Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 8:27:11 AM EDT
I dropped off my daughter at school this morning and on the way back, I was at a stop sign and there were two cars on the right turning left. I decided to let them go and adjust my radio real quick.

After the first car turned left, I heard somebody honking so I looked around, in the rearview mirror and there was a car behind me. I let the second car go and the guy keeps on the horn. I just ignored him, cause at first I thought maybe I had a cat dangling off my bumper or I was on fire.

I went ahead and crossed the intersection and this shiitehead keeps honking and passes me on the right side, half on the shoulder and half on the road. He was also flipping off and waving his arms around.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Maybe he had to much coffee?

Do you go "red" in these situations?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
if you would just get the hell out of the way I wouldnt have honked at you!!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
When I was working as a medic, we called those idiots "job security".  Unfortunately, they tend to injure the other motorists more than themselves.

People have lost the sense of common courtesy and respect.  Add to that the fact that everyone is always in a hurry, and viola, you have your road rage lunatic.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I mounted a twin 50 turret from a B-24 on top of my SUV, with a remote control near my gear shift. I just spin that baby around and give them a short bust and that always takes care of the problem.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Well folks that sit through THEIR turn at a stop screw everyone.  

I HATE it when they try to wave me through - sure, I go and you hit me.   Then I'm at fault, since it wasn't my turn.

Besides, how was the guy before you supposed to know if you were EVER going to go?  You pass up your turn........
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#5]
dont you relize that they are more important then everyone else and they JUST HAVE to get where there going faster then the speed limit!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I HATE it when they try to wave me through - sure, I go and you hit me.   Then I'm at fault, since it wasn't my turn.

Besides, how was the guy before you supposed to know if you were EVER going to go?  You pass up your turn........

Ok, but can you mutter to yourself about the guy that volenteers everyone elses turn in line (hint) without going bat-shit and driving in the shoulder as your face turns fire red screaming and threatning the other driver.  If not, you have a problem, and you are a bigger problem than the guy that was adjusting his radio.

[General "you" not the specfiic YOU].  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't road rage it anymore.  My goal is to get down the road.

If they sit long enough, I just go around them.

BTW - when you are driving, DRIVING is your job.   Not screwing with your radio.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#9]

My outlook came from riding motorcycles for years on the road and the track.

Drive and ride like every other driver is trying to kill you.

I assume every other driver is a dangerous idiot until proven otherwise.
Has kept me accident free for 20 years.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#10]

BTW - when you are driving, DRIVING is your job.   Not screwing with your radio.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Do what I do. Blow him a kiss next time. He is so close to an apoplectic fit it'll drive him over the edge. CVA- your problem is solved.

Last time I did it was for two white trash skags. They were yah yahing at me for the next five miles. Every time I cracked up caused them to go ballistic again. Watch their hands, though. If one of them leaves the wheel and they aren't flipping you off, be ready for evasive maneuvers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I kind of agree with the road rager. If I was at a 4 way stop behind you, then one car went, then it was supposed to be your turn, but you didn't go and just sat there and let another car go, I'd honk too. Shit you might sit there all day as far as someone behind you is concerned how would they know what you were doing?

I admit though, I get pissed as fuck at people that won't just drive or get the hell out of the way.

I honk at people at stop lights and turn arrows that just sit there after the light turns green. I can't imagine being expected to just sit there quitely until the person in front of me decides they want to go.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#13]
When someone is driving like an idiot in front of me (like I may drive on occasion and like you admitted to driving for a moment), I shake my head and say to myself "what an idiot". I don't honk my horn for a prolonged period (that makes the horn honker look like the idiot). That is a good way to get shot, I know this, because I have that thought from time to time. Giving someone the finger is also grounds for getting shot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I know it sounds rediculous, but I've found that the absolute best thing you can do with a road rager is to just smile and wave at them. It's especially good if you act like you know them. Pretend they were an old buddy from school or something.

I've found that more often than not they pipe down real quick because they're probably thinking,"Oh crap, do I know that guy? I don't want to make myself look like an ass!"

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I do the ring-around-the-ear at them and then point and laugh.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I laugh when people on motorcycles try road raging.  When your ride can be taken out by a stray Yugo- you need to just sit tight like a good little bitch and yield to the Geo-metro in front of you.  

who's driving too slow now?  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

+1
I would have honked at you, too.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I am a saint on the road.  I will never do anything that could be regarded as "aggressive", "inflammatory", or "escalating".  

CCW holders, take note.  

In a related side story; many years ago I was driving with my girlfriend in the car and I was recounting an episode I had with a buddy.  I was gesturing wildly inside the car to add emphases, and even flipped the bird as I did to the buddy at the time.  The driver right behind me pulls up along side all pissed off and it dawned on my girlfriend and I that he thinks (and has valid reason too) that I am gesturing and flipping him off!  Oh hell!  how do I sort this out through the window at 70 MPH?  I start shaking my head and making all sorts of apologetic charades and my girlfriend in making it worse by laughing her ass off...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top