Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:01:02 AM EDT
Wal-Mart Under Fire Over Contraception

Three Massachusetts women backed by abortion rights groups are suing Wal-Mart. They say the retail giant violated Massachusetts law by failing to stock emergency contraception pills in its’ pharmacies.

The suit seeks an order compelling Wal-Mart to stock the so-called "morning after pill," in its 44 Massachusetts pharmacies.

A Massachusetts law that took effect late last year requires all hospitals to provide the morning after pill to rape victims. It also allows pharmacists to dispense the pill without a prescription, but does not require it.

The suit argues Wal-Mart is violating a provision of the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Law that requires pharmacies to provide all "commonly prescribed medicines."

Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sarah Clark says Wal-Mart doesn't stock the morning after pill for "business reasons," but she declined to elaborate.

Some abortion opponents believe emergency contraception is a form of abortion because it blocks the fertilized egg from being implanted on the uterine wall.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Wal-Mart Under Fire Over Contraception

Three Massachusetts women backed by abortion rights groups are suing Wal-Mart. They say the retail giant violated Massachusetts law by failing to stock emergency contraception pills in its’ pharmacies.

The suit seeks an order compelling Wal-Mart to stock the so-called "morning after pill," in its 44 Massachusetts pharmacies.

A Massachusetts law that took effect late last year requires all hospitals to provide the morning after pill to rape victims. It also allows pharmacists to dispense the pill without a prescription, but does not require it.

The FDA has still not allowed the non-prescription sale of Plan B.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:06:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't they make the morning after pill in China?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:11:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Good for Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Irrespective of my position on abortion, if Wal-Mart (a private company) decides it doesn't want to stock a product, then the ladies in question, the NOW gang, and the MA legislature can all go finger-fuck each other behind the dumpster.

Besides, the ladies can go get their responsibility-purger-in-a-bottle at any number of other places, so it's not like they're having their precious "right" to off their child infringed upon.

Besides, WTF are these liberal idiots doing shopping at Wal-Mart? I thought Wal-Mart was the focus of evil in the modern world, second only to the military and George Bush?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:34:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, I’ve got a Constitutional right to own firearms. But Target refuses to even carry shooting supplies, much less actual firearms.

Lets all sue target for not carrying guns. Same principle, isn’t it?

Dang hippies. A private business ought to be able to sell or not sell whatever product it feels like. If someone won’t sell firearms on moral grounds that’s their right, just like it’s the right of a business not to sell baby killing supplies for moral reasons.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey, I’ve got a Constitutional right to own firearms. But Target refuses to even carry shooting supplies, much less actual firearms.

Lets all sue target for not carrying guns. Same principle, isn’t it?

Dang hippies. A private business ought to be able to sell or not sell whatever product it feels like. If someone won’t sell firearms on moral grounds that’s their right, just like it’s the right of a business not to sell baby killing supplies for moral reasons.

Possibly the best summation I've seen of this issue.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well, a while ago, my Gastroenterologist gave me a script, and Walmart couldn't fill it because they're distributor didn't carry that particular drug anymore.  Oh well.  What about my rights!?  And what about the rights of those with Chrons Disease everywhere dammit!?

Anyhow, they worked something out with my doctor, and gave me another drug... abit more powerful, but very similar in nature.  

From what the pharmacy tells me, Walmart stores go through a single distributor for all their drugs.  Sometimes that distributor doesn't carry certain drugs, like mine, for whatever reason.  It may not be Walmart's decision not to carry that drug, they just don't have a choice.  They can't pick and choose, well, I'll take this drug from you, and this one from you.

As for not stocking the day after pill.  I got a new drug that you can get over the counter that's right next to the pharmacy.  Its called the freaking condom, and they come in many different styles.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
As for not stocking the day after pill.  I got a new drug that you can get over the counter that's right next to the pharmacy.  Its called the freaking condom, and they come in many different styles.

That's a pretty foolish arguement.  Condoms are nowhere near as effective as oral contraception, whether taken regularly or the morning after pill.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[That's a pretty foolish arguement.  Condoms are nowhere near as effective as oral contraception, whether taken regularly or the morning after pill.

