Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 4:55:53 AM EDT
I have a chance to pick up some Canadian MREs ,Has anyone tried them? these are dated 1999, What did you think of them or should I just pass.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:58:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
i've had 'em and i think they're better than ours. hate the frenchie writing on them, though...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
supposed to be better tasting but lower calorie than ours. Word is that they have more water (or ppossibly the right amount of water depending on how you look at it) than American MRE's. Funny thing is that some of the entrees are packed by the same companies that pack our food!

Fuck all that shit, you don't want IMP's or MRE's-you want MCW's or CWR's..... Those are freeze dried and hydrated rations taste like a metric assload of spilt fuck in comparison.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
They have real bread that isn't that bad.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:17:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a chance to pick up some Canadian MREs

Molsen in a paper bag?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:22:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Military (Government  MRE's) are usually only good for 4-5 years.  I have two cases from Hurricane Dennis here and that is what the expiration is like 4 years.  I won't buy them...to old!  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a chance to pick up some Canadian MREs

Molsen in a paper bag?

Case of MREs:

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#8]
They're great!  I buy them whenever I can find them for $4 or less, which is almost never.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:53:42 AM EDT
[#9]
gojoe: how much? What is the cost of shipping?

1999 production? That is 6-7 years old.  I bet someone is getting rid of them because they are nearing the expiration date.

Are you using it as part of your emergency survival rations or you going to eat them in the next few months?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I have... when I did I wished we had them. They were like boil-in-bag meals. The might have been some special artic Canadian MRE's though... but whatever they were, they were the bomb.

On a side note, they had peanut butter in a tube. That was the first time I had seen peanut butter in a tube... like a toothpaste tube.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#12]
a friend in Canada asked me if I wanted a couple of cases he had, the cost nothing, I just have to drive 40 miles to get them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Sweet

we should start a swap on AR15.com where if a person gets alot from other origins. Maybe it can be sold per meal so everyone in the group thats interested can try it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top