Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:40:12 PM EDT
npr was asking for donations tonight, the announcer was a little peeved because NO ONE was calling to donate
really, she actually said that no one was calling and when someone did call she would announced it

They also had an interview with some of the al-jazeera staff who seemed to be explaining that they
were the best damn station in the world and they are so fair and balanced that...........

"if we give bin-laden five minutes, we give george bush five hours"

Anyway, their phone number is 713-526-5738 in case you want to give money.......

Or, maybe give them some programming suggestions, like "try telling the truth for a change you asshats"
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm going to be flamed for saying this, but i do listen to NPR sometimes.  while they are wickedly left-wing, they do have some really good intelligent discussion occasionally, especially when compared to the "right-wing" stations in my area.  the interview they did of paul bremer was fascinating.

nevertheless, i don't believe in government-subsidized radio, and their budget should be cut and they should be forced to run ads to support themselves
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Click and Clack and Science Friday. The lefty stuff turns me off
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
They are masters at turning positive news into negative news to bash Bush.  Case in point: they did a piece about a year ago that talked about the housing boom and how home prices were going up.  But they spun the story to say that it is even harder now for low income people to buy homes.  They failed to mention that home ownership is at an all-time high.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]
NPR does some good reporting sometimes. But most of the time it reports with a communist left-wing anti-gun anti-Bush anti-republican agenda. Ohh but aren't they so smart and clever?
Yank the government funds now..
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
We need a conservative version of NPR.

True, there are plenty of conservative talk radio shows, but absolutely none of them can manage to go for more than 7 minutes without an additional 5+ minutes of commercials. Also, many of them are long on the host ranting, and short on the guests discussing.

With the possible exception of satellite radio, "commercial radio" truly sucks these days.

I'm not sure if fund-raisers or subscriptions are the answer, but something has to change.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i'm going to be flamed for saying this, but i do listen to NPR sometimes.  while they are wickedly left-wing, they do have some really good intelligent discussion occasionally, especially when compared to the "right-wing" stations in my area.  the interview they did of paul bremer was fascinating.

You are joking.....right?  

nevertheless, i don't believe in government-subsidized radio, and their budget should be cut and they should be forced to run ads to support themselves

I do not aprove of anything public, that I support  with my tax dime, being political anything.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted: Anyway, their phone number is 713-526-5738 in case you want to give money....... Or, maybe give them some programming suggestions, like "try telling the truth for a change you asshats"
Doesn't NPR broadcast out of the University of Houston's radio station?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the best conservative talk stations in my area (First Radio Station west of the Mississippi) now plays Mexican music as of 2 weeks ago.

But yeah, NPR has some interesting interviews sometimes..Diane Rehm is kind of hard to listen to..She has a voice condition that makes her sound like a 90 yr old stroke victim.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I do not aprove of anything public, that I support  with my tax dime, being political anything.

so you want the white house to have a commercial break or infomercial in the middle of the state of the union speech so your tax dollars don't have to pay for it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top