Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 5:09:13 AM EDT
i can be on a website no paticular site.
i will be looking at it and all of the sudden my monitor act like it turns off and back on.just goes blank then comes back.

what would be causing this to happen?

video card going bad?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Check your power supply or video card.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The FBI is spying on you.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#5]
If you have another monitor I would plug it in to see if the problem duplicates. Chances are you do not and I have had the same problem you are describing several times at work and it usually turns out to be the video card. You can get then from 35 dollars on up to several hundred tiger direct or new egg .com are both good websites that are trustworthy, also make sure you know which type to get AGP, PCI, or PCI express.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Last week my monitor died, the symptoms were just like yours. The flyback transformer in the monitor went bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top