Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 5:39:38 PM EDT
The whole school had the day off from classes today, so some friends and I made good use of it...

This cliff was about 55 feet high, this is one of many pictures; me, Aussie style

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I just don't get the whole 'Aussie" thing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Umm... it's fun....

Actually, I've seen pictures of the military using it.  

I suppose you could shoot better than when going butt first.

But mainly because it's fun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

i think "aussie style" is when you down a 6 pack of fosters before you repel down a rock face, but i'm not sure

either way, it looks like fun!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
My day:

...take one of these:

...and one of these:

...and a couple of these:

...and life is good.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, I'm OK with rappeling.    Here I am locking off on a 115 foot rap to have a snack.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright, alright, I'm OK with normal rappelling too.  

AZ, I can't make out what you're using there....ATC? 8? straight carabiner?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
... AZ, I can't make out what you're using there....ATC? 8? straight carabiner?

I was fooling around with differant techniques.  I had a large 8 that was fast as hell, scary fast.  So I rigged a Z rig with 2 biners to up the mechanical advantage.  It was pretty slow.  Next rap was with 2 wraps on the 8 and just right.  The rope was a pretty beatup 11mm dynamic.

I just picked up a BMS Micro Rack to play with in the vertical realm.  

Mike
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... AZ, I can't make out what you're using there....ATC? 8? straight carabiner?

I was fooling around with differant techniques.  I had a large 8 that was fast as hell, scary fast.  So I rigged a Z rig with 2 biners to up the mechanical advantage.  It was pretty slow.  Next rap was with 2 wraps on the 8 and just right.  The rope was a pretty beatup 11mm dynamic.

I just picked up a BMS Micro Rack to play with in the vertical realm.  

Mike

That's what I was using in the first pic, a rescue 8.  Less friction, more speed
Also costs $40 as opposed to $15 for a regular 8.....

Rappelling on a dynamic rope?  I would make some comment, but I've climbed on a static rope and that is FAR worse I think.

Let me know how that rack works for you; I've rappelled on just about everything else, but never one of those.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
cept the aussie's don't wear those aunt jemima rags on their heads while doing it.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Edit, double tap
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i think "aussie style" is when you down a 6 pack of fosters before you repel down a rock face, but i'm not sure

Not a chance! Fosters is Australian for piss!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
cept the aussie's don't wear those aunt jemima rags on their heads while doing it.  

Yeah, that's true....

But please note the super cool pants.

I have a black Aunt Jemima rag, but I didn't want to look too tactical (as a couple of the people with us had never been before), so I borrowed this one from a friend.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that's true....

But please note the super cool pants.

I have a black Aunt Jemima rag, but I didn't want to look too tactical (as a couple of the people with us had never been before), so I borrowed this one from a friend.

I'm just messin with ya.

that looks like a helluva lot of fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top