You're talkin about blow jobs right?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Irrespective of my position on abortion, if Wal-Mart (a private company) decides it doesn't want to stock a product, then the ladies in question, the NOW gang, and the MA legislature can all go finger-fuck each other behind the dumpster.

Besides, the ladies can go get their responsibility-purger-in-a-bottle at any number of other places, so it's not like they're having their precious "right" to off their child infringed upon.

Besides, WTF are these liberal idiots doing shopping at Wal-Mart? I thought Wal-Mart was the focus of evil in the modern world, second only to the military and George Bush?

ALL pharmacies are PRIVATE, Zaph! And all the pharmacies (at least here and in RI) are under TREMENDOUS PRESSURE to NOT SELL THIS DRUG by the anti-abortion crowd.

I'm amazed by the furor, personally. Bottom line, this pill acts NO DIFFERENTLY than the BIRTH CONTROL PILL.
If they carry the BCP, then they can grow a freaken pair and carry the full line of reproductive meds or get the hell out of the pharmacy business and sell hunting gear exclusively.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a pretty foolish arguement.  Condoms are nowhere near as effective as oral contraception, whether taken regularly or the morning after pill.

Not only that, it's hard for girls to make rapists wear condoms.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

ALL pharmacies are PRIVATE, Zaph! And all the pharmacies (at least here and in RI) are under TREMENDOUS PRESSURE to NOT SELL THIS DRUG by the anti-abortion crowd.

I'm amazed by the furor, personally. Bottom line, this pill acts NO DIFFERENTLY than the BIRTH CONTROL PILL.
If they carry the BCP, then they can grow a freaken pair and carry the full line of reproductive meds or get the hell out of the pharmacy business and sell hunting gear exclusively.

Well, if all pharmacies are private, how does it affect my stance?

If Wal-Mart doesn't want to carry the BCP, or the MAP, or one and not the other, REGARDLESS OF REASON, who is the legislature, the sluts in question, or the NOW gang to tell them they HAVE to?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Is rape so common that we must stock this stuff in every pharmacy in the country?

Why not sell rape evidence kits on the next rack over, and ski masks and knives on the next rack?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:17:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's true.  I was being very narrow in my view of who the actual user of the drug was.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if all pharmacies are private, how does it affect my stance?

If Wal-Mart doesn't want to carry the BCP, or the MAP, or one and not the other, REGARDLESS OF REASON, who is the legislature, the sluts in question, or the NOW gang to tell them they HAVE to?

SLUTS???
Good GOD ALFREAKENMIGHTY.
This is a drug that has been approved by the FDA. Pharmacies have the obligation to provide what is prescribed by an MD. THAT IS THEIR LINE OF WORK.
Don't like it? GET OUTTA LINE.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's true.  I was being very narrow in my view of who the actual user of the drug was.

Thank you both.
For making sense in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is rape so common that we must stock this stuff in every pharmacy in the country?

Why not sell rape evidence kits on the next rack over, and ski masks and knives on the next rack?

If a place wants to be a pharmacy they need to be a pharmacy and not half-ass it.  What if there is no other pharmacy within a reasonable distance? What happens if a pharmacy has moral objection to stocking some medicine used by fat people because they think gluttony is a sin?  This isn't just about the abortion hot button issue.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A woman is raped every 7 seconds.
I'd say that's pretty common.
In the time it took me to respond to this, 2 women were raped.
Thank God you were not related to them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

SLUTS???
Good GOD ALFREAKENMIGHTY.
This is a drug that has been approved by the FDA. Pharmacies have the obligation to provide what is prescribed by an MD. THAT IS THEIR LINE OF WORK.
Don't like it? GET OUTTA LINE.

YES! SLUTS!

Do you think these three women, who are SO incensed at not being able to flush their child down a sink because heaven only knows who the father is, or because the condom broke, or because one wasn't used, or any other of a MILLION reasons they may have to ditch their responsibilities, are anything BUT sluts?

"Oh! What if they were raped?" I hear you cry.

THEN THEY SHOULD BE IN A FUCKING HOSPITAL OR POLICE STATION, NOT A WAL-MART!

Besides: WANT IT? GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Then let's sell it in candy machines then. Put it next to the Tick-Tacs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If a place wants to be a pharmacy they need to be a pharmacy and not half-ass it.  What if there is no other pharmacy within a reasonable distance? What happens if a pharmacy has moral objection to stocking some medicine used by fat people because they think gluttony is a sin?  This isn't just about the abortion hot button issue.

