Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 5:24:35 AM EDT
It started out with me leaving my house to go stay with some family. I packed enough for a weekend.
The family was Asian, and the father was getting me a job with some company. He seemed very confident I would do very well at this job even though I wasn't sure what I'd be doing there. I thought I would start work on Monday, but it turned out he arranged for me to start on a Sunday. For some reason I was very unprepared.
I didn't have the appropriate attire for my first day and when I arrived at the building I ended up getting a flat tire on the car of the guy who got me the job. While I was changing the tire some people came out of the building and told me I needed to get off the street, because things were going out of control.
I looked around and saw what looked like the aftermath of SHTF. I saw a a massive suspension bridge with major damage... parts of the road missing and the support structure all mangled, buildings were all busted up, etc.
I saw a large groups of black people attacking any whites that were on the streets. I headed into the building I was supposed to work in. The people in there were helping to hide me and also trying to keep people from coming in and trashing it. Ironically the people working in the building that were hiding me were black.
The reason for all of the anarchy was supposed to be some trial or something where the verdict was one that sen the "black community" into an uproar and they destroyed everything in the whole country and were hunting down white people.
The building was changing alot, from a multileve office building to a finished house, to an infinished house, to a department store. The department store was the fina change and when it became the department store apparently all of the conflict had calmed down and at this point people were just looting everything in the city to try to get what they needed to survive and defend themselves.
At this point I was grabbing what I needed to keep warm and defend myself as well. I started picking up different swords, mostly samurai, because I couldn't find any guns. I started checking out bows and arrows but the one in the store were really hard to work. Then I started grabbing clothes and stuff to bundle up because the weather changed to an almost arctic condition.
I headed out and was making my way home... and started going into various sporting goods stores on the way trying to find one that had some guns I could bring with me. None of them had any.
I got out of the city and started making my way through the remains of some residential area. That's when I got a call on my cell phone from my wife. Somehow a signal got through and I was able to explain to her what was happening and that I was heading home.
I crawled into one of the busted up houses to look for some food and there were people in there, and they let me have some of their chow before I moved back out.

From there I think I woke up...
I love weird vivd dreams like this... especially ones where things are all chaotic and I'm gearing up...
Just thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I don't think it would take Joseph to interpret that one.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Anxiety dream.  Not being prepared for work with wrong clothes and flat tire.  BTW, with a swing to towards a conserative Supreme Court, some decisions may result in rioting.  That part of your dream could be prophetic.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a dream that a group of my friends were being chased by a group of guys in a mall. We were almost to our cars when someone told us that the guys were abducting her children. So, I pulled out my Kershaw ( ) and we headed back towards the building to confront them.

Too bad my alarm went off...it could have been the first dream in which I got my ass kicked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top