Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:52:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:01:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
“Shuba-pie!” said New Orleans resident Willis Babineaux. “Frafer-perly yom kom drabby sham!”

I'm going to have to agree with old Willis on this one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
“Shuba-pie!” said New Orleans resident Willis Babineaux. “Frafer-perly yom kom drabby sham!”

I'm going to have to agree with old Willis on this one.

Fo-Shizzle, yo!

Now W needs to sell California to Mexico for ........

Well, maybe we'll pay them to take it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:06:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Did this come from a "reliable South Florida source"

Did you mean to post this from your troll acct "LAWDOG"

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:10:54 AM EDT
[#6]

“This is indeed a smart move,” commented Fox News analyst Brit Hume. “Not only have we stopped the flooding in our own budget, we’ve made money on the deal. Plus, when the god-awful French are done fixing it up, we can easily invade and take it back again.”

Actually, it is true.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:24:04 AM EDT
[#7]
PISS OFF!!

I was born and raised right outside of New Orleans.  People from Louisiana are some of the most patriotic I have ever seen.

Lets not go and judge the whole state on the behavior of the welfare recipients of Orleans parish.

Unless you guys are joking, then....

PISS OFF, ANYWAY!!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Dupe

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PISS OFF!!

I was born and raised right outside of New Orleans.  People from Louisiana are some of the most patriotic I have ever seen.

Lets not go and judge the whole state on the behavior of the welfare recipients of Orleans parish.

PISS OFF, ANYWAY!!

i report you decide

Let the Phrench have it. I have always found that most cajuns take themselves much too seriously anyway.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
PISS OFF!!

PISS OFF, ANYWAY!!

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#14]
If France aquires Louisanna, the median IQ of the French citizen will double
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well, if they insist on speaking Phrench after nearly 200 years, I think that their heart was never really in the 'USA' thing....

no one down here really speaks french. why the rest of the country and the world think that we do is beyond me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
People from Louisiana are some of the most patriotic I have ever seen.

www.neworleanscvb.com/images/db/static/streetscene.jpg
French Quarter Alley with Flags

www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/553/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

vito, i'm sure you'd never see a flag of another country in any other city right? There are french flags, spanish flags, confederate flags, louisiana flags, NOLA flags, USA flags, etc, all over town.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#17]
First... I do not think the French would be stupid enough to want it back!

Second... if they did, the best thing they could do is declare war on the USA.  In true French fashion... immediately surrender.

The bad part... they would sue for repairation,  and in true USA fashion we would pay out.

The good part would be that there would be some C&R weapons available.  French rifles.  Never fired and only dropped once!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
First... I do not think the French would be stupid enough to want it back!

Second... if they did, the best thing they could do is declare war on the USA.  In true French fashion... immediately surrender.

The bad part... they would sue for repairation,  and in true USA fashion we would pay out.

The good part would be that there would be some C&R weapons available.  French rifles.  Never fired and only dropped oncetwice, once in each world war.  White flag still attached!

More detail added.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Cool!

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulet !

Eric The(Gumbeaux)Hun
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#21]
France has enough trouble with North African immigrants living off the dole right now.

Why would they want more leeches?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, if they insist on speaking Phrench after nearly 200 years, I think that their heart was never really in the 'USA' thing....

no one down here really speaks french. why the rest of the country and the world think that we do is beyond me.

Nobody in New Orleans really speaks english either. What's your point?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Fed Gov doesn't have that authority anyways.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#26]
It's already been said, but it bears repeating:

Piss off!

Anyway, the NO accent is closest to a mild Brooklyn accent, as far as I've been able to place it... and in all the time I ever spent in NO, I never heard anybody speaking French or Creole, just Spanish, Chinese, and English.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fed Gov doesn't have that authority anyways.

Huh?  They bought it in the firdt place, surely they can sell it back to the Phroggies....

ANdy

They've either given or sold it since then to various State governments or individuals.

You can't sell what you don't own.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must not live in South Louisiana then .  It's not hard to find people that speak
Cajun French anywhere South of I-10 .  

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Tell that to all those Mothers that lost their sons over there . A lot of them were ours .
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Well I guess the first thing that will happen after the sale is all the oil and gas off the coast of LA will belong to the French. Then you will be glad to ship all the grain for export from the midwest to either the west coast or the east coast.(You do not want to use that french port of New Orleans.) Did I mention all the oil refiners in LA? I know that FL would love to have all that off shore oil production and oil refineries to do their part in the energy crisis. But wait FL will not allow drilling in the Feds waters off their coast. Like I said before 30 miles to the west and I know how my brothers from ar15.com will be thinking of me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I can think of a few other states we could stand to lose
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell that to all those Mothers that lost their sons over there . A lot of them were ours .

Lighten up Phrancis, we're only joking with you guys!

ANdy

I know . I was just in a bad mood at the time .
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must not live in South Louisiana then .  It's not hard to find people that speak
Cajun French anywhere South of I-10 .  

I do live south of I10
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I used to travel extensively in South Louisiana . I heard many people , young and old , speaking Cajun French . I know that Louisiana is stereotyped about a lot of things .  Some of them we should
be proud of .
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
PISS OFF!!

PISS OFF, ANYWAY!!

i report you decide

Let the Phrench have it. I have always found that most cajuns take themselves much too seriously anyway.

'brace mon t'choo

Louisiana is one of the most important states in this country.  Oil, salt, river ports, refineries, seafood, tourism.  If the French got the original Louisiana, 1/4 of this country would be gone.

I take the story for what it is, but I'm getting kind of tired of the Louisiana bashing.  Let's go back to picking on fags.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
'brace mon t'choo

Louisiana is one of the most important states in this country.  Oil, salt, river ports, refineries, seafood, tourism.  If the French got the original Louisiana, 1/4 of this country would be gone.

I take the story for what it is, but I'm getting kind of tired of the Louisiana bashing. Let's go back to picking on fags.

There's a difference????
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
'brace mon t'choo

I take the story for what it is, but I'm getting kind of tired of the Louisiana bashing. Let's go back to picking on fags.

There's a difference????

There are two kinds of people in this world.  Cajuns and assholes.  Ou tu rester?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Good one my brother .    
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
'brace mon t'choo

There's a difference????

There are two kinds of people in this world.  Cajuns and assholes.  Ou tu rester?

Well, it is probably better to be an asshole than a cajun, huh.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#43]
The French can keep NOLA.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
'brace mon t'choo

There's a difference????

I know what it's like to be a Cajun .  You'll have to give us the asshole perspective .
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#45]
But I dont want to be french.  This sucks.

Okay, I surrender.

Boy that was easier than I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#46]

uhhhh ,  yeah .  That one blew right past me .
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Are they going to take back the welfare refugees scattered out everywhere?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
'brace mon t'choo

There's a difference????

I know what it's like to be a Cajun .  You'll have to give us the asshole perspective .

I figured you could give us both perspectives.

Lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
'brace mon t'choo

There's a difference????

I figured you could give us both perspectives.

Lighten up, Francis.

Hey , you started it .   ( And I CAN give you both perspectives )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top