If a hospital want to be a hospital, then they need to be a hospital and not half-ass it.

What if there is no other hospital within a reasonable distance? What happens if a hospital has a financial restriction to having a trauma unit? This isn't just about the financial hot button issue.

You see?

Just because YOU think a place should carry something YOU think they should carry, doesn't mean THEY HAVE TO.

ETA: Besides, I ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that Planned "Parenthood" would just LOVE to stock this shit and reap all the profits it would entail. All they need to do is grab an RV, paint "Planned Parenthood - You rape 'em, we scrape 'em" in big red letters on the side, and park across the street. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
[

They go to the hospital and the doctor does the rape kit and prescribes them the morning after pill so they don't get pregnant with fuckwad's baby.  Then lo and behold they are slapped in the face to hear that Walmart disagrees with their choice not to get impregnated by Mr. Rapist and they can't have their prescription.

And if they can't? If all the other pharmacies are acting the same way Walmart is?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:30:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

They go to the hospital and the doctor does the rape kit and prescribes them the morning after pill so they don't get pregnant with fuckwad's baby.  Then lo and behold they are slapped in the face to hear that Walmart disagrees with their choice not to get impregnated by Mr. Rapist and they can't have their prescription.

And if they can't? If all the other pharmacies are acting the same way Walmart is?

WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

They can actually get it AT THE HOSPITAL, maybe? Good grief! Doesn't the HOSPITAL have a pharmacy? Can't they stock a bottle or two of this shit for rape cases?

Oh, NO! It's SO much easier and AMERICAN to FORCE a PRIVATE enterprise to carry something they don't want to carry, right?

As for "everyone behaving like Wal-Mart", see my post above. I'm sure PP and NOW would LOVE a new revenue stream. If the market is so replete with customers, I'm sure they'll provide the supply.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Not everyone lives in a dense urban area and if they are in a rural Bible Belt place then chances are that the pharmacists are going to be this way.  This form of 'protest' is spreading like wildfire among so-called Christians.

This is nothing new, if you want to go into certain businesses you have to abide by the law.  Just like a doctor can't leave you bleeding to die because he thinks you're 'immoral', a pharmacist should have no discretion over dispensing a legal prescription.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

What an idiotic argument.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:36:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

What if you went into an emergency room and they told you to go find another one because they disagree with whatever you did to get yourself in there?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Not everyone lives in a dense urban area and if they are in a rural Bible Belt place then chances are that the pharmacists are going to be this way.  This form of 'protest' is spreading like wildfire among so-called Christians.

This is nothing new, if you want to go into certain businesses you have to abide by the law.  Just like a doctor can't leave you bleeding to die because he thinks you're 'immoral', a pharmacist should have no discretion over dispensing a legal prescription.

Stupid comparison. One is an immediate life-and-death matter. The other is a matter of convenience.

If rapes are your concern, then the local medical center or government-run rape crisis center can stock them.

You know, Wal-Mart doesn't stock Bass Pale Ale. I'm being descriminated against. I demand that they carry it, and I'm going to sue. Bass Pale Ale is critical to my health and I can get a doctor to attest to it in writing.

I wonder if I can get the ACLU to help?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

What if you went into an emergency room and they told you to go find another one because they disagree with whatever you did to get yourself in there?

Comparing a life-threatening situation to a life-convenience one is specious at best.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:39:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I would hardly say that getting raped and needing an emergency contraceptive is 'convenient'.

I feel sorry for any woman that might have to rely on you for support if she got raped.  She'd probably kill herself.  You guys are total assholes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

NEWSFLASH: A Pharmacy is not an EMERGENCY ROOM.

So tell me..... If some poor man has to take some extremely rare and expensive medicine to stay alive, and 99% of pharmacies don't carry it because only the one man needs it, should he be able to sue that 99% because his Constitutional right to travel is in jeopardy? What if he loses his drug bottle 2000 miles from the nearest carrier?

Are you telling me ALL pharm,acies should carry it, "just in case"?

