Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 6:21:55 PM EDT
I mean, first and foremost this site is supposed to be firearms related and more specifically related to the AR-15 platform.

I used to visit and post in other forums and sub-forums like www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3, but seldom go there anymore unless I need to look up a specific answer to a question I have.

GD is great... where else could you discuss flatulence, erectile disfunction and best carry firearm for a Zombie invasion.

I spend waaaaaaaay too much time here.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It is just so full of so many threads that are difficult to masturbate to.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Im surprised there isnt a section for zombie controll
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Look... 3 Homer avatars in  a row!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

We got Denied.  Try again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I like guns but I need to talk about something else once in a while.
and denied again
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Denied again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's MadMardigans fault.

This might call for a "Lets see your Homer Simpson avatar" thread.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]
the GD/off topic area is the most popular section at almost every site...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]
suffering, bad news, draw downs, shtf scenarios, revolutions, teotwaki, end of the world topics and the such attract posters like flies to doodoo...

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I think because ARFCOM so much diverse users, that if you have question about just anything no matter how obscure, someone will know about it or can point you in the right direction.  We've got all kinds expertise from HS students to PhDs and MDs, and everything else in between, plus we've many people outside of the USA.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Because its free and there is always something very interesting going on.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Where else are you going to find out what kind of gun Al Pacino used in "Heat".

By the way, did you know that you can make hamburger out of ground beef?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
the GD/off topic area is the most popular section at almost every site...

yep every forum I am on  the GD/OT is the largest
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think because ARFCOM so much diverse users, that if you have question about just anything no matter how obscure, someone will know about it or can point you in the right direction.  We've got all kinds expertise from HS students to PhDs and MDs, and everything else in between, plus we've many people outside of the USA.

If I have an STD question AR Doc can answer it.
If I need a new fridge Dr Fridge can answer it.

This is a wonderful forum.

Always something that is LOL funny on here.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I started off in the other sections. Infact i avoided GD like the plague . But somehow i got sucked into the blackhole that is GD and i barely go to the other sections because i might miss something big in GD .
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]
damn im getting close to 1000 now that i got sucked in !
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I think I joined the site BECAUSE of general discussion.
Then I found the AR section and thought "hey these black rifles are pretty nifty..."
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I mean, first and foremost this site is supposed to be firearms related and more specifically related to the AR-15 platform.

I used to visit and post in other forums and sub-forums like www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3, but seldom go there anymore unless I need to look up a specific answer to a question I have.

GD is great... where else could you discuss flatulence, erectile disfunction and best carry firearm for a Zombie invasion.

I spend waaaaaaaay too much time here.

Because I get to make asshole remarks and get away with it... and they are on topic !
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Because I am on here sharing my thoughtful and well-reasoned opinions and factoids...  People worship my genius...

I'm also notice the build it yourself board is pretty busy.  That is the board I originally started following until this GD stuff sucked me in.

Now I'm an ARFCOM zombie...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#20]
its the only forum on the site I can post on while drunk and sound intelligent.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I mainly posted in the technical forums when I first started here because there was a ton of stuff I wanted to learn about.

But after a couple of years, I learned most of what I wanted to know, thus the technical forums became kind of stale. And rehashing the same old topics over and over also became stale.

That's why I started spending most of my time in GD. There's always a wide variety of interesting and controversial topics here. And I wouldn't trade GD here for any of the news stations. If you want breaking news, this is the place to be.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Cause everyone likes to taste each others ass.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Because.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, cause it's general.   Duh.

Where else can more-or-less like minded people argue about useless and profoundly important trivia.

In just the last 24 hours, I have read about:

A Cop that shot a military vet for no reason.
A woman that holstered and fired a gun in her cooch.
A gay cop who recruited a violent gay felon from the internet, and allowed him to rape and kill using his     gun and ammo.

I honestly can't decide which is most disturbing, however I'm pretty sure the end-times are at hand.
It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.  I just can't turn away.  

Plus- It is an invaluable resource for opinions and advise.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well, cause it's general.   Duh.

Where else can more-or-less like minded people argue about useless and profoundly important trivia.

In just the last 24 hours, I have read about:

A Cop that shot a military vet for no reason.
A woman that holstered and fired a gun in her cooch.
A gay cop who recruited a violent gay felon from the internet, and allowed him to rape and kill using his     gun and ammo.

I honestly can't decide which is most disturbing, however I'm pretty sure the end-times are at hand.
It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.  I just can't turn away.  

Plus- It is an invaluable resource for opinions and advise.

That does some it up pretty well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Because we all like guns, but you can only BS about them so much.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Hive Mind
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Because I'm an attention whore and XDBACKUPGUN fulfills all my needs.

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Reading this forum is like the essence of reading hundreds of newspapers.  We even have people that had first hand experience.  I remember very vividly even to this day, I was riveted to this forum for hours on end on the 9/11/01 WTC/Pentagon Attack, and the when the levies failed in NOLA, I saw it first here, when none of the national news websites even mentioned it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top