Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 5:51:09 PM EDT
If so tell me your stories. Good, bad or ugly I want to hear them.

I worked with a guy that was audited at random and got nailed pretty hard for stuff, other than that I have never heard of anyone getting audited.

Just how common is it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Must be a slow night
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, still fighting 2002 audit.....bitch was either incompitent , stupid or evily crafty. she fuked my receipts all up and then said I didn't present my case well enough to rule in my favor. it's going all the way to court cause I'm within the law and right!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I was audited in 1995, it cost me $2,700.00 more than I already paid in
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I was audited for 1997 because I didn't take the EITC.  The IRS thought that looked suspicious.  I thought the audit would take 30 seconds since my entire collection of tax paperwork was a 1099 from work and a 1099 from my checking account, but it took three long days.  The IRS agent was determined to find a mistake in my return to justify their time.  I do several hundred returns a year and have been doing them for over 40 years, so I knew they would find nothing wrong.  I wouldn't accept the EITC since that would have meant that I not only paid no federal taxes for that year, but it would mean I'd get money back.  I finally accepted the check from them for the EITC since I literally thought they were going to get violent.  Even if it means costing the IRS money, they're going to find or make-up something to justify their time.  Just accept it and don't argue with it.z
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never been audited and hope to God I never am.  I always take the standard deductions.  

I went to H&R Block for my taxes when I sold some stock.  

I worked with a guy that was marked by the IRS.  He was audited ever year for 6 years.    

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#6]
What are these "Taxes" you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:08:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The only reason I would get audited is my charitable contributions. I give a LOT of money to charity, WAY in excess of what the "norm" is. But I can easily go to church records and verify every penny I claim on my taxes.

Thusfar no audits. But my charitable contributions were almost double in 2005 what they were in 2006. I expect that sooner or later an IRS agent is going to demand that I show proof I actually gave that much.

Shouldn't be a problem. Get my bank transactions for a year and the church records, and show where every penny went.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top