Do you seriously think that pharmacies carry EVERY FDA-approved drug?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I would hardly say that getting raped and needing an emergency contraceptive is 'convenient'.

I feel sorry for any woman that might have to rely on you for support if she got raped.  She'd probably kill herself.  You guys are total assholes.

Rape is really a red herring is this argument. Do you have any statistics that speak of what percentage of abortions/day after scripts are due to rape? I have some if you don't.

ETA: This is a classic emotional argument. Appeal to the emotions, rather than to reason. "You are just a cruel meanie if you don't agree with me." Grow up. You sound like you are about 20 years old and have yet to learn that life is hard.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Zaphod wins.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

We're not talking about rape. YOU are. I'm not even saying the MAP should be illegal.

We're talking about your apparent belief that the .gov should be able to MANDATE what a PRIVATE BUSINESS choses to sell, simply becaue of what YOU think MIGHT happen.

As for rapists, I believe they should be shot on sight. If we called it "Retroactive Abortion", then I'm sure the Libs would be all for it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zaphod wins.

Thanks!

I think the fact that it was your post #91 is a good omen!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So tell me..... If some poor man has to take some extremely rare and expensive medicine to stay alive, and 99% of pharmacies don't carry it because only the one man needs it, should he be able to sue that 99% because his Constitutional right to travel is in jeopardy? What if he loses his drug bottle 2000 miles from the nearest carrier?

NEWSFLASH: People in the medical profession do not have the privelege of denying their services because they think their patients did something wrong.

If a pharmacy simply doesn't have it in stock that's one thing, but if they are refusing to stock or dispense it because they have some moral issue then there's a real problem.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#36]
You guys crack me up. If men got pregnant the morning after pill would be available without prescription at your local 7-11.  

If the MA Legislature mandated that every store selling sporting goods was required to stock and sell ammunition and Wal*Mart refused you guys would be calling for a boycott.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then let's sell it in candy machines then. Put it next to the Tick-Tacs.

Nah...let's just put it right next to Viagra.

THAT would be more fitting, no?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

NEWSFLASH: People in the medical profession do not have the privelege of denying their services because they think their patients did something wrong.

If a pharmacy simply doesn't have it in stock that's one thing, but if they are refusing to stock or dispense it because they have some moral issue then there's a real problem.

Based on what? Where is the mandate?

Should all pharmacies stock viagra, even those where it doesn't sell, just in case?

Again, we are not talking about a public venue, or an immediate life-threatening case. They should not be required to stock something they don't want to stock.

Just as a doctor should not be forced to perform an abortion simply because the woman wants one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No...but do they carry the pill? If so, they are already killing babies. Ands they know it.
Go protest...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Nah...let's just put it right next to Viagra.

THAT would be more fitting, no?

I don't care if a pharmacy chooses not to carry Viagra, either. Their call.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#41]
It may not be life-threatening but it is an emergency situation since it has to be taken soon.  Hey if all hospitals would stock it we wouldn't be having this issue but the problem of women having difficulty getting the prescription filled afterward is real.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

No...but do they carry the pill? If so, they are already killing babies. Ands they know it.
Go protest...

You aren't following me.

I'm not arguing whether their decision makes sense in light of other things they carry. I'm not saying the MAP and the BCP are any different.

All I am saying is that the .gov has NO RIGHT to MANDATE what a private business can carry.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
It may not be life-threatening but it is an emergency situation since it has to be taken soon.  Hey if all hospitals would stock it we wouldn't be having this issue but the problem of women having difficulty getting the prescription filled afterward is real.

So why aren't you and them and NOW whining about the HOSPITALS? Why not force THEM to carry it, where its administration can be assured and monitored, and not forgotten later? If it's so time-critical, WHY WAIT?

HMMMMMMMM?

Oh, that's right! It's because we're discussing WAL-MART!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go protest...

You aren't following me.

I'm not arguing whether their decision makes sense in light of other things they carry. I'm not saying the MAP and the BCP are any different.

All I am saying is that the .gov has NO RIGHT to MANDATE what a private business can carry.

Zaph, let's say one of these WOMEN (notice I did not call them "sluts") is raped and her med plan's pharmacy is Walmart and she can only go there for her meds, but they don't carry this pill.
Now What?
We wait until the fertilized egg becomes a fetus and abort it?

