Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 11:59:19 AM EDT
Rookie Officer Attacked; Shoots 2 Armed Robbers

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kprc/20060131/lo_kprc/3230386

A rookie police officer shot two men who were trying to rob her in a Jersey Village apartment complex Tuesday, officials told KPRC Local 2.

Holly Mong, 22, was not in uniform but was on her way to work when she was attacked in the parking lot on Pleasant Colony near Steepleway at about 6:30 a.m.

"She started the ignition and a (man) with a mask and gloves approached her, put a gun to her head and pushed her over into the passenger side of her car," said Chief Charles Wedemeyer, with the Jersey Village Police Department.

A second man jumped into the back seat. Wong fought back with her own weapon.

"I think this happened, like, in a few seconds. I believe it was a life-and-death struggle in the car and she managed to get her weapon out. Both of them were armed with handguns. And there were several shots fired. We know that she fired shots. We're not sure about the other," Wedemeyer said.

One of the men died on the scene. The other was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital. He had been shot at least five times in the head and chest, officials said.

A third suspected attacker was found nearby hiding in what was believed to be a getaway car.

Residents of the apartment complex said crime is a growing problem in the northwest Harris County area.

"We received a letter about a month and a half ago that said we need to stay inside and keep our doors locked, and not go out," resident Ronnie Haussecker said.

Mong has been with the Richmond Police Department for six months.

Nice shooting Holly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]

We received a letter about a month and a half ago that said we need to stay inside and keep our doors locked, and not go out

At least in prison you get time out in the yard.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Rookie Officer Attacked; Shoots 2 Armed Robbers

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kprc/20060131/lo_kprc/3230386

A rookie police officer shot two men who were trying to rob her in a Jersey Village apartment complex Tuesday, officials told KPRC Local 2.

Holly Mong, 22, was not in uniform but was on her way to work when she was attacked in the parking lot on Pleasant Colony near Steepleway at about 6:30 a.m.

"She started the ignition and a (man) with a mask and gloves approached her, put a gun to her head and pushed her over into the passenger side of her car," said Chief Charles Wedemeyer, with the Jersey Village Police Department.

A second man jumped into the back seat. Wong fought back with her own weapon.

"I think this happened, like, in a few seconds. I believe it was a life-and-death struggle in the car and she managed to get her weapon out. Both of them were armed with handguns. And there were several shots fired. We know that she fired shots. We're not sure about the other," Wedemeyer said.

One of the men died on the scene. The other was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital. He had been shot at least five times in the head and chest, officials said.

A third suspected attacker was found nearby hiding in what was believed to be a getaway car.

Residents of the apartment complex said crime is a growing problem in the northwest Harris County area.

"We received a letter about a month and a half ago that said we need to stay inside and keep our doors locked, and not go out," resident Ronnie Haussecker said.

Nice shooting Holly.

That's going to leave a well-deserved mark!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Nice shooting Holly.

Thanks to Holly, you'll be getting a new letter advising you it's safe to go back outside.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's going to leave a well-deserved mark!

No shit. The girl apparantly just went to work on these guys. Scored some impressive hits and they aren't even sure if two suspects with drawn weapons got any shots off. I bet the third guy hiding in the car was a shivering bitch when they found him.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Five times in the head and chest and he is still alive?  Resilient piece of shit ain't he.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Way to go Holly!!!

Guys, she's really cute too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I have dial up at the moment so I can't search it but sadly I have to call a DUPE on Steyr as bad as it makes me feel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks to Holly, you'll be getting a new letter advising you it's safe to go back outside.

Usually the removal of one criminal creates a void that is quickly filled by someone trying to fill the shoes of the last bad guy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually the removal of one crimninal creates a void that is quickly filled by someone trying to fill the shoes of the last bad guy.

Just keep shooting them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Way to go Holly!!!

Pic?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Way to go Holly!!!

Pic?

mfile.akamai.com/12944/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0131/6634665.200k.asx

You see her in this video, short young looking blonde. I like the thing about the letter telling people to stay inside with the doors locked. Did it say anywhere if they were illegals ?

ETA: Good shootin'
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh Hell yesss.......!!!

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's to Holly
I love these kind of stories!!!!!!!!!
Chalk one up for the good guy/gal!

Sean
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Way to go Holly!!!

Pic?

mfile.akamai.com/12944/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0131/6634665.200k.asx

You see her in this video, short young looking blonde. I like the thing about the letter telling people to stay inside with the doors locked. Did it say anywhere if they were illegals ?

ETA: Good shootin'

Anyone got a mpg? My puter won't play a asux file.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Five times in the head and chest and he is still alive?  Resilient piece of shit ain't he.

No, she was using a 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Anyone got a mpg? My puter won't play a asux file.

There is a link to the video under the picture here:

www.click2houston.com/news/6633149/detail.html?rss=hou&psp=news
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#19]
yeah i heard this on the way to work this morning, thought hell yeah, but my employer won't let me carry in my car to work. so i don't, too bad, i worrk in the not the nicest of neibhor hoods, good thing we have 2 security gates with razor wire around the lot
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice shooting girl
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Two of them, gun drawn, totally outclassed. Brilliant!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Good deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top