Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 9:28:46 PM EDT
Tell me what you think about this:

My girlfriend plays basketball fand tonight she had a game.  Well it was senior night and her last game of her career .  With about 2 minutes left in the game she fouled the shooter, and was knocked backwards and hit her head hard on the ground.  My girl is a tough you know what and she didn't get up from the ground for a while.  She had to be walked off the court and into the locker room by her trainers as she was in a lot of pain.  As she was walking into the locker room the local police officer for the rival school looked at her, laughed and said "don't worry honey, she made her free throws"....Now she was already crying from fouling out and from her head injury and the officer knew this.  I think it was totally unprofessional for him to say this to her especially while in uniform.  I thought I was going to have jump down from the stands and pull her off of him, but she was the bigger "man" and just ignored him
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck the police!

The cops will kill your dog!

The Thin Blue Line Rides Again!

In Before the LEO Apologists!

Damned JBTs!

And, last but not least...

..IBTL.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
An asshat is an asshat no matter what he's wearing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
No LE bashing, I'm in LE myself--Thats what pissed me off, I would've never said anything like that to someone after what had just happened.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No LE bashing, I'm in LE myself--Thats what pissed me off, I would've never said anything like that to someone after what had just happened.  

Not accusing you, bud.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not accusing you, bud.

I know, I was just aggrivated I guess because it really upset my girlfriend even more than she was..and you know how that shit works after the game
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+eleventybillion
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]
She ought to call his supervisor and file a complaint. Nobody holding the position of a school resource officer should have a mindset that allows him to make comments like that to anybody - especially students.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]
She is the girl in high school or college?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Senior in high school
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
She ought to call his supervisor and file a complaint. Nobody holding the position of a school resource officer should have a mindset that allows him to make comments like that to anybody - especially students.

Thats exactly what I told her...She didn't tell me this until after we were on the way home!  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Am I understanding that you are "in LE", dating a high school kid, and then talking about how "shit works after the game"?

Am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Am I understanding that you are "in LE", dating a high school kid, and then talking about how "shit works after the game"?

I see someone else noticed
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, I just turned 21 and I'm a detention officer, so she's 18, me 21 and the shit I was talking about was me having to deal with her being upset/pissed/etc...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Should he have said it: NO

Did you girlfriend whine about it when it happened: NO

Should you whine about it: NO

Should you have posted this just to encourage the anti-leo crowd: NO

'nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I never said I was an LEO, i said I was in law enforcement... I consider working for the sheriff's office as a detention officer law enforcement is some way or another!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#18]

....say this to her especially while in uniform. I thought I was going to have jump down from the stands and pull her off of him, but she was the bigger "man" and just ignored him.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats exactly what I told her...She didn't tell me this until after we were on the way home!  

Huh? I'm missing something too here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Its OK, most "Pseudo-Law Enforcement" employees get it confused..............

Prison Guards, Parole Officers, Detention Officers, Game Commisioners, Mall Security, all the same in my eyes.

ETA_ Nothing wrong with real LEOs. They have a dirty job.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#20]
How long have you been "in LE"?  Have you started already?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been working for the local SO for about 6 months now... That post was a question regarding what I'm getting ready to do.  My SO won't allow me the time off to go to the academy on my own and the pay here sucks so I'm leaving my current SO to work for another larger SO that pays more.  My question then was aimed at going to the academy before I started the job or not....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#22]
JBT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Completely, completely DISAGREE. We are a nation of complainers - as a group, we need to get thicker skin and "man up."  It's unAmerican to get all worked up, complain, sue over hot coffee you spilled on yourself, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top