Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:06:51 AM EDT
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060130/ap_on_fe_st/voter_god_1

READING, Pa. - One registered Republican won't be able to vote in the next election unless he appears at a Berks County Elections Board to explain the signature on his registration form.

The man is registered as Paul S. Sewell, but his form is signed "God."

County Solicitor Alan S. Miller said Sewell claims his "God" signature is merely a legal mark like the "X" used by people who are illiterate.

Sewell, 40, said he will be happy to explain. As the owner of a bail enforcement agency, he finds fugitives, he said.

"Whenever I go to arrest somebody, they say, 'Oh, God, give me another chance. Oh, God, let me go. I'll turn myself in tomorrow,'" Sewell said.

He said he thinks his designated mark is legal. "PennDOT accepted it on my driver's license. I have a credit card with it," he said. "It shouldn't be a problem."

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  Never dreamed this would only get 26 reads and zero comments?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
My home town...feh!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you respond to someone who signs his name God?

I think he is a jackass.......
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
He is clearly violating the Separation of Church and State, which is very clearly written in the constitution!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top