Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 4:43:53 PM EDT
Darn the luck, Seems like the anti's at Egay just can't take a joke. (They got pissed off that I sold a folding stock before they caught the auction. Oh well, I guess I'll just go sit in the corner and think about what I did wrong and wait to be marched-off to an indoctrination camp where I'm sure they'll try to cure me of this evil assault weapon disease.

Dear pale_pony,

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended for a period of no less than 30 days for violating eBay's Firearms, Weapons, and Knives policy.

Since the sale of weapons is highly regulated, or may cause harm to eBay or its members, sellers are restricted in their listing of them on eBay.For more information on Firearms, Weapons, and Knives visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Consequently, all of your current listings have been removed from eBay. During this period you will be unable to leave or receive feedback, bid on or sell items, or file for an Unpaid Item credit. Should you need to access information from listings which ended before your suspension period, you can do so by reviewing the notices you received at the time the listings ended.

We have taken this action only after careful consideration of the history of violations on your account. We have reviewed carefully each offense that led to this decision and verified that the correct action was taken. Today, we removed the following listings:

7215802645 - Antique Ruger Mini 14 Folding Stock Walnut Blue Steel

We had previously written to you about this policy on:

1/30/2006 3:06:37 AM
1/28/2006 7:10:18 AM
1/16/2006 7:41:19 AM
1/6/2006 12:42:50 AM

While this suspension is active, you are prohibited from registering under a new account name or using another existing account to use our system in any way. Any attempt to reregister or use our system in any way will result in permanent account suspension with no possibility of reinstatement.

Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

You are very important to eBay and this period of time will help us to build a better relationship. We hope you will come away with a better understanding of our policies.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Regards,
eBay Trust & Safety

Ahem...fuqq you Egay, I sold the damn thing and I'm not sorry!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Doh!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Dear pale_pony,

You are very important to eBay and this period of time will help us to build a better relationship. We hope you will come away with a better understanding of our policies.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Great, now the libtards have more fuel for the fire  because you violated gun rules!!
BAD BAD BAD!!!
Way to go buddy!!

HEADLINE:
Ebay suspends user for firearms law disreguard!!!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
That's some of the gayest corporate language I've ever heard.

"You are very important to eBay and this period of time will help us to build a better relationship. We hope you will come away with a better understanding of our policies."
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#6]
i was suspended from ebay, then immediately created a new account under a different name, then went into the "Change User Profile" menu and changed it back to my original name  this was years ago, and my account is still active, they never caught on heh
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
what is the knives policy? There are shitloads of knives on ebay.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I got mine suspended for a bb gun
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#9]
They just sent me this letter today:

***Listing Cancelled - Results Null and Void***

Dear Gus,

Please be aware that the following auction-style listing:

Item Number - 7582455793
Item Title - Equipment Lot HK AR15 Safariland Hoyt Blocker Magpul

has been removed by eBay for violating of one or more of our policies. Any offers or bids placed on this auction-style listing are now null and void. We advise you not to finalize this transaction with the seller. As stated in the eBay User Agreement, neither seller nor buyer should engage in transactions that violate the law or eBay policy.

Please review eBay's Prohibited and Restricted Items guidelines and User Agreement at the following locations:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html
 http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

Thing is, all I was doing was watching the auction. I didn't and had no intention of bidding on it!!  Not only that, they pulled the auction after it had ended!  That's right - the lot sold and THEN they pulled it and then apparently threatened everybody that was watching it. They don't even want you THINKING about firearms.

FUCK EBAY
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dear pale_pony,

You are very important to eBay and this period of time will help us to build a better relationship. We hope you will come away with a better understanding of our policies politics.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dear pale_pony,

I got a kick out of that too! I take it upon myself to email support stupid ass questions just to fuck with them...only when I'm board though
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I bot ebay-banned for selling 10 round M14 mags a while back.  Way before they banned all AR stuff.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a good thing I bought the 2 pre-ban AK stocks I needed on ebay before they turned all gay and shit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, look on the bright side...if ebay wasn't so full of idiots, GunBroker wouldn't be the great auction site that it is today. Maybe it's all for the better.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Can't sell autoknives and shurikens (throwing stars).  They suspended my ass for selling shurikens about 2 years ago.  But you can sell big ass claymore swords, halberds, and battle axes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I still find it hard to believe that a gunowner would do business with Ebay and/or Paypal.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh well, they will probably ban me permamently when they read my reply to their suspension letter.

