Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 2:12:56 PM EDT
Wow, i really hate my local post office.  I dont mean to go off on a rant here; but, everytime i go there i am taunted by the sign that says 5 minutes or less that is atleast 20 yrds in front of me.  What? Does the 5 minutes or less only apply to after i have been waiting in live for an hour?  And it is not like they have all the windows staffed, i witnessed 1 person at a window and a line of atleast 20 people... 20!  The lady next to her decided to take her lunch.  Im sorry, but if you know your gonna be busy at a certain time (which they have a very consistent flow that never changes) then schedule the damn lunch around it so you dont piss evryone off.  

Not to mention that the sign that says all mail will promptly be deposited in the mailbox by 11am doesnt mean 11am... it means whenever they get to it which is about 12:30 pm.  Now if you only get one chance to go to the post office once a day at 11:30 you would expect your mail to have been sitting in your box for 30 minutes... but oh no, not at this post office.  Im startin to think every sign in there is a lie.  Hell, im startin to believe that the price of stamps didnt go up, they just wanna make some cash on the side (ok, i know that isnt true but...).

And lord help you if you try to call them and have a question cause lord knows they probably wont have the answer.  I called once and was trying to track my shipment with the Mail innovations thing and hell, they didnt even know what the hell it was.  They tried denying that USPS and UPS dont work together at any part at all.  and when you try to explain to them that they do they just brush you aside and treat you like that crazy guy on the street begging for money everytime you come out of blockbuster and telling you a different story every time about how he hurt his thumb during hurricane Katrina or how he hurt his thumb at work.  But instead of trying to get their boss to help you, what do they do?  they tell you to call another post office.  or better yet they tell you to call UPS when the tracking number that you gave them was a USPS tracking number!  

So, in closing i would like to raise my hand and close all my fingers except for the middle and give a hidi-hey-ho, texas style, to my loveable friends at the LSU post office on campus. I hate you and may you burn in hell.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Wow, i really  my local post office.  I dont mean to go off on a rant here; but, everytime i go there i am taunted by the sign that says 5 minutes or less that is atleast 20 yrds in front of me.  What? Does the 5 minutes or less only apply to after i have been waiting in live for an hour?  And it is not like they have all the windows staffed, i witnessed 1 person at a window and a line of atleast 20 people... 20!  The lady next to her decided to take her lunch.  Im sorry, but if you know your gonna be busy at a certain time (which they have a very consistent flow that never changes) then schedule the damn lunch around it so you dont  evryone off.

This is not new news. You were naive, now you are wiser for it. Plan ahead.

Quoted:
Not to mention that the sign that says all mail will promptly be deposited in the mailbox by 11am doesnt mean 11am... it means whenever they get to it which is about 12:30 pm.  Now if you only get one chance to go to the post office once a day at 11:30 you would expect your mail to have been sitting in your box for 30 minutes... but oh no, not at this post office.  Im startin to think every sign in there is a lie.  Hell, im startin to believe that the price of stamps didnt go up, they just wanna make some cash on the side (ok, i know that isnt true but...).

If your life revolves around daily mail, you would get to know the "system" by now and would adjust your schedule accordingly.

Quoted:
And lord help you if you try to call them and have a question cause lord knows they probably wont have the answer.  I called once and was trying to track my shipment with the Mail innovations thing and hell, they didnt even know what the hell it was.  They tried denying that USPS and UPS dont work together at any part at all.  and when you try to explain to them that they do they just brush you aside and treat you like that crazy guy on the street begging for money everytime you come out of blockbuster and telling you a different story every time about how he hurt his thumb during hurricane Katrina or how he hurt his thumb at work.  

USPS and UPS don't work together. Whoever told you otherwise was lying.

Quoted:
But instead of trying to get their boss to help you, what do they do?  they tell you to call another post office.  or better yet they tell you to call UPS when the tracking number that you gave them was a USPS tracking number!

The US Postal Service does not have a tracking system like UPS. UPS scans and track all packages at every location it changes hands and you can look it up on the web.  USPS only scans when you drop off a package and when it is picked up. If you have something very valuable to send, try using insurance.

Quoted:
So, in closing i would like to raise my hand and close all my fingers except for the middle and give a hidi-hey-ho, texas style, to my loveable friends at the LSU post office on campus. I  you and may you burn in hell.

The LSU Post Office is somewhat similar to all other post offices in the US. Because they are not a for-profit private organization, they have less incentive to do the best for the customer. I'm not trying to sound like I am siding with the Postal Service, I'm just giving you the facts. Unfortunately, this is a sad truth. If you are sending packages, try to use DHL, FedEx or UPS if you can.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally never heard of UPS mail innovations until i ordered something recently.  Went to there website and this is what i found out:

UPS Mail Innovations is a leader in cost-effective and efficient expedited movement of certain mail for businesses. The operational expertise and reliability of a century old institution are wedded to innovation. The move into expedited mail services was a natural extension of UPS's goal to provide customers with solutions to help better manage business processes, including physical mail.

We are able to obtain better postal rates for customers, while providing transit times that are comparable to First-Class Mail® through our utilization of the United States Postal Service® (USPS®) work share programs.

Our 10-member operations support team is the first in the industry to have all members certified in Mail Quality Control (MQC). This expert team possesses more than 163 years of collective experience in the mailing industry and is ready to help your organization achieve its operational goals.

Please explore our site and learn more about UPS Mail Innovations
http://www.mailinnovations.com/about/index.html

I know UPS uses a different tracking number than USPS (UPS usually uses an X or Z in front of the tracking numbers).

I wish i could change my schedule; however, i cant as im in class and that is the only time i have off.
I wouldnt mind the wait  if they would be more personable and try to actually resolve the issue.  They are public servants and in a way i will son be a public servant.  Just seems like they dont care anymore...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]
That's why they don't allow guns at the Post Office.  Because they know people will use them frequently.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't go to the post office.  The ATM sells stamps, I have a mailbox in my front yard.  If you need to send a package go to a local shipping/office store.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I sent a Priority mail package from NY to New Orleans on the 26th of January.
It's still not there.

My buddy told me the mail was seriously screwed in New Orleans, I did'nt believe him.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I sent a Priority mail package from NY to New Orleans on the 26th of January.
It's still not there.

My buddy told me the mail was seriously screwed in New Orleans, I did'nt believe him.

Your buddy is probably the same guy that told everyone that it's possible to make hamburgers from ground beef.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, if he was a displaced refugee I could understand it...

But he's a motion picture accountant working for Disney who is currently filming down there, and he's in an office complex, in the heart of the city, where everything looks and is running pretty damn normal. So I guess I don't understand whats so hard about delivering the mail.

Or has Prytania steet gone completely off the grid and so far only the USPS knows it?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#8]
USPS online tracking is a joke. Unlike other places that tells you where it is. It just says that it has been picked up or delivered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top