Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 11:57:46 AM EDT
Every five seconds Discovery is showing the commercial for it and if i hear this asshole say "i am trying to proect the animals the best i can" i will shoot my TV. This moron pissed me off so much running around thinking that  HE protected those animals???? What about the Fish and Wildlife guys???? What about it being a park??? I cannot think of a better or more ironic fate for someone.  No one better was ever turned into bear scat. Asshole.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I just want to see the last episode where he gets eaten
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That "movie" was bad.  It's one thing to get your own dumb ass eaten but he took his girlfriend along.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Making money off a "self important ineffectuals" life is hollyweirds thang.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

they dont show that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they dont show that.

If they did, I'd see the movie.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember watching this Treadwell years ago.  My wife and I would cringe and say "one of these days that guy is gonna get it."  WeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeell what do ya know!  He was largely viewed as an idiot here in Alaska.  With that said, I'm gonna watch his movie.  That stupid fucker did get some good video of Grizzlies.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That "movie" was bad.  It's one thing to get your own dumb ass eaten but he took his girlfriend along.

You say that like she wasn't a stupid lib-tard too.  Best thing about the story is I don't think either of these fools reproduced.  Worst thing was that the bear got shot for doing a public service.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#8]
after seeing the movie, that guy is definitely a nut case.  there are some pretty amusing parts when he starts freaking out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You say that like she wasn't a stupid lib-tard too.  Best thing about the story is I don't think either of these fools reproduced.  Worst thing was that the bear got shot for doing a public service.

No shit. Your gonna have a hard time convincing any semi normal woman to go camping with bears. Most would probably shun the idea of camping altogether, let alone with 1000 pound carnivores.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they dont show that.

Oh well, in that case I'm not going to see any episodes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you say EXTREMELY BI-POLAR?!?!?!?!

That guys was off his meds and in serious need of some psychological care.  He did shoot some pretty good video footage of the big browns but I think he probably did more harm than good.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Who? What?

I have no idea whom you're speaking of.   Details? Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I wholly support his actions…

He managed to raise the collective IQ and keep himself and her from breeding so to protect future generations and he gave a bear enough food to get through the winter.

A win for humanity… a win for the bears.

ETA: They ought to find that bear and give him some kind of award.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

they did find him... his award?  he became dinner at the local homeless shelter.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have heard that his camera was going, but all that was there was audio of the attack..

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I just wonder... if the bear managed to get away would he want to go after normal humans or idoit humans?

I don't plan on seeing it mainly because... I would rather be watching Mythbusters or something more educational.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they did find him... his award?  he became dinner at the local homeless shelter.
~Dg84

See another side benefit… Grizzly Boy indirectly feeds the homeless.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#18]
The promos have looked interesting but yeah he seems like an asshat. How many episodes are there? I don't want to invest a lot of time in this. So he ended up getting eaten, huh? I'm off to Google...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I wholly support his actions…

He managed to raise the collective IQ and keep himself and her from breeding so to protect future generations and he gave a bear enough food to get through the winter.

A win for humanity… a win for the bears.

I think the fish and game cops tracked them down and killed the bear/bears responsible. So much for him "protecting" any bear. The guy was an asshat and too bad about the poor misguided girlfriend.

I think they have to kill any bear that eats a human so it doesn't get out that we taste like chicken.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I have seen this video.  All you get to see is rocks, but you can hear libtard screaming.  GF got eaten too, there was some video (obviously taken by whoever found them) of the human remains.

From what they explained during the show, the guy had been warned MANY times by MANY different folks but he continued his risky behavior.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Of all the ways to die.. Being eaten is not near the top.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

they dont show that.

If they did, I'd see the movie.

there was a recording i think and/or perhaps a video camera on during his last meal (in which he was the meal). people were hunting hi and lo on the internet for the sound and/or video. one of the investigating officers or park rangers or whatever said it was the most horrible thing he had ever heard of or seen and there would be no way it was getting out....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Timmy Treadwell:

Before:

After:

I hope he rots in hell, the fucking 'tard.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Timmy Treadwell...
...I hope he rots in hell, the fucking 'tard.

Spoken like a true Alaskan.... lol
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Who? What?

I have no idea whom you're speaking of.   Details? Anyone?