Does "Neener-Neener Boo-Boo" translate in liberal faggot talk?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I had three accounts killed for selling old M1 stocks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I just won an auction too for a bunch of holsters/ar parts. Got a letter from ebay the other day saying the auction was void and I shouldnt send money becuase it was against ebay policy. Luckily the seller got the package out before it sent him an email also.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck E-gay.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Tiffany's going after eGays' nuts....

news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20060131/tc_nf/41321

they worry about you selling real gun parts but not about fake jewelry.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#23]
FUCK EBAY!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Despite the inconveniece it causes me (and it does), I refuse to do business with Ebay or Paypal.  The ONLY exception was buying my Team Membership.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I got banned for owing $3.00.  I was away from the internet for a week.  When I got back, I had two e-mails:  One warned me that if I did not pay the $3.00 I would be kicked out.  The other said that I was kicked out.

Thanks for giving me the warning, assholes!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't sell autoknives and shurikens (throwing stars).  They suspended my ass for selling shurikens about 2 years ago.  But you can sell big ass claymore swords, halberds, and battle axes.

Good! The old lady is GONE if that's the case!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I have purchased approximately $15K worth of firearms in the past 24 months with my profits from Ebay

You gotta learn how to beat them @ their own game
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I think i'm going to go post an auction for one (1) lot of 'Fuck Ebay.' I don't use my account anymore due to their practices. I think it'll be cool to let them ban me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Fuck E-gay.

+another 1.

Got my Paypal account suspend recently for similar reasons.

I posted the story here.

I sent in an appeal (just for the hell of it) asking them to define "assault weapons parts".

They couldn't do it. Morons.

Still refused my appeal.

Now. I'M GLAD I GOT SUSPENDED. IT'S WHAT I DESERVE FOR DEALING WITH ANTI-FREEDOM PHUKTARDS.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Think they will be at shot show again?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Wait a minute! It can't be....a Mini-14 is NOT an assualt weapon.

Old Bill said so himself, and got the gov to agree...so what are they complaining about?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

bingo
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I owed eBay about $200 when they permanently suspended my account for selling assault weapon parts. This was well over a year ago and they are still sending me emails letting me know how I can get my payment in to them.

It will show up on your credit report.  Just a heads up.  I hate Ebay.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Don't you know, folding stocks can hurt people. You could get your finger caught in it while it's folding.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I still find it hard to believe that a gunowner would do business with Ebay and/or Paypal.

I wish somebody would start up a "Gunpay" payment service.  They could ban the use of their service for buying Birkenstocks, Paluchi oil, hackey sacks, frisbees, etc.......
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Fuck Ebay.  Fuck them and their absurd anti-gun policies right in their fucking mouths.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#38]
My recent ebay listing
note the note to ebay.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#39]
this was years back, but E-bay once sent me an email alerting me to a cancelled auction for some woodland camo mag pouches I had bid on......

only I had already won the auction and had the things in my posession by the time they sent the email.
Hell just about everything I bought on Ebay was weapons-related. Got a great deal on an M12 holster a while back.

I guess it's their company, and if they want to be a bunch of soppy liberal douchebags, they can...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#40]
But eBay claims it is only a marketplace that brings together buyers and sellers, and cannot be held responsible for sales of counterfeit items

"It becomes a slippery slope when a marketplace like eBay is held responsible for the products sold on the site," said Forrester analyst Sucharita Mulpuru. "It's like the Pasadena flea market at the Rose Bowl being held liable for every fake product or tchotchke sold through its venue."

If they feel like that what is wrong with gun stuff??
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
But eBay claims it is only a marketplace that brings together buyers and sellers, and cannot be held responsible for sales of counterfeit items

"It becomes a slippery slope when a marketplace like eBay is held responsible for the products sold on the site," said Forrester analyst Sucharita Mulpuru. "It's like the Pasadena flea market at the Rose Bowl being held liable for every fake product or tchotchke sold through its venue."

If they feel like that what is wrong with gun stuff??

That's the point.   Ebay doesn't give a shit about the liability, because there is none, and they've got the lawyers to handle it.   They are simply an anti-gun company, and pushing their anti-gun politics on all of their customers.

As I said before, Fuck Ebay.  Fuck them right in their mouths.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#42]
I got an email from the NRA about a week ago with an opinion poll regarding their store.

So I clicked on the link and lo, there was a link to ebay - I graded the store front very low and added comments explaining that I was offended by the link to anti-gun ebay.

Still haven't heard back.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Dear pale_pony,

During this period you will be unable to leave or receive feedback, bid on or sell items, or file for an Unpaid Item credit. Should you need to access information from listings which ended before your suspension period, you can do so by reviewing the notices you received at the time the listings ended.

Is this notice that you cannot have any money from them that is yours?

If so, I believe you have grounds for legal action

Of course, you should cancel them first and throw in PayPal in the canceled heap as well
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#44]
The government wanted eBay to stop listing MRE's. Ebay told the gov't to show them a law prohibiting it or pound sand. Contrast this with their stance on guns/gun parts
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Them sorry dog's cancelled an auction of mine that i was selling 10 Bushmaster sight in targets

Bushmaster paper sight in targets.....hahahahha!!!!!!

Sorry dog's!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top