Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 3:44:44 PM EDT
Let's go back to 2001. After the attack on us we HAD to kick someones ass. That was Afganistan. Now lets imagine you are President Bush what would you have done next?

Secure our border with Mexico

or

Liberate Iraq/War on Terror.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You're
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
dupe

already a topic with a poll on this.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You're

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Both ! Type of warfare we are involved in requires a country with a secure perimeter . Its like an open door for haji .  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=433096
Delta
Uniform
Papa
Echo

And thank you. But not the same question or choices.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Delta
Uniform
Papa
Echo

And thank you.

You're quite welcome.

India
Bravo
Tango
Lima
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Gee, you don't like President Bush.  Whoopee fucking doo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You are making ASSumptions. I like like Bush.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure you do.  That's why you started a thread that will result in much Bush bashing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure you do.  That's why you started a thread that will result in much Bush bashing.

I voted for him twice but I think he should have took care of our border problem first. I think the majority of America feels the same way.

I give him a 8 out of 10 rating.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Board moving slow. Delete double post.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Border needs a 50ft wide mout then a huge 30 ft wall armed with machine gun nests, that should do the trick
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Border needs a 50ft wide mout then a huge 30 ft wall armed with machine gun nests, that should do the trick

Sounds about right to me.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

We don't need all that. All we need is....................................CHUCK NORRIS! 1337!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I would misunderestimate my nookyouler strategery.

If I were Pres. Bush, I would have done a lot of things differently.  But just for this issue, my "coin" would have flipped to the side of a bigassed wall along all points that didnt have a Port of Entry with armed border guards and the cooperation (and training exercises) of the border states's National Guard units through binding agreements with the governors.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm sure there are some really hot Secret Service chicks around that I would start humping the White House hallways.
I would probably launch bunch of nukes for the fun it at countries that piss me off like New Jersey and Antarctica.  
I would put children to work in the West Virginia coal mines because they are too dangerous for humans and I would sent old people out to sea on leaky boats.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Bush will do nothing about the border unless forced to. If this isn't already obvious, I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Resign for being a tard and the worst President we've had yet.

- rem
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Neither.

If we were going to war against a non/incidentally involved nation anyway I say we should have hit Russia/China in a massive simultaneous pre-emptive  first strike.

All this proxy shit is getting tired and they'd never have seen it coming.

Was that a serious question?

Than of the THREE choices presented I've gotta go with WOT, although any serious WOT would have to include securing the borders to some degree.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
YOU'RE Prez. Bush, what to do 1st? Secure U.S. border or War on Terror?

Those two fall under the same category. There is no difference.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:55:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Delta
Uniform
Papa
Echo

Papa
India

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOU'RE Prez. Bush, what to do 1st? Secure U.S. border or War on Terror?

Those two fall under the same category. There is no difference.

If they are under the same category then we are getting our asses handed to us.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bush will do nothing about the border unless forced to. If this isn't already obvious, I don't know what to tell you.

You are correct. Bush is a conservative businessman first. Keeping the borders open means cheap labor. Cheap labor mean more profit. If you owned an oil business would you rather pay $6/ hour to illegal aliens or $15+/hour for Americans to do the same work?

If you have 10,000 workers getting paid $6/hour instead of $15/hour. You just saved....

$90,000 per hour

$2,160,000 per day

$788,400,000 per year

Any questions?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#25]
If I were Bush I'd learn to say nuclear before having a discussion about any of it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#26]

The two are not inconsistent or mutually exclusive.  

Securing the border and kicking ass in the middle east are BOTH necessary components of a comprehensive war on terror.  It's not like we cannot afford it, since Congress is spending like a drunken sailor in Bangkok who just won the lottery anyway.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The two are not inconsistent or mutually exclusive.  

Securing the border and kicking ass in the middle east are BOTH necessary components of a comprehensive war on terror.  It's not like we cannot afford it, since Congress is spending like a drunken sailor in Bangkok who just won the lottery anyway.

Exactly.  But, if I had to choose, I would say secure the border first.  It is an integral part of the overall security picture and an open route in for terrorists.  Makes no sense to fight somewhere else and they come crawling into our back yards.  