Probably the best example ever of a self-important, self-righteous "special" person. He was a fruitcake who thought he had some sort of special connection to grizzly bears that would keep them from eating him. He would touch them, sing to them, and name them crap like "Mr. Smoodgywidgins." His death - and especially the manner of his death - went a long way toward reassuring me that there is order in the universe. Sort of like a libtard who insists that gangsta savages just need understanding, moves to the area where they operate, and is robbed, sodomized, and murdered by them. Either story is imperfect only because there is no proof that anyone was able, as the morons passed from this world to the next, to say "I bet you feel pretty stupid right now."
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I read the Readers Digest version...

He screwed up royally.  The Bears were behaving differently, and as an "Expert" he should have realized it (even as an amateur).   He was killed and eaten.  His girlfriend heard what happened, and began screaming hysterically--which made the bear(s) come back and kill and eat her too...

Then the Search team has to kill the bears stalking them.

Puts me in mind of something I heard lately.

A group of tourists were going hiking and the park ranger told them to wear bells and carry cans of pepper spray.  The bells warn the bears off, and if they remain agressive, the pepper spray is there as a backup.

One of the tourists asks the ranger what kind of bears live in the area....

The ranger replys...Black Bears and Grizzly Bears.

The Tourist asks how to tell the difference.

The Ranger tells them that the bears aren't usually seen, but you can identify which is around by their Scat.

What does the Scat look like? asks the Tourist.

Ranger replies:
Black bear scat usually has the remains of blueberries and nuts visible.

Grizzly Scat has little bells and cans of pepper spray.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Without a doubt the worst documentary movie I have ever seen.  The guy was completely off his rocker.  Typical fucking lib dimwit that wanted to be close to nature.  His voice drove me nuts, his saying to the bears drove me nuts, and evidently, he also drove one of the bears nuts.  If I remember right, the pilot that was picking him up saw the bear eating his carcass.  He said the bear looked at the plane, and started eating faster.......that was the best part of the whole show!!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Either story is imperfect only because there is no proof that anyone was able, as the morons passed from this world to the next, to say "I bet you feel pretty stupid right now."

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#32]
The guy obviously wanted to go to the happy hunting grounds in the sky.  Might as well have a bear do the dirty deed for you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
...If I remember right, the pilot that was picking him up saw the bear eating his carcass.  He said the bear looked at the plane, and started eating faster...

Brownies do some crazy shit.  We hovered next to one last year that was on a moose kill.  That crazy fucker lunged at the helo.  He probably thought we were a giant mosquito with our refueling boom and rotor blades.  Also, some of our guys saw a female on going ape-shit on a beaver lodge last summer.  He said it was standing on top of the lodge digging... and that wood and shit was flying everywhere.  I'll tell sometimes I can't believe the stuff I see, let alone get paid.

~Dg84  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Grizzly Scat has little bells and cans of pepper spray.

Wooohooo, eyes are watering...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Bear 1, Liberal Loser 0
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#36]
A human on Kodiak Is. is not at the top of the food chain.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep the same thing goes as far as great apes(exspecially the silverback alpha male) just stand up to him as high a you can and beat rapidly upon your chest!!

Post back with your results!!  Best guess is that there will be no large pieces of you left to bag!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#38]
My roommate rented this movie, basically just an accumilation of clips from his "studies".  I sat in on it from time to time.  Did he have an almost earie way, a gift, with wild animals?  Definately.  Was he a nutjob, full of delusions of grandeur, destined to end up as a steamy brown coil on the forest floor?  Absofuckinglutely.

From what I did see:

He constantly swatted at GIANT FUCKING BEARS that got to close, where as a sane person would walk away from such an encounter.  In doing this he stated something along the lines of "gaining the respect for the bears in displaying is "dominance".  A qoute from Firesign Theatre that I find fitting, "I don't like bears, mang.  I see a bear coming down the street, I turn around and walk the other way.  That's how much I hate bears, mang."

Another scene, he tosses his hat to a wild fox to play with.  When the wild fox takes his hat in it's jaws and runs away, this actually surprises him.  He then begins to chase the fox in a wild tangeant while trying to explain to the fox how important this hat is to him.  When the fox does not reply to his requests, he really begins to lose it and has a fit.  Not sure if the fox eventually broke and returned the hat after having feelings of guilt.

Darwinism at it's finnest.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top