Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 8:59:57 AM EDT
You guys have to check out the User Comments at the IMDB for Brokeback Mountain.

These sensitive movie watchers are heaping this rediculous amount of corny praise on this movie.

Real gushing emotional statements about the utter perfection of the movie.

You would think that this was the best movie ever made in history.

Very amusing.

imdb.com/title/tt0388795/usercomments

I cut and pasted a few comments from IMDB below.

****  To all the liberal wannabees who are going to ask why I am so "threatened" by this movie, etc., all I can say is fuck you.  I don't like this movie for the same reason that other people are praising it to the high heavens.  You want to go see this shit, go see it.  ****

Note also this bit of "trivia" from the trivia section:

Ang Lee recounted in several interviews that when Michelle Williams needed to film a scene in which her character is devastated to discover that her husband is involved with another man, she asked Heath Ledger (her off-screen, as well as on-screen, love interest) and Jake Gyllenhaal to stand off camera and make out for her benefit. Ledger and Gyllenhaal agreed, and when she thought their kissing was not involved enough, she asked them to intensify it.

Here's some of the user reviews, this shit goes on for pages...

An amazing piece of cinema..

I felt compelled to write this comment because I'm overwhelmed. It has changed my perception

Unable to wait any longer for the official December debut of Brokeback Mountain, I flew from Texas to the Toronto International Film Festival this past weekend specifically to see the Canadian premiere of the film. It was truly one of the top two movies I've ever seen in all my 36 years.

A Cinematic Landmark,

The feeling lingers. The images come back, not to haunt you but to reassure you.

I cared for them, and wondered what could/might happen to them after the screen went black. My mind was playing out scenarios and in that sense, it was numbing, in a thought-provoking, emotionally heavy way.

What an extraordinary accomplishment!

The movie should become both an American love story classic, as well as a gay classic.

"Brokeback Mountain" is an intimate story of affection, but it decimates the heart with passion and clarity...,

While the performances are uniformly fantastic, nothing can quite prepare the mind for the work that Heath Ledger provides.

This may be my last hope!,

Well, now, after seeing the film, I feel like writing a love letter myself. The film took over my senses and transported me.

Why can't I stop reliving this movie?,

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Say it ain't so Heath!!!

I liked him in The Patriot and Monsters Ball.  As for Jake Gyllenhaal!  WTF!!!!!!  Good performance in JarHead.

Is she worth kissing a buy for?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, now, after seeing the film, I feel like writing a love letter myself. The film took over my senses and transported me.

I dunno.

Probably because you're pretty gay.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno.

Probably because you're pretty gay.

I don't know.....I still have little interest in watch it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I will go see that movie when I have some desire to watch two men have anal sex with each other.   I don't think I will be seeing it anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuckcrack Mountain...

A cinematic "masterpiece" about two goatroping dicksmokers. Whoop-Tee-Shit.

Well, hold me back.

Not.

SG
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I will go see that movie when I have some desire to watch two men have anal sex with each other.   I don't think I will be seeing it anytime soon.

Well from what I have heard from friends that have seen it.... you’ll be disappointed....no anal scenes
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well either the movie "taking over" his senses and "transporting" him was the result of an intense libgasm, or the dude is pretty gay.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have no interest in seeing this movie.  The reason is not because of it's homosexual content, or because I feel threatened by it, but because it looks to be an incredibly boring movie.  Don't get me wrong, I like a drama movie that has no action as well as the next person.  I liked "Les Misearable", "Phantom of the Oprea", and other thought provoking movies, but "Brokeback Mountain" looks to be one incredibly boring movie.  I don't have any interest in following the lives of two cowboys for 20 or 30 years, straight or gay.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I go to the movies maybe once or twice a YEAR.

I ain't about to waste money on this.  Apparently, quite a few Americans are with me on this as that movie completely BOMBED in sales.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have no interest in seeing this movie.  The reason is not because of it's homosexual content, or because I feel threatened by it, but because it looks to be an incredibly boring movie.  Don't get me wrong, I like a drama movie that has no action as well as the next person.  I liked "Les Misearable", "Phantom of the Oprea", and other thought provoking movies, but "Brokeback Mountain" looks to be one incredibly boring movie.  I don't have any interest in following the lives of two cowboys for 20 or 30 years, straight or gay.

