Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 7:13:30 PM EDT
Did anyone else catch Bush's statement asking congress to ban Human-Animal Hybrids?

Anyone know where that came from?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]

The Furry lobby?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It was some stupid, luddite scare tactic.

Quoted:
The Furry lobby?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The Pres was up watching the Island of Dr Moreau last night with Condi and Rummy?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Pres was up watching the Island of Dr Moreau last night with Condi and Rummy?

"Don, we gotta put a stop to this!"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
He's probably talking about projects that combine animal DNA with human DNA in order to facilitate the transfer of organs from animals such as pigs to humans.  

Most people don't realize that we are actually animals and share much of our DNA with other mammals.    
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Think about a pig that has been genetically designed specifically to grow human organs to harvest.

Or a human / spider. That oughta get a few of our members freaked right the heck out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He's probably talking about projects that combine animal DNA with human DNA in order to facilitate the transfer of organs from animals such as pigs to humans.  

Most people don't realize that we are actually animals and share much of our DNA with other mammals.    

beat me to it. nicely done  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#8]
he saw this on afrcom and got confused

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Dr. Moreau, paging Dr. Moreau.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes i did catch it. I immediately thought of Dr. Moreou.

Anyways, what round do you think we need for these "human-animal" hybrids.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes i did catch it. I immediately thought of Dr. Moreou.

Anyways, what round do you think we need for these "human-animal" hybrids.

Anything but 9mm!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#12]

So what exactly is the point of all the Human Genome research, and biotech and everything, if it won't eventually allow me to have a prehensile tail, and be able to change color like an octopus?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm all in favor of modifying animal's dna to make their organs harvestable.

The body doesn't make the soul.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So what exactly is the point of all the Human Genome research, and biotech and everything, if it won't eventually allow me to have a prehensile tail, and be able to change color like an octopus?

screw that, I just want to squirt ink at will
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, sure. Mock him.

My ex-wife was a bitch you know.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I forgot retractable claws, and maybe a venemous stinger somewhere (just for emergencies)

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe instead of Dr. Moreau, someone should send him the Dark Angel  DVD set, then he'll be in favor of it instead.

mmmm, Jessica Alba........

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It shouldn't be too hard, we already have tails in early fetal development.   Also, we still have some primitive vertebrae at the end of our spine that would be part of a tail. Some people's tails do not go away, and they are born with them.  It's pretty weird.  

Personally I want predator like vision abilities and skin camo.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Kind of odd.  I wonder if he has a problem with the use of transgenic animals and Southern blotting too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

screw the tail. but the color change thing would be nice. but i want to be able to see in the dark. have sonar that works like a bat in the air and like sonar under water. be able to enhale and breath water, dive to 2 miles like a spermwhale, be strong enough to rip the head off a polar bear with my bare hands and be able to bench press elephants, leap tall buildings at a single bound, be creepy fast like a super space ninja, never age, but just look normal..
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

screw the tail. but the color change thing would be nice. but i want to be able to see in the dark. have sonar that works like a bat in the air and like sonar under water. be able to enhale and breath water, dive to 2 miles like a spermwhale, be strong enough to rip the head off a polar bear with my bare hands and be able to bench press elephants, leap tall buildings at a single bound, be creepy fast like a super space ninja, never age, but just look normal..

Ah, you're referring to the Steven Segal gene...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#22]
He must have found out about the chimeras in Lab 5 while watching Adult Swim.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It shouldn't be too hard, we already have tails in early fetal development.   Also, we still have some primitive vertebrae at the end of our spine that would be part of a tail. Some people's tails do not go away, and they are born with them.  It's pretty weird.  

I saw them remove a human tail on one of those medical programs a few years ago.  They couldn't just cut it off, they had to make a skin flap.  

Personally, I think they should keep up the human-hybrid research.  I would like eagle eyesight, myself.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I forgot retractable claws, and maybe a venemous stinger somewhere (just for emergencies)

Ehh, I'd just be happy to stick to walls and ceilings and whatnot    Although, my grandma used to tell me my socks would, if I didn't change em.

Maybe I'm a gecko-boy or something cool, and I just don't know it yet

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#25]
[Kramer]"...AN ENTIRE RACE OF PIG-MEN!!!"[/Kramer]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in favor of hybridizing George Bush with any animal that has a real spine and has the balls to stand up to the asshats in Mexico and China.

Maybe a male Cape Buffalo?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]
This is one of those times when I really start to question GW's intelligence.  I just don't know whether his science advisors are that stupid or he's just too stupid to understand what they're telling him. human
The vast majority of our genes are already pretty much identical to those found in other animals.  What's adding a few more going to hurt?

I'm in favor of hybridizing George Bush with any animal that has a real spine and has the balls to stand up to the asshats in Mexico and China.

Maybe a male Cape Buffalo?

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Isn't banning human-animal hybrids a violation of the constitution anyway?

After all, the 2nd amendement guarantees the right to bear arms.  

If we can have those, why not prehesile tails and retractable claws?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The Furry lobby?

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I dont know, but I'm pretty sure he may have been referring to securing our boarders!.  Hey, maybe?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw them remove a human tail on one of those medical programs a few years ago.  They couldn't just cut it off, they had to make a skin flap.  

Personally, I think they should keep up the human-hybrid research.  I would like eagle eyesight, myself.

Laser surgery can produce eyesight with nearly the same acuity as an eagle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Laser surgery can produce eyesight with nearly the same acuity as an eagle.

Not even close.

PLus, I want my damn tail.  If nothing else, just to annoy garandman  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top