Makes absolutely no sense.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So why aren't you and them and NOW whining about the HOSPITALS? Why not force THEM to carry it, where its administration can be assured and monitored, and not forgotten later? If it's so time-critical, WHY WAIT?

HMMMMMMMM?

Oh, that's right! It's because we're discussing WAL-MART!

They ought to carry it IMO.  And no I am generally very pro-Walmart but I take issue with all pharmacies that do this.  This happened locally to a girl and it's very disturbing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Zaph, let's say one of these WOMEN (notice I did not call them "sluts") is raped and her med plan's pharmacy is Walmart and she can only go there for her meds, but they don't carry this pill.
Now What?
We wait until the fertilized egg becomes a fetus and abort it?

Makes absolutely no sense.

If Wal-Mart makes it clear thet they don't carry that particular drug, then the plan would have to have an alternate, wouldn't it?

If the plan didn't want to have an alternate, they could use CVS, or Eckerd, or Publix, or Walgreens, or.....

You see? You cannot tell me that forcing a business to sell something it chooses not to (regardless of reason) is the right thing to do, especially since Wal-Mart does not have anything even remotely resembling a monopoly.

Also, my "sluts" comment has always been limited to the three tramps who are suing Wal-Mart, not some poor woman who's been raped.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
They ought to carry it IMO.  And no I am generally very pro-Walmart but I take issue with all pharmacies that do this.  This happened locally to a girl and it's very disturbing.

What? There's only ONE pharmacy in the entire region? She couldn't go ANYWHERE else? The doctor who prescribed it, KNOWING that the local pharmacy doesn't carry it (because, you know, he should know these things), didn't have any?

Where the hell do you live? Siberia?

ETA: Ah! Texas!

I live in Laredo, which MUST be the absolute asshole of Texas. I can stand in one place here and see no fewer than 4 pharmacies, INCLUDING Wal-Mart. Where are you?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

If Wal-Mart makes it clear thet they don't carry that particular drug, then the plan would have to have an alternate, wouldn't it?

No...I mean...who would be responsible to MANDATE it???

If the plan didn't want to have an alternate, they could use CVS, or Eckerd, or Publix, or Walgreens, or.....

All of whom are caving right now...AND to make matters worse, if they do carry it and the pharm tech CHOOSES not to dispense it based upon PERSONAL convictions, THEY DON'T HAVE TO!
WTF????

You see? You cannot tell me that forcing a business to sell something it chooses not to (regardless of reason) is the right thing to do, especially since Wal-Mart does not have anything even remotely resembling a monopoly.

Not saying it is, but health care does have its rules: if a patient needs immediate care and cannot pay, a hospital CANNOT turn them away. Same principle. If the pill does not get administered during the most effective time, we're talking lack of immediate care.

Also, my "sluts" comment has always been limited to the three tramps who are suing Wal-Mart, not some poor woman who's been raped.

Those "sluts" provide the voice for those too timid to speak for themselves. May as well add me to the slut list, Zaph.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I didn't say she never got the prescription filled, just that she had to get denied first.  The pharmacist got fired as he should have though, because they DID have it in stock but he denied company policy and didn't give it to her.  Conservatives are trying to change these laws to dictate company policy though and the anti-abortionists have NO problem with that at all.

Anyways, I can see both sides of the argument regarding the government making pharmacies carry all drugs.  My concern is that in some areas where this 'moral issue' is prevalent there may be no place at all to get it and I think that is against the ethics of medicine to deny a patient treatment.  Yes I think some women are irresponsible about this kind of thing but I look at it from the true victim's point of view, ie the rape victim and not the girl who gets around the block.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I didn't say she never got the prescription filled, just that she had to get denied first.  The pharmacist got fired as he should have though, because they DID have it in stock but he denied company policy and didn't give it to her.

Anyways, I can see both sides of the argument regarding the government making pharmacies carry all drugs.  My concern is that in some areas where this 'moral issue' is prevalent there may be no place at all to get it and I think that is against the ethics of medicine to deny a patient treatment.  Yes I think some women are irresponsible about this kind of thing but I look at it from the true victim's point of view, ie the rape victim and not the girl who gets around the block.

PRECISELY!!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top