Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 5:45:32 PM EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Members familiar with this? I work in Pa. as an Electronic Repairman in a very heavy industrial plant.
Two weeks ago the time clocks were all relocated to a place outside of the various departmental locker rooms.
I work 7a-3p shift. With my employers new "pay to the minute policy" I first must "don" into my Employer provided fire resistant arc-flash uniform and then clock in, ready to work, no earlier than 6:55 and no later than 7:00.
At the end of my shift I cannot clock out earlier than 3:00 and no later than 3:05, Before I am permitted to "doff" my required safety clothing.
Tum vs Barber seems very clear in its ruling that I should clock in and be paid to put on Company provided safety gear: Likewise, I should be paid to change from provided clothing 'till I clock out.
Correct?
And, what about walking time? It takes ten minutes for me to get from the parking lot to my locker area, any info on being paid for this? The time clocks were at an area near the parking lot 'till they were moved. Prioir to the pay-to-minute policy, I could punch in from 6:31-till 7:00, but was not being paid 'till 7:00. Thanks for reading this long post.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Case law is Tum vs. Barber.
And I am employed in a non-union shop.
Thanks for any info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top