Don't they "Tiger Team" anything any more?  Or, at least think that way.  Were I planning to attack the US, one of the first things I would do is look for ways to infiltrate "my people" into the US, even before any open/frontal confrontation.  That open border (Ho Chi Minh Trail in our back yard) is one of a number of ways.  I'm sure the Pentagon planners are a lot smarter than I or will at least tell you they are.  So, get to it.  No, a sly grin and "we're dealing with it" doesn't cut it.  If Mexicans can make it across, then "others" can, too, especially if well financed arrangements have been made on this side.

As far as even the excessive number of Mexicans and other work immigrants (illegal) filtering through Mexico, they can be in sufficient numbers to disrupt parts of the economy.  Handy to have happening inside an enemy country.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct. Bush is a conservative businessman first. Keeping the borders open means cheap labor. Cheap labor mean more profit. If you owned an oil business would you rather pay $6/ hour to illegal aliens or $15+/hour for Americans to do the same work?

If you have 10,000 workers getting paid $6/hour instead of $15/hour. You just saved....

$90,000 per hour

$2,160,000 per day

$788,400,000 per year

Any questions?

How much wall or other things will $788,400,000 get us?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$90,000 per hour

$2,160,000 per day

$788,400,000 per year

Any questions?

If I were president I would eliminate the minimum wage. Then American companies could pay American workers $6/hour, and it would be a real living wage.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#31]
If I'm the Prez???

First thing I do is resign for total incompetence.

Second I hope people dont realize that I may very well be a war criminal for waging acts of war on a sovereign independent nation that DID NOT attack me and DID NOT have WMD's like I claimed.

Third thing I apologize to the American Public for spending HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS on a war that should have never been.

Forth, I apologize for being stupid and taking my eye off the ball - OUR ENEMY was and IS Bin Ladden.  I let him get away while lauching a war and invading a country that DID NOT attack us.

Fifth.  I thank all the bone heads on AR 15 that are too dumb to realize that me and my advisors strired up a hornets nest in Iraq.  America's are dieing every week because of my dumb decisions. ETA I apologise to the mothers of those Americans - what terrible family losses have been inflicted because I got it wrong.    I am the Number one recruiter for new terrorists - hundrends, thousands of unemployed uneducated ignorant rag heads that used to be content eating figs and treating women like property now have a "cause" of killing the "infidel" thanks to me.

Sixth --- do I need to go on?  This guy is a travesty- your CHILDREN will be paying for the mistakes he's made these past 6 years.  He is so poor that he makes that bum Clinton look good.  
With such a lousy Pres it amazes me that the democrates are so pathetic that they can't mount a credible challenger.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#32]
What's the difference? Is this a trick question?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
If I'm the Prez???

Second I submit to the international court as a war criminal for waging acts of war on a soveriegn independent nation that DID NOT attack me and DID NOT have WMD's like I claimed.

Please just go back to wherever you came from. Don't forget to drink your KoolAid when you get there.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I'm the Prez???

Second I submit to the international court as a war criminal for waging acts of war on a soveriegn independent nation that DID NOT attack me and DID NOT have WMD's like I claimed.

Please just go back to wherever you came from. Don't forget to drink your KoolAid when you get there.  

+1-  And please type your posts in a program that has a spell checker.  Then copy and paste into your ARFCOM message.  Not to be a Spelling Nazi, but read your message after you post it.  If there are errors, correct them.  If you can't use the English language properly, it tends to detract from your message.  Of course, you may have learned English as a second language.  What is your native tongue- Spanish, French, German- or maybe ARABIC ?  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#37]
The Ar15.com answer... do both.  I think border security though is going to be alot more than just securing our borders and ensuring no illegals come over.  After we build some sort of wall on the US/Mexican border, we really need to pass some laws to ensure that all illiegals get the fucking boot, and we need to aggressively go after them and business who hire illegals.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#38]
There isn't going to be a wall put up. If they start working on it they will do it as slow as they can and delay it as much as they can.

I don't care for  Republicans or Demecrats. I know I'll be grabbing my ankles no matter who is elected. I just vote for the one that gives me the towel afterwards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top