Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 3:18:39 AM EDT
OK guys, I'll admit, I've been a bit of a shithead the past few days. I've been pretty pissed that I want another 1911, of the higher end. I've been looking at models up to and over a grand. I have determined that there's just no way for me to beg, steal or borrow the cash for it. Trust me, I've tried. I'd rob from Peter and write a bad check to Paul if I had to to get this thing, but it just isn't working out. Because of all this, I've just been plain shitty. Well, I tell myself that I don't have it so bad, and to quit being a bitch over it, but sitting here in my own little world, that's tough to see. I mean, if I were to be arrested right now, the newspaper would certainly accuse me of having an arsenal.

So, in the spirit of "get glad in the same pants you got made in," tell me, how bad do you have it right now?  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:27:26 AM EDT
[#1]
well I certainly cannot afford a >$1k 1911.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Im somewhere between Sam Walton's hiers and a street kid in Botswana.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:29:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:31:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just paid over a thousand dollars in bills?
The bright side is that I still have money left over.

Yeah, my wifey handles the  bills, I almost crapped when I first found out it costs us like $1500 a month just to live.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:36:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Head's above water, saving for a house. Bought a bike this year with cash, buncha guns, toys etc. Worked a lot of overtime, hardly got to ride the bike or shoot the toys....

But you know what? I enjoyed the hell out of them when I did get to play with them in a way that I never could when it was all bought on credit and I was too STOOPID to live within my means.

You'll get your 1911, probably sooner than later. If you don't, it's because you didn't quite want it bad enough. This is America, you can go as far as your will takes you.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you don't, it's because you didn't quite want it bad enough. Dave

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:40:26 AM EDT
[#8]
A tree almost fell on my 67 Chevelle and my friends 70 Chevelle and took most of my money I had set aside for toys to remove the bastard, my job screwed me by putting the wrong amount of deductions on my taxes and now with all the tricks I could pull I will still owe at least $1500, add all that to a shitty pay period where my check was about $1000 dollars less than normal and you get one pissy UH_SALT_RIFLE.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:43:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, my wifey handles the  bills, I almost crapped when I first found out it costs us like $1500 a month just to live.

lucky bastage..pay almost that for daycare alone....and THATS why I have no spare $$$
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lucky bastage..pay almost that for daycare alone....and THATS why I have no spare $$$

I'd be  on welfare If it costed me an additional $1500.  I  need  a raise, that and the wife needs to finiish school.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You better get a handle on this right away or you will have zero control on where and how your money is spent.

vailla_*
I'm in the same boat, except I'm wondering whether to trade one 1911 up for a truly exceptional Ed Brown or similar gun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:53:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

vailla_*
I'm in the same boat, except I'm wondering whether to trade one 1911 up for a truly exceptional Ed Brown or similar gun.

... Cash out some of the stock
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:56:49 AM EDT
[#13]
house 1200 /mo
daycare 1200/month
cars 700/mo
food- dunno 300?/mo
heat/water/garbage etc. 350/mo
phone/dsl/satellite 90/mo
insurance BS 100/mo

i'd beter stop- getting depressed.
and we are below average around here for this crap
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:01:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I havent had a raise or a bonus in 5 years and I have been with the company for 9 years. I live in my parents basement with my GF. We still cant affors a piss ants wrasteling jacket.  We just found out the folks are moving to Tennesee so we have to move out in a month.

On the upside though I havent had to sell any guns or ammo (yet) to pay for anything. After we buy a house (its cheaper than renting) I will have no budget for any guns or ammo for a few years. Yes I am looking for another job as soon as we get the house (town house actually).

ETA: The poor job thing is all my fault. So the really shitty part of that is I have no one to blame but my self.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:16:11 AM EDT
[#15]
My wife is remodeling the kitchen.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I work 30 + hours a week, while attending school full time.. while still continue to be active in Boy Scouts, Karate, Civil Air Patrol, German School...

I be lackin a social life.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#17]
95% disposable income.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:45:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I am disposing about 95% of my income to bills.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:51:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Holy crap I didn't realize that day care was so damn expensive!  How can anyone afford that?  
I haven't bought a gun in awhile but I am picking up a Springfield Champion this weekend, it is used but I got a good deal on it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm in the military (E4), so enough said. I have my eye on a Kimber Grand Raptor, but it would take 4-5 months to save up enough for it, and I don't want to sell my p-dog shooter to help pay for it (but I would if I wanted it bad enough).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#21]
I making half the hourly wage I made a year ago after getting laid off. Had to put the wife to work to make it by. Not complaining, but we’ve had it better.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:08:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
OK guys, I'll admit, I've been a bit of a shithead the past few days. I've been pretty pissed that I want another 1911, of the higher end. I've been looking at models up to and over a grand. I have determined that there's just no way for me to beg, steal or borrow the cash for it. Trust me, I've tried. I'd rob from Peter and write a bad check to Paul if I had to to get this thing, but it just isn't working out. Because of all this, I've just been plain shitty. Well, I tell myself that I don't have it so bad, and to quit being a bitch over it, but sitting here in my own little world, that's tough to see. I mean, if I were to be arrested right now, the newspaper would certainly accuse me of having an arsenal.

