Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 11:37:20 AM EDT
I got to shoot an FN P90 this past weekend.  That is once interesting gun to shoot.  It's like holding an ukulele to your shoulder and shooting it.  However it is super comfortable to hold and nice and tight to shoulder.  Loading that stick magazine is a trip as the rounds rotate 90 deg as they flip in.  That little SS190 round is looks like a 17HMR and has about as much kick as one too.  That little black bag on the bottom is the (removeable) brass catcher and open like a coin purse from the bottom (just squeeze).  Even with a gehy looking 16" barrel it is still shorter than my 16" (overall barrel) AR with fully closed stock.  It's a fun gun to shoot.  I hear that Rheinland Arms is supposed to be putting out an AR upper that takes P90 magazines where the empty shell cassings are to fall out the mag well

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#1]
neat-o
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice gray AR too!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Is that what's it's really called?  An FN something or other?  I'm still trying to learn all these different weapons and what not.  But seriously, someone had a sense of humor when they named that particular gun.  It may very well be a nice weapon.  Sheesh, someone else out there has to see the humor there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I got to shoot an FN P90 this past weekend.  That is once interesting gun to shoot.  It's like holding an ukulele to your shoulder and shooting it.  However it is super comfortable to hold and nice and tight to shoulder.  Loading that stick magazine is a trip as the rounds rotate 90 deg as they flip in.  That little SS190 round is looks like a 17HMR and has about as much kick as one too.  That little black bag on the bottom is the (removeable) brass catcher and open like a coin purse from the bottom (just squeeze).  Even with a gehy looking 16" barrel it is still shorter than my 16" (overall barrel) AR with fully closed stock.  It's a fun gun to shoot.  I hear that Rheinland Arms is supposed to be putting out an AR upper that takes P90 magazines where the empty shell cassings are to fall out the mag well
img376.imageshack.us/img376/8499/fnp90shoot6fc.jpg
img294.imageshack.us/img294/2620/fnp90wgrayar7td.jpg

Very nice!  No group sizes, range, etc, but you got the pics and that is uber important .
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Its a great weapon, i wish i had the $$$ to buy one =(
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Ammo and mags are pretty scarce but if you do find them, they're pretty expensive right now. The mags used to be $40 each and now they're $60-$70 each.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice. Thanks for the pics. Not sure if I hate you more because you have a P90 or because you live in Hawaii.

(jk about the hate part)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Man it looks alot shorter when being held . Cool stuff.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is that what's it's really called?  An FN something or other?  I'm still trying to learn all these different weapons and what not.  But seriously, someone had a sense of humor when they named that particular gun.  It may very well be a nice weapon.  Sheesh, someone else out there has to see the humor there.

FN (Fabrique National/Herstal) is the name of the company that makes the P-90 and this civy version.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Ahh yes love the P90 :)  One day I'd like to shoot one!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Are you huge or is it really that small?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine is inbound soon! I can't wait to get it.

I am going to let the cat out of the bag when it comes in on how little I paid for it as compared to some others here

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I am going to let the cat out of the bag when it comes in on how little I paid for it as compared to some others here

If it was under $200, I think you got the Airsoft version.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it was under $200, I think you got the Airsoft version.  

I thought they all were airsoft guns!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Airsoft BBs probably do more damage than 5.7x28 J/K

Where did you get the brass catcher bag? For the price I paid, they could have at least thrown in a few goodies like a free catcher. I'll just use a bucket or can at the range.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Airsoft BBs probably do more damage than 5.7x28 J/K

Where did you get the brass catcher bag? For the price I paid, they could have at least thrown in a few goodies like a free catcher. I'll just use a bucket or can at the range.

Yes, where did the bag come from?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I know CMMG has it, and Impact as well. AGR also lists it but the going price is around $40 shipped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top