Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 8:07:57 PM EDT
I picked up the new XD45 today.  Now that I've stripped and cleaned it, I have some observations ya'll might be interested in.

The overall fit and finish are really excellent.  No over-molding remnants.  Uniform black finish.  Really nice overall.  The pistol comes with 2 stainless steel 13 round mags along with a polymer belt holster, mag loader,bi-mag carrier, bore brush and safety lock (as well as a nice carrying case).

The inside of the pistol is as nice as the outside.  I found no machine marks at all. The barrel is ramped and polished exceptionally well.  The breech face was smooth.  Looking inside, if I didn't know better, I would think it was a Glock.

The pistol has front and rear gripping grooves on the slide.  It has a loaded chamber indicator which pops up on top of the slide when it is loaded.  On the rear of the slide there is an indicator that shows if the striker is ready to fire.  It has ambi. magazine release.  It has a grip safety (kind of like on a 1911).  The factory sights (1 dot up front, 2 in the rear) are polymer.  It has a trigger safety (like the Glock trigger).  There are two scallops (thumb rests) on each side of the grip.  There is a rail on the front of the frame (in front of the trigger guard) for a light/laser.

Takedown of the slide is a bit more complicated that a Glock but it wasn't hard to detail strip.  It's kind of like a Sig.  The recoil spring assembly is two springs and plunger like that in the Glock 26/27.  The front of the frame has the metal rails and the rear has large, polymer rails.

After cleaning and lubing, the pistol was reassembled.  The slide ran on the rails smoothly and without any hesitation to go into battery.  I haven't got to the range with it yet but I'm looking forward to that.  The XD45 fits my small (not Nancy Boy-sized) hand and the grip circumference is about like a double stacked Glock 22.  The gun balances well in the hand.  The grip angle is like that of a Sig.

The pistol is made in Croatia and appears to take the best design features of several different manufacturers (like Glock and Sig).  On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best compared to other quality guns) I would rate it (without having shot it yet) a 8.

After I get to the range and wring it out, I'll report back.

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
OK....who the hell are you and what did you do with LAWDOG?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Awww.... I'm just messin' wit'cha !!!!

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Hasn't shot it yet, must be airsoft
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top