Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 7:56:44 PM EDT
I've been wanting a Remington PSS in .308 for years.

However, after living through a federal AWB and a constant barrage of  State AWB's, I can't ever seem to get around to it.

It's always so called AW's that get purchased.

So. Does the VPC make you want mean nasty guns more than the single action army?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had the same conflict with C&R's. Dont let them control you, do as you please.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea.
It's why I've been pouring funds into the absolute best AR I can build, rather than C&Rs.
C&rs are my true passion in the world of firearms, but I figure I need a defensive/offensive arm more in today's world.
Kind of sad actually.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
i'd just like to get as many EBR's and hi-cap mags as i can.  if billary gets into office, she'll probably be pushing for another AWB with feinstein, kennedy, and the other libtards
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
As an MP-5 or a Fom 4 M14 is out of my price range, I’d have to say YES.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the first weapon to be banned somehow is the venerable AK-47. Every news story where some asshole shoots todlers holding baby kittens involves an AK somehow.  I think it is the ultimate Evil Black Rifle. So, I would say that, if you want one, stock up on rifles and parts now. I am concerned that this will be legislated out of existence by preventing the parts from being imported into the US. Parts (e.g., barrels) are getting harder and harder to find.

The second weapon to be potentially banned (or at least restricted) is the Barrett .50 caliber rifle that the 60 Minutes assholes keep talking about. The good news here is that this weapon is made in the US, so you don't have the borders to restrict imports like you do with the AKs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]

It's why I bought this.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#7]
In a sense, yes. While there are many, many factors that go into my decision for what gun I buy next, here are my main criterion (roughly in order of importance):

Note: this gun-buying guide operates under the assumption that I have both the financial means and the personal will to make a particular purchase, and that any candidates for any such purchase will fall within reasonable limits of affordability.

1.) Risk of Bannination/evaporation: for instance, instant priority is given to any guns that are in danger of running out due to a ban (guns affected by the barrel importation ban, for example) or guns that are not going to be produced/etc. anymore (like the Winchester 94 I just bought). The "evaporation" part of this factor also includes rare finds/unusually fantastic deals on guns. It is assumed that if one does not act nearly instantly on an incredibly well-priced firearm that the particular deal in question will "evaporate" soon.

2.) Quality/reliability/durability/etc.: make sure the gun you're buying is worth buying...basically, do your homework thoroughly. This criterion can be ruled null/void if the gun in question is being bought purely for historical/collecting reasons, and not to be shot.

3.) Firearms Diversity: don't buy three Garands when you could get a Garand, a K98, an SKS, and an Enfield for roughly the same price. Also applies to caliber/usefulness situations (i.e., don't have 4 rifles in .30-06 and nothing in .308, etc.).

4.) Usefulness: for example, don't end up owning twenty cool-but-useless rifles and basically nothing good for hunting or defense.

5.) Desire: what does my "gut" tell me that I just "want" the most? This is more of a wild card/tie breaker for when a gun agrees with one deciding factor but disagrees with another. Can overrule all other factors in extreme situations.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I responded to the Columbus AWB by buying a bunch of AR/AK receivers. Did I register them? Nope. Am I going to register them? Absolutely not. BTW...Fuck you Columbus!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:29:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.apt401.com/fn57iom.jpg

It's why I bought this.

Hey, me too!!!! I wanted one anyway, but when I saw on the local news that one was confiscated in a traffic stop, I figured it was time to buy. The best part was when a Sgt. from the PD that confiscated the gun, hung a ballistic vest in the range and demonstrated how this "cop killing" pistol penetrated soft body armor. I knew it was only a matter of time before legislation was introduced to ban it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes.

Prior to the AWB I had almost no interest in an evil black rifle.  As more & more bullshit was piled on the anti's peaked my interest.  

I started with a CETME with wood stocks.  Sorta easing my way into EBR ownership. AR15's seemed a bit expensive at the time so I settled for something else cheaper.  Then I added a couple dozen mags for it & after blastin' over 1000 rds of evil 7.62 Nato ammo I was HOOKED!

Since then I've bought one AR15 for long range shooting, a DPMS Superbull.  The EBR disease has set in fully and I've learned how to assemble my own piece by piece.  Now 6 builds later I'm looking around for something else....

Latest talk is how terrible 50BMG is for me to own

I like the AR50 & figure I'll have to own one.

Keep talkin' Chuckie, I'll have two safes full

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:56:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, their hard work pissed me of so much that when the "AW Ban" was lifted I bought a brand new Rock River AR-15.  And their  ongoing, annoying presence influences me to stock up on bullets whenever the chance presents itself.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:45:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I think they're efforts to Ban all AW's has had a reverse effect. Now everyone is buying them for fear they will be banned again.

Just don't forget to take them boating with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top