Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 7:04:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#1]
He is professional enough to make it to snopes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
cool
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That is great...I am just about to grab my G22 before i head out for the day.
Not a professional or anything...just not an idiot waving a loaded firearm around.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not so sure he actually shot himself. Was he just grazed? He doesn't seem to be in any real pain in the video. I wonder if it was a blank? His partner also didn't seem surprised or concerned when the weapon was fired. Was it all just an act as part of the demonstration???
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#5]
PUT IT DOWN!!!!!!

What does DEA stand for? Dumb Extremely stupid Ass?

Also, looks like he fired into the wall and just got powder/concussion....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]
After thinking about it, he's really not professional enough for the Glock 40.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I love this bit.

"It puts a lot of undercover agents in jeopardy if their faces are videotaped," a masked agent told Local 6 News. "His identity is burned. His identity is known as a police officer and its a potential personal safety hazard to himself as well as his family members."
(not to mention a classroom full of kids )
If he is an worthwhile undercover agent, why is he doing talks at schools
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#9]
It's been a while since I watched that, I never noticed the part near the end where another guy comes running into the room asking "What Happened?"

And the Professional says "Nothing. I had an A.D."

No dick, you had an N.D. Nothing accidental about that, that's your own stupidity and negligence.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm not so sure he actually shot himself. Was he just grazed? He doesn't seem to be in any real pain in the video. I wonder if it was a blank? His partner also didn't seem surprised or concerned when the weapon was fired. Was it all just an act as part of the demonstration???

I agree, I also believe its a Demo. He was proving to the class that accident can happen to anybody and unfortunitly he was grazed with the wadding  that fired from the gun. Wadding can also injure.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#11]
most DEA (and fed 1811's) seem very professional to me, they must lower their standards for minorities...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:47:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Is that DEA "agent" a mall ninja nowadays?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Darwin candidate.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Reading the Snopes article there is very clear evidence why cops aren't trusted.

From snopes:

He drew his .40-caliber duty weapon and removed the magazine, according to the police report. Then he pulled back the slide and asked someone in the audience to look inside the gun and confirm it wasn't loaded, the report said.

So this "cop" put false information into the police report and tried to pass it off as true.  Since the LEOs are always believed over the average person he probably would have gotten away with it had the video not come out.  I have seen several cases like this where cops swear to one thing but the video clearly shows something else.  It makes you wonder how often cops make up facts to cover themselves.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

range safety officer
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Reading the Snopes article there is very clear evidence why cops aren't trusted.

From snopes:

He drew his .40-caliber duty weapon and removed the magazine, according to the police report. Then he pulled back the slide and asked someone in the audience to look inside the gun and confirm it wasn't loaded, the report said.

So this "cop" put false information into the police report and tried to pass it off as true.  Since the LEOs are always believed over the average person he probably would have gotten away with it had the video not come out.  I have seen several cases like this where cops swear to one thing but the video clearly shows something else.  It makes you wonder how often cops make up facts to cover themselves.

Just the explanation he provided is impossible. If the magazine was removed, and the chamber was checked (per the report) it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get the gun to fire afterwards, without first re-inserting the magazine and chambering a new round.

When I first read the title I thought it was going to be about Lootie
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I love this bit.

"It puts a lot of undercover agents in jeopardy if their faces are videotaped," a masked agent told Local 6 News. "His identity is burned. His identity is known as a police officer and its a potential personal safety hazard to himself as well as his family members."
(not to mention a classroom full of kids )
If he is an worthwhile undercover agent, why is he doing talks at schools

If he's so undercover, why does is shirt say "POLICE" in big yellow letters?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I like the little "anti gun" stuff thrown into the article.

"Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer said. "But the point of gun safety hit home. Unfortunately, the agent had to get shot. But after seeing that, my nephew doesn't want to have anything to do with guns."

Really?
I thought the point of all safety lectures was to make sure you understood the dangers of the tools you were working with so you didn't get complacent and lose a hand, not to make you piss yourself at the mention of said tool.
A nation of cowards...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I agree, I also believe its a Demo. He was proving to the class that accident can happen to anybody and unfortunitly he was grazed with the wadding  that fired from the gun. Wadding can also injure.

Wad from a non-blank handgun round? Did I miss something? Might have gotten some powder burn from proximity, but a wad?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I completely support the DEA agent and know he didn't do anything wrong to cause the discharge.  My G19 goes off by itself.  That probably happened to him, too.

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Well that is unfortuante.

At a meeting of the local Neighborhood Watch group, we had a local law guy come and give us a demo about gun safety.  But he did not use his duty weapon, instead he brought several unloaded guns in a locked brief case, and preceded to demonstate how to safety handle a gun using those unloaded guns that he brought.  Never once did he use or unholster his duty weapon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Active UCs in ANY capacity, be it narcotics, auto-theft TF, vice etc etc etc aren't in the habit of giving lectures to rooms full of kids....ever.

"Hi kids, my Name is Agent Jimmy Jones (be sure to get a good look at my face and distinctive dreds) and I drive a white Lincoln Navigator.  See it out the window there?  It's the one with the 24" rims.  Pretty cool license plate, huh...'IMAFED'...thought of it all by myself.  Don't forget when you go home to Ghettoville to tell Mr. Icecream Man all about me.  I'm sure he'll cut your mom a nice fat 20 for free next time, since you were so smart and helpful.  If you see me trying to buy crack in your neighborhood, smile, wave REAL big and yell 'HI MR POLICE!'.  I'm sure all the dealers will get a real kick out of it!"

Guy is a class A dumbass.  Talked to a couple of DEA dudes in our dope TF about him....suffice to say, they weren't very complimentary.

Sheep
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Nope.

He was last seen in New Orleans leading the "clean up" after the flood:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top