Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 3:55:21 PM EDT
Have the modern moonbats completely forgotten why they are here today?

This nation was bought with blood, plain and simple.

A war had to be fought, and people had to die.

Do they not teach that in schools anymore?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Just imagine if they taught that the American Revolution started because the British tried to CONFISCATE GUNS rather than over the price of tea!!!

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just imagine if they taught that the American Revolution started because the British tried to CONFISCATE GUNS rather than over the price of tea!!!

Not much, tea is still expensive!  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope....

Aalsaka bought for $7.2 million

The Louisiana Purchase cost $15 million and bagged all, or parts of Louisiana, Missouri , Arkansas, Texas, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska , Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.

I said America, which was around before any of those land purchases.

The USA is more that just a hunk of real estate, or at least she is to me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Original thirteen states bought with blood during the American Revolution.

Texas (which included parts of New Mexico, Oklahoma, etc.) bought with blood during the Texas Revolution.

New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California bought with blood during the Mexican-American War.

Cuba bought with blood and then given its independence in the Spanish-American War.

Most of western Europe, especially France, bought with blood in both World Wars.

Iraq and Afghanistan, bought with blood with plans for their independence, right now.

If you have nothing worth dying for, then you have nothing worth living for.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That is not the point.  You may be trying to show some humor, but it seems to be in bad taste.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your a Texan, not an 'American'.... well my old Boss at IBM was always quite adamant he was a Texan, not some dandified Yankee.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#10]

And some died to give us and protect our freedom.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your a Texan, not an 'American'.... well my old Boss at IBM was always quite adamant he was a Texan, not some dandified Yankee.

Anyways, splitting semantics, 'America' was around before the Revolution. Was it not 'America' from the time of the first colonists in the 16th C until 1776 when it became the 'United States of America'?

Generally speaking, it's true. In the other 49 states, everybody is an American and their place of residence is incidental. In Texas you're a TEXAN and being an American is just another thing to be proud of.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope....

The Louisiana Purchase cost $15 million and bagged all, or parts of Louisiana, Missouri , Arkansas, Texas, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska , Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.

Florida cost $5 million

Yeah, all it took to get rid of the sissified Euros was a little money.  To get rid of the locals, however, we used blood and iron.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Vito,

Though your facts may be correct, you are completely disregarding men who died across what was and what is now the continental United States.  From soldiers in the revolutionary war, 1812, the civil war, to the men who tamed the land bought by the Louisana purchase.  Many of these people, not only soldiers, but regular citizens, helped shape my country.  Your remarks seem quite callous and disrespectful to these men and women in our history, as if to say that only money has made the USA.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#16]
In several ways I agree with you Vito.  Although our fighting men have been an essential part of the shaping of the US, they have been more a tool of our trading and international policy.  This remark may anger some here, but if you think about it, that is what all wars are fought over, stuff/land, and the rules in how stuff/land is used and traded.  

We had our colonies, we had some wars that would be condemned by the U.N. now as greedy wars taking valuable resources from their rightful owners, but in the end, the bottom line worked in our favor.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope....

What....are you some kind of Patriot or something????  Don't you know it is not cool or PC to be a Patriot and love this country....Sheeshhhh......

I feel ya man...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top