Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 2:21:44 PM EDT
The Westboro Baptist Church plan to protest the Fort Campbell Eagle Remembrance Ceremony on February 8th in Oak Grove Ky.  

These guys have a permit to stand across the street and protest the rememberence of fallen soldiers from the 101st.  What a shame.  Theres a petetion to the governor going around on base.

Protesting something is fine, but you dont yell at grieving families of the dead.. what a shame.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I should add that these people have signs like "God hates America" etc, etc.

And they are not recognized by the "official" Baptist church.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hope nobody releases any CS into the air near the protest. That would be mean.

OC is more readliy available for such accidents. I hope the wind is in favor.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this ceremony to be held inside the post?  Or is it out in town?  Could not decipher from your posting.

If it's on post, then at least you don't have to deal with the morons directly.  Maybe a freak thunderstorm will pop up and a well placed lightening strike..........
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I am seriously shocked that someone hasn't snuffed this douche yet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is this ceremony to be held inside the post?  Or is it out in town?  Could not decipher from your posting.

If it's on post, then at least you don't have to deal with the morons directly.  Maybe a freak thunderstorm will pop up and a well placed lightening strike..........

The ceremony is on post.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope nobody releases any CS into the air near the protest. That would be mean.

OC is more readliy available for such accidents. I hope the wind is in favor.

Here, Here
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like someone needs to get and use those stink bombs that smell like skunks! That wouldbring a tear to their eyes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#11]
You wanna know something really funny to do to protesters to get them to leave on their own?

Well first of all, it has to be warm weather--this doesn't work in the winter in most locales, , , -but anyway.

You take a small teaspoon of honey and sugar, you mix it into a couple glassfuls of water, and then you throw that water onto the protesters, however you must. Soak them as good as you can. Get a super-soaker and hosing them would work too. The honey-water doesn't directly hurt them of course, but after a few minutes, the smell of the honey-water will start drawing in bees and wasps.
~
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I should add that these people have signs like "God hates America" etc, etc.

And they are not recognized by the "official" Baptist church.

There are about 8 billion different flavors of "Baptist" in the world.

But you are correct in that this church is not affiliated with any recognized Baptist denomination.

One of the things about religious freedom is that a group of morons can call themselves a "church" if they want to, no matter how little they reflect the intent of real churches or the teachings of real churches.

Phelps and his hateful band of idiots are nothing more than a bunch of mal-contents who rejoice in the suffering of others.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:52:09 AM EDT
[#13]
man, these tards are not gonna be happy til they get the shit kicked out of them... that has GOT to be what they're pushing for! something to get them on national tv.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:54:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
man, these tards are not gonna be happy til they get the shit kicked out of them... that has GOT to be what they're pushing for! something to get them on national tv.

Yup.

They crave attention and the sense of being "persecuted" because the people who would tell them to shut the hell up would be "against God".

Thus the best thing to do is ignore them....at least until one of them dies, and then the rest of the nation should show up at one of their funerals holding signs saying how much God hates idiots, and how their death is God's punishment for being a moron.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:57:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ceremony is on post.

If the ceremony is on post then the closest they can get is across the street from post.  I feel certain that the post commander is going to laugh in their faces when they ask for permission to come on base.  Not to mention a couple of hundred paratroopers who would willingly spend some time doing extra duty for beating the unholy snot out of these idiots.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:00:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#17]
In this morning's paper (Wheeling, Wv.):

http://www.theintelligencer.net/News/articles.asp?articleID=1768

Funeral Protest Planned

By SHELLEY HANSON

Some members of a Topeka, Kan., church who protested outside of a memorial service for the 12 miners who died in the Sago Mine disaster are planning another protest — this time outside of U.S. Army Sgt. Matthew Hunter’s funeral.

Hunter, 31, of Valley Grove died Jan. 23 in Iraq from a roadside bomb. Born in Wheeling, Hunter was a 1992 graduate of Wheeling Park High School. He received numerous medals during his years of military service.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, an attorney with the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, on Thursday evening said some members of the congregation plan to hold a peaceful protest starting at 10:30 a.m. Saturday outside of the West Alexander Presbyterian Church in West Alexander, Pa., which is where Hunter’s funeral service is scheduled to he held at 11 a.m.

Phelps-Roper said the purpose of the protest is to help people “connect the dots,” to help them realize that “America is doomed.”

Westboro Baptist Church members believe God is punishing America’s support of homosexuality.

“We’re going to stand on a public right-of-way with signs,” she said. “It’s going to be peaceful on our side.”

Phelps-Roper said members of her church try to protest at as many memorials and funerals as possible.

She said members of the church believe the wool has been pulled over Americans’ eyes, and that war and mine disasters are God’s way of punishing sinful Americans.

“The nation is Bible ignorant,” she said.

Phelps-Roper said members of the church have protested outside of five funerals this week across the country. She said, if possible, church members also plan to protest outside of the funeral of Coretta Scott King, who is the late wife of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

An officer with the Donegal Township, Pa., police department said his department is aware of the planned protest. He said officers from his department will be at Hunter’s funeral service.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
...at least until one of them dies, and then the rest of the nation should show up at one of their funerals holding signs saying how much God hates idiots, and how their death is God's punishment for being a moron.

hahahahaha man, i would SO be there!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:10:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Drive by! Where are the rappers when you need them?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Ramming speed!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I hope nobody releases any CS into the air near the protest. That would be mean.  I hope nobody has any of my avatar across the street. That would be messy.

Fixed it for ya' Jarhead.

And truefully, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if somebody did. I hate these assholes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#24]
These are supposedly BAPTISTS?!?! Every Baptist I know (quite a few since I'm southern baptist) pulls over on the side of the road and takes their hat off for a funeral procession passing by. These are people who took up offerings for families with members in Iraq and Afghanistan. Half of them spit at the mention of any well-known leftist and the other half just make snide comments under their breath. These are serious, salt of the earth, people we're talking about.

So yeah, no group of baptists will officially recognize these assholes; that's because they go against everything we're about! Just like no sect of Christianity will recognize the KKK; just because they CLAIM to be Christians and say they're acting in the will of God doesn't mean they're not a bunch of lying assholes who are going straight to Hell in the express elevator.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top