Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 5:09:54 PM EDT
I will be giving a talk next week and one of my slides talks about Mad Cow Disease. What I need for you all is a humorous cartoon of a pissed off looking cow or an animation of a cow destroying something. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just  put a picture of Rosie O'Donnel with a maxipad hanging out of her mouth like a unfiltered ciggy and that should hammer home the "mad cow" message.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you could draw some pictures (in crayon of course) of a Cow with a machine gun killing some arabs.  That would move you up at least 4 rungs on the company ladder.

I will think of some more.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Show em your weiner.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]
If you thought you had a liberal audience, you could go with ( chalk I recommend) a drawing of a cow with little teats and small bony arms wearing a T-shirt that says "It's all Bushes falt"
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys are freaking cracking me up, but you retards still offer no solutions
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Show em your weiner.

This is sound advice, dong theater is always popular at employee meetings.

If I might add some creative input, draw some black spots on your dong, so it looks like a milk cow.  And maybe draw some angry eyebrows so you can stay on focus with the mad cow thing.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I will be giving a talk next week and one of my slides talks about Mad Cow Disease. What I need for you all is a humorous cartoon of a pissed off looking cow or an animation of a cow destroying something. Thanks.

Be careful.  Humor can backfire, making you look like a rube, and rarely adds value to a presentation.  

Since you mention slides, here are some common Power Point mistakes, this is something I hand out to everyone who works for me:

-Almost universally used incorrectly
-Slides and overheads have become an “arms race”
-The role of the presenter has decreased to the point where he might as well have just emailed the presentation
-All too easy to just read the wall
-The machine and dark room sets a bad atmosphere
-The audience reads ahead and becomes bored
-Too many word slides and bulleted lists

Power Point Tips
-ALMOST NEVER use word slides – the audience can read much faster than you can talk and just get frustrated.  Word slides add no value, except as "take-away" handouts or when data is presented in a tabular format.  
-Provide blanks slides so the audience can focus on the speaker and his competence and knowledge of the subject.
-Never begin or end a presentation with slides – no title slides either.  Otherwise you cannot start or end your presentation from a position of strength.
-Isolate all slides with blanks on each side
-Make only one major point, or convey one idea, per slide
-No gratuitous slides – make every one count
-Graphics and basics – there is no reason to needlessly use software features just because they are there.  Use simple, graphic images to most effectively convey your point.
-Try not to hand out copies of your presentation in advance
-If you have a complex subject to present on, it is ok to create “take-away” slides with bulleted lists and additional information.  However, NEVER hand them out ahead of time.

Do you work for a company that has to deal with BSE?  Just curious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top