Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 3:05:02 PM EDT
I know that several online vendors require you to enter your age when purchasing firearms related items, such as magazines or bayonets, heck I was asked if I was over 18 the last time I bought a can of air duster (do you have to be over 18 to buy these now?).

Since these items do not have any age restrictions attached to them by law is there any reason why you have to provide accurate information?

If you are wondering why I want to know it is because I got into a discussion about this at work, a co-worker said ANYTIME you lie about your age it is a crime (he could not tell me the actual offense). I said that unless there is a legal age restriction on the item the worst the company can do it not sell to you.

And yes if anyone wants to know I am over 21 so this isn’t something I have to worry about.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, I would imagine in some places it is just company policy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Doh!

Wrong thread.

I really hate getting carded every time I buy Brake Cleaner or Spray paint . . . some stores are definately worse.  I never get carded at National Auto for brake cleaner (they must ASSUME people will use it for the purpose it was intended).  I think Walmart has a card for almost everything policy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Falsifing imformation can in some cases be a crime like being a minor trying to buy beer but for nothing of legal importance who cares lie your ass off.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Under 18 is under the age of consent and a contract to pay can't really be enforced. Also, many items are not allowed to be purchased by those under 18 for liability reasons. [kids huffing "air duster"]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top