Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 3:56:42 AM EDT
Alito will be confirmed by the senate this afternoon.  I'd like to see the coupe de gras this evening.  The oath administered to Alito by CJ Roberts during the SOUA right in front of the collective body.  

That would clearly demonstrate the message to the dimocrates:

YOU LOST.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not planning on watching it tonight. I'll catch the sound bites from FNC later.

Listening to an hour of meaningless platitudes, political damage control, and canned applause lines is not the way I wish to spend my time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
gato
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Listening to an hour of meaningless platitudes, political damage control, and canned applause lines is not the way I wish to spend my time.

Yep. It's like watching a sitcom. Oh, and Lord knows W (God bless him and all) can't deliver a speech worth a damn.

Last live speech of his I sat through was the one after 9/11, where he SERIOUSLY kicked some ass. I wish he gave EVERY speech like that!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:36:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. It's like watching a sitcom. Oh, and Lord knows W (God bless him and all) can't deliver a speech worth a damn.

Last live speech of his I sat through was the one after 9/11, where he SERIOUSLY kicked some ass. I wish he gave EVERY speech like that!

His speeches aren't bad, especially those given in front of friendly crowds.  It is when he has to speak extemporaneously that he tends to lapse into cliches and mixed metaphors.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#5]
My predictons:
- The Reps will stand, cheer, and clap a lot  while the Democraps sit and pout
- Cynthia McKinny will get there extra early to grab an aisle seat just to get some ugly face time on tv
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top