Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 4:55:36 PM EDT
I posted this over in the AK-47 forum but its running a little slow and I thought I might get more responses here.

Centerfire Systems and Federal arms corp both have the high capacity double stack mag type AK-47 Romak 991 for $250 new-in-box.

Anyone have one of these or shot one before. As always, I am just a plinker and don't care about super accuracy or absolute quality. However, I don't want a total piece of crap either!

Does anyone have any reason I should or should not pick one of these up? All info is appreciated since I have no idea what the differences are in all the AK-47 variants.  Does anyone know how the 991 differs from other variants if at all?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Guys come on!  In less than one hour I've been bumped down near the bottom of PAGE 2 with not a single reply from anyone!  I love AR's but I want to expand my collection in various directions.  Anyone seen these AK-47 Romak 991 rifles before???
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, BBURN, but while I don't consider myself an expert on AKs, I am an FFL holder and just about any Romanian AK weapon that you find will be worth, at the very least, $250.00.

As far as how well do they work, well, since we atarted carrying Romaks about six(?) years ago, we've never had one returned for ANY reason!

For $250.00! Look at what you're getting! A pretty nice 'plinking' rifle that accepts high-cap mags!

What more could a guy want?

Eric The(Yeah,IKnow,ButPre-BansAreToo$$$)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
romak 991 shoots just like every other AK rifle. on a side note when romak 991's were sent into this country they only took single stack 10 & 15 round mags to get by the assault weapons ban. most of these rifles that take double stack mags have been modded here to due so. if you can handle one in person do so, flip it over and look at the mag well area" looks close at the feed ramp area". if it looks like someone cut it with a dremel " rough cuts & respray" chances are someone converted it after it arrived in the states.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The tried and true SAR-1 is on sale for $280 from [url]www.aimsurplus.com[/url]

It's legal to convert single stacks to double stack but with a Romanian.....why?  SAR's are so cheap.  It might make sense to do that to a milled Bulgarian single stack because the difference between a new SS Bulgie and a SLR-95 is a couple hundred bucks, but the procedure on them way harder due to the heavy milled receiver.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top