Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 6:58:46 PM EDT
I made a compilation of shootings from the US tv show Max X. Feel free to ignore the commentary.
86 megs, folks - right click, save as.

Sorry about the telecine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
2 minutes and 27 seconds in, the start of clip number three, and I have seen: One ND, one finger in a trigger guard when it shouldn't be, one cop get shot by friendly fire, one fleeing felon shot in the back, and at least two people swept by muzzles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
There some pretty good footage of scumbags going to their end!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks more like a compilation of videos trying to make cops look like horrible shots.  The last video... the guy misses what, a dozen times, half of them while the guy is two feet away from him.  Then, he keeps shooting as the guy is unarmed and runs away?  Though, I highly doubt I'd stop shooting as he ran away, after just putting gun to my throat.  I don't blame him.

The First video, they're standing in a circle shooting at a moving vehicle?  Real bright... especially from what looks to be the better trained warrent officers.  No wonder they shot each other.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of training issues in that one. I don't mean to bash cops or anything, if I saw citizens or military types doing it I would take issue just as easily. And no, I don't want to monday morning quarterback. I wouldn't hold a grudge against any of them, I would just address the training issues.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow i just watched the first clip and i saw the problems began at the dismount . Muzzle awareness should be stressed a bit more.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
The Texas State Troopers at the 9 minute mark, the male officer owns that asshole, too bad he didn't hit him when he emptied his mag at him.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Gotta give it to the LEO who got hit with the buckshot .
One shot drop after taking some buckshot =
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Gotta give it to the LEO who got hit with the buckshot .
One shot drop after taking some buckshot =

FIGHT THROUGH!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't assemble this video out of some desire to make cops look bad, or look like bad shots. I just noticed how much shooting footage was on Max X (which I already recorded) and decided to start saving it.

The officer saved by kevlar and the officer hit in the side were clearly in the right mindset. They put well aimed shots onto the target until the threat was abated.

The other officers were behind the curve. The Texas officer really got the jump on the scumbag at the end - I thought for sure the scumbag was dead meat.

The first video was scary, honestly.  That only one officer was wounded was extremely fortunate.

I hope you're able to learn something from these video clips - if this thread "goes negative" I'm going to trash it.

Videos of citizens shooting each other is certainly harder to come by, since we don't walk around with dash cams and radios all day long. I'm sure it would show just as wide a band of talent under fire as this video does. I recently talked to someone who wanted advice on which shotgun to buy for home protection - he wanted one that made a "loud noise". Further questioning showed he wanted a pump so he could rack the slide and scare intruders off. I pointed him to the local NRA PP classes. I hope the instructor can talk sense into him.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#10]
RyJones, its an awesome vid and a good example to watch, sometimes on what to do, sometimes on what not to do. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Somebody needs some serious range time.  If I couldn't hit anything that close I would just quit.  Very sad.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#12]
The last vid was too close for comfort.  Glad the officer survived that brush with death.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Somebody needs some serious range time.  If I couldn't hit anything that close I would just quit.  Very sad.

I don't know that it's range time so much as realistic training. I was talking this video over with a couple NRA trainers and they felt the officers that performed poorly were let down by training. Requiring them to run a box or two of ammo through a sidearm once or twice a year is a great dis-service.

Although I am not really a fan of IPSC-style competition, there is quite a bit to be said for competing. Even IPSC-style competition would give officers an edge in terms of firing under stress.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#14]
tag.....

Good job on this one. Do another one. Or lots of them...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#15]
thanks for sharing.

took it a sec to start but id say that server is getting pretty slammed right now
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#16]
tag.  Can't get it to open up right now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Tag for me too.  Maybe be able to load later
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#18]
best clip was the last one, perfect example of an EXTREMELY deady scenario!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy SMOKES...   86MB !!!

Right click, save target as...

D/L for me sofar is 480k/sec.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#20]
taggage
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Good job on putting together these clips.
Just hard to believe so many bullets flying without hiting there targets.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I just checked - only 600 downloads today. At 88 megs each... 52 gigs today?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#23]
whew, smoking, i'm getting 400kb/s
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
whew, smoking, i'm getting 400kb/s

It's on a very good server
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Not bad....hadn't seen the 1st one before
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top