Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 6:17:06 PM EDT
CPF90 internal frame backpack?
- all i ever used was that damn ALICE frame pack, and it blows nuts.  i love my civilian internal though...the CPF90 may be a good compromise?

USGI Gortex sleeping "system"
- loved it while i was in...heard some bad things such as the gortex shell wearing out/becoming non water resistant...anyone?

USGI combat boots?
- have to say, like my civi hiking boots for hiking better...PLUS they are much MUCH more durable...but a good deal heavier...not much good for running in.
jungle boots were great while they lasted but i could blast through a pair in well under a year easy.

anybody else use this stuff?
best place to get it cheap?

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used both, and I prefer the large alice pack.  When I was in the army, they were testing the new rucks, so we used them.  the first problem we had, was that they couldn't be rigged to jump, because of their shape.  We still thought they were cool, untill we went on a long road march. With an internal frame, there was no air on our backs, and we got really hot. Maybe I was just used to the old ruck, but I liked it better.
Airborne
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the older type sleeping bags, myself. Also, I like "Alice" much better (mainly because it is cheaper). As for boots, I like GI boots just fine, but I wish the old 'cruit boots were still around......damn, those boots would last forever, and they didn't weigh shit. Ah, the good ol' days.......
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd definently go with the large ALICE any day. As previously stated it keeps you cooler. As for the boots don't go with jungle boots if your hiking they don't have much support. The only complaint I have with the USGI combat boots is they really pinch your skin during the break in period other than that I like them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top