Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 7:51:51 AM EDT
First, does anyone have one of these?  How do you like it?  How does it compare to a walther P22?

Second, do they make a threaded barrel for this yet?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
First, does anyone have one of these?  How do you like it?  How does it compare to a walther P22?

Second, do they make a threaded barrel for this yet?

They are about the same as quality (or lack thereof) as a P22.

They do not have a threaded barrel.

They are $100 more and you are better off buying a P22.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have shot one and it seems to be a lot better quality/fit than a P22.

All the P22s I've been around have had their fair share of flaws.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have watched people at the range TRY to shoot them, you will be happier with a 4" MK 2 ruger, at least they will run.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife is wanting one.  Just have to sell the P22 first, can't get the thing to fire more than 2 rounds jaming.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one, I only like it.

The only problem I have had is it won't feed Stingers.

My buddies all like it.

I'm thinking of selling it and buying a MKIII.

I get bored pretty easy wth guns like those and sell old ones and get news ones all the time, so I might not be the best person to ask.

Oh, if I LOVE a gun it NEVER gets sold.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a SIG Trailside if you can find one. Made by Hammerli, gorgeous and with the fixed barrel it is amazingly accurate.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Get a SIG Trailside if you can find one. Made by Hammerli, gorgeous and with the fixed barrel it is amazingly accurate.

CDNN has them. I almost bought another but got a buckmark Target for less than what the mosquito costs. btw the trailsides start at 300 at CDNN
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No it isn't.  It is made out of crappy plastic with a zinc slide.  It also a steel barrel liner and pot metal parts.  Just like the P22.

It also has a horrible DA trigger which the P22 doesn't have.

Where have you been?  The mosquito has just as many problems as the P22.  Read some other boards besides the GD.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#9]
the wife has one.  Actually the 2nd one, cuz the first one went back cuz it was a jam-o-matic
however, they sent us a brand new one and this one runs fine, although it likes hotter ammo (not that really cheap $8 a brick stuff I like to buy , it likes the $12 a brick stuff)
it's great if your everday carry is a SIG because teh manual of arms is the same.
if you are looking for super accuracy, this probably isn't it.
However, my wife has small hands and this one fits her very well, where many of the .22's are for huge hands.
It's a fun gun, but they definately have some issues at times although SIG has handled them for us.

Brian  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I have one (got if for Christmas) and have a bit more than 5K rds thru it now. Pop over to the SIG forum here as Ive added a fair amt of data to that thread ('I heard the mosquito is a P.O.S..').  In a nutshell its performed flawlessly. Im still working on testing ammo of various types and Ill post my findings to the thread I mentioned above. Id get another based on how well this one has run. As for the Walther I fired one at the indoor range I frequent. This was one of the long bbl versions. It was OK. The owner said he has had smoe recurring problems but nothing thats a showstopper. The SIG was far more comfortable in my hand though. My wife and son really like the Mosquito as its low recoil and can be shot alot for small $$$. The manual says it should be cleaned after every 250 rds but I usually shoot between 500 and 700/ session w/o significant problems. If the mags get dirty they will cause some malfunctions.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#11]
In this one thread we have had an AtomicFerret and an AssaultPossum talking about a mosquito.

What are the chances?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#12]
What is it about semi-auto .22 pistols that seems to make them almost universally unreliabe?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What is it about semi-auto .22 pistols that seems to make them almost universally unreliabe?

My Buckmark is great with most any standard velocity ammo.
Most Ruger Mark IIs run near flawlessly as well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#14]
If you want a good .22lr plinker. Its hard to beat the Ruger Mk II. The Ruger 22/45 is good also.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1 here.  I wish the Mosquito was of normal Sig quality.  Apparently not.  So, Trailside is inbound very soon!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's just the P22 and Mosquito.  Everything else is fine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Thousands of rounds thru my Buckmark, and zero problems. Great gun.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Bargain basement price leader "promotional" ammo is usually of very poor quality and reliability.  Often that is what people buy and it makes anything they shoot unreliable.

Ruger .45/22 is amazingly reliable.

Smith and Wesson 422 and 2206 have been amazingly reliable for me.

Llama .22 made before 1968 is very reliable (with a decent magazine).

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bargain basement price leader "promotional" ammo is usually of very poor quality and reliability.  Often that is what people buy and it makes anything they shoot unreliable.

Ruger .45/22 is amazingly reliable.

Smith and Wesson 422 and 2206 have been amazingly reliable for me.

Llama .22 made before 1968 is very reliable (with a decent magazine).

Ditto for me. Great gun. Never a jam with 500 rounds of cheapo ammo per session,  when I was working on instinctive/no sights shooting.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it isn't.  It is made out of crappy plastic with a zinc slide.  It also a steel barrel liner and pot metal parts.  Just like the P22.

Where have you been?  The mosquito has just as many problems as the P22.  Read some other boards besides the GD.

Scott

Dude, you need to calm down.  I was simply giving my personal opinion from the P22s and the Mosquitos that I have experience with.  I was basing absolutely nothing off of what I have read.

Personally, I like my Buckmark and my Ruger Mark II the best.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#21]
go with a browning or ruger.  you'll be much better off.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scott

Dude, you need to calm down.  I was simply giving my personal opinion from the P22s and the Mosquitos that I have experience with.  I was basing absolutely nothing off of what I have read.

Personally, I like my Buckmark and my Ruger Mark II the best.

I did come off a little harsh.  Sorry about that.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I've never, ever had a single prob out of my Ruger 22/45.  Traded it for a Sig Mosquito and then swapped the Mosquito back for the SAME 22/45
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If you want a good .22lr plinker. Its hard to beat the Ruger Mk II. The Ruger 22/45 is good also.

The 22/45 is just a MkII/MkIII with a polymer grip frame shaped to approximate the shape of a 1911.  I've had Rugers and Brownings and they both were flawless shooters, as was my old hi-standard Victor I used to have.

I also have a Beretta model 21a Bobcat that is solidly reliable with just about any ammo, but it's not a target gun by any means.  I actually have both the .22 LR and the .25 acp version but haven't had a chance to shoot the .25 yet.

What is everyone's take on the Beretta Neo (or whatever it's called)?  They are kinda odd looking, but in a good way.  The only thing that bugs me a little is some of the variations look a little too toy-like.  Wouldn't be a good gun to leave out when kids are around, but what gun is?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top