Last week in Montreal one of the guys at work said he and his wife went to see it, due to the good reviews. He said it was one of the most boring movies he ever saw. And he is a French Canadian. That should tell you something.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#11]
If  this movie were the exact same thing, but NOT gay,  just a romance between a man & a woman,  NO ONE would make a big deal out of it. That's what pisses me off.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well from what I have heard from friends that have seen it.... you’ll be disappointed....no anal scenes

Probably saving that for the sequel. I always wondered why the cattle men in the old Westerns disliked the, "dirty, lowdown sheepherders." They said it was because sheep ruined the grass, but I think they were being diplomatic.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#13]
What a wonderful, sensitive movie....In fact it makes me feel like going out and popping some guy in the shitter!

j/k, I haven't nor will I ever see this movie....who the fuck cares about gay cowboys?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#14]
IMDB is mostly they ghey....

I used to post over there and I'd end up having to intelectually defend the US against any number of foriegn assholes or libtards.  People would post bitching about Black Hawk Down saying it was great to see them get killed but sorry so many peace loving africans had to die, shit like that.

Hell I had a long "debate" with someone who bitched about We Were Soldiers being American Propaganda!  I can't think of another single mainstream movie that showed the VN conflict from the NVA side better.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If  this movie were the exact same thing, but NOT gay,  just a romance between a man & a woman,  NO ONE would make a big deal out of it. That's what pisses me off.

Exactly.

It is nothing more than a typical chick-flick with the homo element stuck in to stir up controversy.

This movie made so much money purely on "buzz" that the movie studios will be trying to repeat this success for years to come.

Next up, gay police buddy cop movie, gay war movie, gay race car movie, etc....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe someone will combine Titanic with Brokeback and make a movie about the Bismarck. (Two German sailors in love on a doomed ship.)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, someone flew from TX to Toronto to see this movie? I wouldn't fly that far, or any distance, to see ANY movie.

Talk about living in a fantasy world. No wonder liberals are so stupid. They actaully think the stupid crap that hollywierd dreams up is a reflection of reality.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
This is the year the academy awards go to irrelevent.
It used to be about what movies were best, not always, but sometimes.
This year it is simply about what movies are about homosexuals.
I am curious whether the hollyweird elite really think this movie is very good or whether they feel the subject matter is so important they have a duty to market it.

Actually they put out about 5 or 6 LGBT theme movies a year....you just wasn't pay attention. And this will be the second to get an Oscar.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is the year the academy awards go to irrelevent.
It used to be about what movies were best, not always, but sometimes.
This year it is simply about what movies are about homosexuals.
I am curious whether the hollyweird elite really think this movie is very good or whether they feel the subject matter is so important they have a duty to market it.

Actually they put out about 5 or 6 LGBT theme movies a year....you just wasn't pay attention. And this will be the second to get an Oscar.

But at least 3 are nominated, out of how many.
You have the Truman Capote Movie
Brokeback Mountain.
And the one of the transgendered guy.  All were nominated for something.
Are half of all movies normally nominated?

Don't know I'll have to look it up......but I wouldn't be surprised....... Hollywood elite loves trendy movies
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll admit, I'm a hypocrite. A movie about the romance between two gay cowboys sounds absolutely terrible to me.

HOWEVER

If it starred Scarlett Johansson and Halle Berry as two gay cowGIRLS, I'd have seen it five times by now.

But since it doesn't, FUCK Brokedick Mountain.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'll admit, I'm a hypocrite. A movie about the romance between two gay cowboys sounds absolutely terrible to me.

HOWEVER

If it starred Scarlett Johansson and Halle Berry as two gay cowGIRLS, I'd have seen it five times by now.

But since it doesn't, FUCK Brokedick Mountain.

It's not a movie about the romance between two gay cowboys .......it's a story about being a closet case in the 1960's. Hollywood changed the story to a gay romance movie because preachy ,depressing movies don't sell as well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

It is nothing more than a typical chick-flick with the homo element stuck in to stir up controversy.

This movie made so much money purely on "buzz" that the movie studios will be trying to repeat this success for years to come.

Next up, gay police buddy cop movie, gay war movie, gay race car movie, etc....

That's the thing, they didn't make any money on it.  It completely bombed.  Like under a million bucks bombed, last I checked, but that was a while ago.  Maybe they hit a million by now.

Financially, this was no success.  Publicity-wise for Ang Lee, Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, it was a success.  But not financially.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That's the thing, they didn't make any money on it.  It completely bombed.  Like under a million bucks bombed, last I checked, but that was a while ago.  Maybe they hit a million by now.

Financially, this was no success.  Publicity-wise for Ang Lee, Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, it was a success.  But not financially.

It wasn't suppose to be a money maker......
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well either the movie "taking over" his senses and "transporting" him was the result of an intense libgasm, or the dude is pretty gay.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#27]
LOL! Those comments are too much!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top