Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 7:53:05 AM EDT
Is eating to much of it bad for anything, been using 1/2 to 3/4 bottle a week of Texas Pete's.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope - hot sauce isn't a health hazard, it is a health enhancer!!

Not to hijack the thread, but after about 2/3 a bottle of Endorphin Rush hot sauce, the burn/thrill has started to decrease. The first time I had it, I was sweating like a madman. I've upped the "dose" and haven't had the same burn lately. I've had lots of other sauces, (Dave's Insanity, Smack My Ass 1&2, etc., and I'm afraid that when used on food the sensation is, well... just not there.

I'm not into eating the "collector" types (you know the kind, the million plus scoville units, ha ha), but I enjoy the search for good flavor and some burn.

I guess I'll have to stop using for a while and let my tolerance drop down a few notches.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
burns going in burns coming out!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I made some habanero peper sauce with my roomate, and when I eat a lot of it, it will really tear up my stomach. I would consideder that to be too much. Other than that, I would immagine you would just need to watch your salt intake, as it usually has a ton of it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to eat extremely hot sauce, chili, salsa, etc.  It will catch up with you.  Lets say the fire down below at 2AM will tell you when to cut back.

Bleeding would be a bad sign too.

(Texas Pete doesn't really qualify as hot, FYI)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Blaspemy! There is no such thing as going through too much hot sauce. I go through a big bottle of Frank's every two weeks and I keep a bottle on my desk at work. I'm also looking for something new to try hot sauce on. I have recently found out that it doesn't taste that good on bananas.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Peppers have a lot of vitamin C.  You won't get scurvy anythime soon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#7]
that spicey taste is something the plants use to NOT get eaten.  
In a way it's a toxin so too much of a bad thing can be a really bad thing
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Huh?  Got a source for that?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:22:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Water is toxic if you injest massive quantities of it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Time to upgrade to a better hot sauce.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Time to upgrade to a better hot sauce.

Not sure really like the sweet flavor
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If I recall correctly, any type of plant that keeps it's seeds for reproduction inside its "fruit" is ment to BE eaten, and defecated (along with all natural fertilizer) at a different location. This is how some plants spread their seed so they don't all grow in the same spot.

ETA: +1 on texas pete not qualifying as "hot"
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#14]
If it doesn't make you sweet....it is not hot....

And damit....I still can't find decent Mexican food or salsa in Douglas county since we moved out here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top