So, in the spirit of "get glad in the same pants you got made in," tell me, how bad do you have it right now?  

Do you remember my "I want this truck" thread ? When I relized that I wasn't going to get it,after I tried everything I could to get it. I didn't feel so bad . There are more trucks out there.
There will be high end 1911s out there when you have the money saved up.
I had it for that truck pretty damn bad though. The same thing happened with a 69' Satellite about a year or so ago.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:09:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I am living on Social Security, thanks to two females who couldn't drive.  However, we are holding our own, thanks to good sense and the grace of God.

Outside of credit card debt, we are in the clear.

the Almighty has indeed been gracious to us.

Ops
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:10:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Me too.

I got this corvette thing going now and it's costing me as well. Once I get the headers on and then the wheels I'll quit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:14:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Hahaha... I live on the out skirts of San Francisco, you know the city by the bay that want to ban my firearms.  And I have thousands of dollars in 1911 pistols, shotguns and rifles.  It does not get any worse then this.    Hahahaaha. How bad can it get?  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:23:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

I got this corvette thing going now and it's costing me as well. Once I get the headers on and then the wheels I'll quit.

Hahaha you know thats BS! Once you start messing with a car you will keep messing. I call mine my second wallet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, I'm contemplating putting off buying tires for the car for another month so I can buy a new Rock River upper for my AR...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:44:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Well, I'm contemplating putting off buying tires for the car for another month so I can buy a new Rock River upper for my AR...

Same boat.  Wanting a new gun BAAADDDD either Sig 226, 1911, new AR or an AK
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same boat.  Wanting a new gun BAAADDDD either Sig 226, 1911, new AR or an AK

I've also vowed to (somehow) have a new Kahr before the summer...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#30]
For the last 7 years or so, I haven't fealt like I had any job security (telecom). Somehow, I survived all the downsizing and now a merger, and it looks pretty good. Currently I'm waiting for an inbound USP 45 Tactical and an AAC Evo 45 can to match (bought for myself for Christmas, but the Tac is backordered).

All things considered, I have nothing to complain about.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#31]

the university just infomred my wife and I that her tuition is not covered by my employee assistance this term.  Surprise, you owe $1k+.  And, she just quit working so she can finish up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:43 AM EDT
[#32]
 My monthly income totals about 600 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm getting a small bonus in about 6 weeks, already plan to buy shitload of mags and finally get those KKM barrels for my glocks so I can shoot lead bullets in them
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Between the Wife and Uncle Sam, I'm so damn broke right now that if it costs a nickle to shit I'd puke
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Hahaha you know thats BS! Once you start messing with a car you will keep messing. I call mine my second wallet.

Hi. My name is Pooby and I have silver car disease.

[group]Hi Pooby![/group]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Hi. My name is Pooby and I have silver car disease.

[group]Hi Pooby![/group]

Man, cars are worse than BRD by far!!  But, I myself find myself getting ready to jump back into cars, albeit at a much more sane level than I was in the past....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm healthy, relatively smart, and have a loving family that is still together.

I have it very good, better than most.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#38]
well, i have a pretty bad cold, and a bit of a toothache... i think i better go campaign to get assisted suicide legalized in NYS before I get any worse.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
well, i have a pretty bad cold, and a bit of a toothache... i think i better go campaign to get assisted suicide legalized in NYS before I get any worse.

I have a cavity on my back tooth up top, I can feel it on the side. My dentist is 1,000 miles away.

I am at school and probably wont see him till June, if not then, Christmas.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#40]

got cancer right before my 26th b-day. i was *barely* getting ends to meet before-hand, job had shitty insurance, and i found out that being an engineer barely pulls enough money to pay the loans for the education i needed to be one.

so yeah, it's going to be about 10 more years before i can begin to start saving money to start my life with...

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#41]
I absolutely have it made.  I have a house, transportation, 3 dogs, 2 good sons, a great wife, and food in the refrigerator/freezer/pantry.  I have it better than MOST people in the whole world.  Oh, and I am going to buy myself 2 new AR lower receivers and an RRA 16" upper with my income tax refund.  How much better could I have it?

I am certainly not rich by any standard, but I am one of the wealthiest men alive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top