Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 6:09:25 PM EDT
Although it wasn't my first encounter with "ground meat surprises", I hit a big one in a Whopper almost 10 years ago. Not a "fatty" piece of grisel, I'm talking a friggin' BONE CHIP piece of grisel. It wedged in my molar after the big "Ka Chunk!". I had to pry it out, gagging the whole time. I damn near puked. I haven't had a Whopper since.

If I hit grisel in a burger, hot dog, sausage, etc., I'm done eating at that point. I'm a grown man and it will gag me like some kid!

I KNOW there are others of you with "Grisel Phobia".
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Cartilage in the old Chicken McNuggets was worse.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Would rather have that in my chicken nugget than this !!

www.buzznet.com/buzzwords/mcdonalds/?p=1&id=1896378
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell yea i hate it!!

Ate a smoked sausage the other day and hit a chunk of rubber...

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't stand it. The worst is when you get little white chunks of bone/who-knows-what in an otherwise perfect hot dog.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a product made from the carcass of a dead animal.  Animals have many different types and textures of tissue in their bodies.  Man up and eat your meat.  WTF?  Next you'll want it cooked before your nancy ass will eat it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't eat fast food, only gristle I ever hit is just a streak of it in a nice big chunk of meat.  And I like gristle.  It's like meat-flavored chewing gum.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Anyone hate hitting a piece of gristle?

No.  I love it.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Read:

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.

After that visit a few slaughter houses.  I didn't eat any meat for about 2 years.
Then I had a fat, delicious, juicy hamburger- and said "fuck that!"

But do read the book.

--VT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top