Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 2:45:37 AM EDT
Recall about a few months ago we were discussing prepaid cell plans (yes they're shizzot compared to $40-$100/month plans... but no contract and useful for someone who uses their cell phone once in a blue moon).

STi mobile appeared to be very good: no monthly fee, 1 call every 60 days will keep your balance, etc...

They had a rebate going for their cell phones that expired on 1/31/06. Guess what happened on 2/1/06? They started a $3/month service fee.

I had a gut feeling STi would pull something similar to this.
While it's still cheaper than Cingular's Free2Go plan, I'll have to pay $36/year just to keep my account, as opposed to $0/year and just 1 call every 60 days.

I may just keep my Cingular plan ($25/3 months, or basically $100 a year) just because AT&T/Cingular is more stable than STi Mobile.

Anyone else fall for STi's "bait and switch" tactic?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:16:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I just checked there web-site, "ALL FOR JUST TEN CENTS A DAY"
I got another month and a half to go before I get my rebate, by then I'll make up my mind if it's
worth it. The only problem I had was that the phone wouldn't work in the USVI., which is part of
the Sprint network. Called customer service and never got a call back from tech services.
It did work in Miami International though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm trying to find out if I can return my LG phone since it has not passed the 30 day mark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top