Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 12:35:04 PM EDT
I was out by my garage a few minutes ago and my neighbor saw me and asked to speak with me.  I walked over to her yard and she first apologized for not meeting me sooner.  She went on to say that she had heard someone outside her home a few nights ago and she looked out to see the padlock on her gate swinging back in forth like it had just been closed.  She saw footprints the next morning under her window.  Her husband had mentioned to me that they had seen someone near my garage before the latest incident.  Neither of us have anything missing or vandalized.  I do not know what this guy wants.  She hasn't called the police as she doesn't have any type of description to give them.   My job and my neighbor's husband's jobs sometimes keep us away overnight.  I haven't seen anyone suspicious around.  What could this person want?  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be a peeping tom.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
drugs, guns, women, cigarettes, automobiles, paint, money....who knows.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
looking forward to the soon-to-be-forthcoming drawdown thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
time to get out the pressure detonated tannerite
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Send us pictures of the neighbors wife.  We might just be able to figure out what someone is doing from that picture.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
looking forward to the soon-to-be-forthcoming drawdown thread.

me too
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Going to have to tag this one as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 What could this person want?  

scalps...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

scalps...

I'm thinking women's underwear & SIG45's season 1 Dawson's Creek DVD collection? The world has officially gone mad.... The savages.

I'd be on red alert
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I mentioned that it might be a peeping tom to her.  She said that it was not possible to see inside her home with the blinds/curtains that they have.  If this guy receives any projectiles to the head from me, it is a safe bet that it will be somewhat larger than a 9mm.  Of course, I don't want this situation to end that way.  I would like it to stop without any drawing down, shooting or  my Dawsons Creek DVD's coming up missing.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Motion sensing lights and one of these on each drive :

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=534844&R=534844

rj
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Torsos.

But no... You could try leaving a note outside for them and see if it disappears. Would let them know you and your nieghbor are watching. Might scare them away....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Time to set up the Motion Activated Claymores
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A 9mm .45ACP to the head?

fixed it for ya, don't want to have to do the whole 9mm verrsus .45 thing again
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Nah, go ahead with the 9mm. Then your lawyer can make a plausible case you meant no harm.

Check the yellow pages for "Rent-A-Rott" and keep him on a lean diet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Send us pictures of the neighbors wife.  We might just be able to figure out what someone is doing from that picture.

Yes, pics might help. Then again they might hurt. Sig's call!!

I'd definately be on alert. If your job keeps you away at night and you can carry legally, make sure you're armed when you come home.

That or the motion activated Claymores....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Is she hot? It could be that she's just horney and looking for some action....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't want to be unkind.  She is not the most attractive women I've ever seen.  Pics probably wouldn't help.  

This is Louisiana, we can legally carry handguns (or any other type of firearm) in our vehicles without any type of  permit.  I always have a handgun with me in my vehicle.  I will get my CCW soon. I was planning to even before any of this happened.    
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Call the police the next time.  If anything to get an incident report and maybe exra patrols.  You never can tell if this is the first or the middle of a series of strange incidents.

Big hungry dogs.

no lights, hoes and rakes placed around yard points up
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Probably some guy nailing the neighbors daughter. Ambush him the next time, just lay down a withering round of suppressive fire before confronting him.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Get some body range targets with lots of X-ring hits,nail them to some lathes and put them right in the footprint impresions!

Maybe when the dude sees them he will get the Idea!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#25]
wants? what any BG wants--something YOU have

watch out, keep each other on a look out
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A 9mm to the head?

Best answer I've heard so far...  From a Brit nonetheless!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Bear trap.

Shovel.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:09:42 AM EDT
[#28]
We had an uneventful night.  No sign of this guy.  My wife got home late and I went out to meet her at her vehicle with my P220 on my hip.  Before she pulled up, I looked around/inside my garage with my Surefire.  Maybe it was too early for him to be around.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:15:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Get some body range targets with lots of X-ring hits,nail them to some lathes and put them right in the footprint impresions!

Maybe when the dude sees them he will get the Idea!!!

Bob

I like this suggestion!  Maybe you could write on the target, "I did this from 100yds, at this moment, you are less than 25 yds away.  DO THE MATH!"
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:17:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I have motion lights on every side of the house to "help" keep them away.  I have a .40 inside the house to help too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:26:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What he want's is NOT important anymore in my opinion. The fact remains that he  HAS and MAY AGAIN enter your property. THAT FACT should be first and foremost in your thoughts.

I would suggest that your family talk about "scenarios" and what your plans of action will and should be should the same incident occur again. No tannerite. No claymore. Just some honest to goodness common sense practical courses of action .... just in case. Talk to your neighbor again and make arrangements to watch out for each other's family in your or his absence.

SECURE YOUR HOMES AND BEDROOMS if only for the mean time. Security lights, perimiter lights are a must. Curtains, blinds in the bedrooms are also highly recommended. A would be intruder will think twice about invading a home if he is not sure what he is literally getting into.

Good luck. I hope everything turns out ok.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#32]

get some k9s
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:41:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/barkleya/fleapowder.jpg

get some k9s

I have motion detector lights (cheap, about 20 bucks each) and a 160 pound dog. We had only one problem with someone being where they shouldn't. He left a trail of blood behind him when he left.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Probably a tax assessor wanting to come in for an inspection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top