Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 2:15:36 AM EDT
I read about posts such as people getting stranded in weather, or people getting cheated on and having leave their wives, or other problems that happen to people. Here and on other boards. Everywhere else, everyone just posts "Good luck" or some other half hearted well wishing bullshit.
On Arfcom, people HELP. People will volunteer to drive halfway up a mountain in a blizzard to pull some guy out of a drift. They'll all pitch in and donate a couple bucks to help a guy move, or get through tight times. They'll send flowers for those who are sick. They help. They care.

Arfcom is by a large margin the best board I've ever been a member of.

Heres to you, each and every one of you.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I Love you man.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I Love you man.....

I love the other you. The thing between you and me is just a fling on the side.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, pretty cool.

Some others I can think of right off the bat are "pink ribbon avatars" for Patty, and a lot of folks helping Wildlandfirefighter get presents for his kid during Christmas.

There are some good folks here. To you
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Agreed, ARFCOM has a pretty good thing going..

I've met a lot of really cool people and traveled to exotic locales to meet, shoot, camp, navigate, make MRE bombs at 2am under the campfire light, got in on scandalously cheap group buys, learned alot, laughed alot, and have generally enjoyed myself.

Hmm... maybe it's time to write a check?

ETA: Because Hukd on Foniks Wurkd Fore Me!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread is hard to masturbate to.

We love you too, man.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not that ARFcom is the best board, it's that it's such a big board.

I'm not being cynical, just honest.

When people need help on this board, lots of people rush to help....but really how many do? 1/100th of the membership? 1/1000th? Less?

Mixed in with all the good, decent folks on this board (and there are alot of them and I have experience with their good nature), are an equal amount of selfish turds, trolls, nitwits and goofballs. Look at some of the responses when something tragic happens. Some are appalled, some are amused, some are downright cold bastards.

I have seen the generosity shown here elsewhere - on Parallax, THR, even on gunsnet, and been inspired by it. We have no monopoly on good people, we just have a great big pool of gun guys in which to swim, and the cream rises to the top.

My .02
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:53:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This thread is hard to masturbate to.

We love you too, man.

Post some pictures of that hot Stang, it'll make it a bit easier.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:55:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

When people need help on this board, lots of people rush to help....but really how many do? 1/100th of the membership? 1/1000th? Less?

Mixed in with all the good, decent folks on this board (and there are alot of them and I have experience with their good nature), are an equal amount of selfish turds, trolls, nitwits and goofballs. Look at some of the responses when something tragic happens. Some are appalled, some are amused, some are downright cold bastards.

I have seen the generosity shown here elsewhere - on Parallax, THR, even on gunsnet, and been inspired by it. We have no monopoly on good people, we just have a great big pool of gun guys in which to swim, and the cream rises to the top.

My .02

Must be a gun thing.
I've been on a few other tech boards that are pretty good sized, and stuff like that just doesnt happen. Might be the average crowd age, or probably more to the point the maturity of the board.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:08:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree with Swingset. Only a small margin of people on here are what I'd consider cool. There's a lot of wackjobs, idiots and people that deserve nothing but pain or euthanasia. You have to remember how huge this board and the fact it's been here like 7-8 years or something.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:09:37 AM EDT
[#10]
If you ever get bored. Come to mine..... Just a place to BS and do whatever.

But I do agree... Arfcom rocks....Great people, and awsome knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My .02

Must be a gun thing.
I've been on a few other tech boards that are pretty good sized, and stuff like that just doesnt happen. Might be the average crowd age, or probably more to the point the maturity of the board.

Gun guys tend to be conservative, and like-minded. That's a good recipe for a community that helps each other out.

I belong to a music forum, and some computer forums, and the people are as varied as can be - and all over the map politically and philosophically. And, as you would imagine, no one gets along. However, even in those caldrons, I have seen very striking displays of generosity.

What makes ARFcom special, to me, is the hometown and specialized areas where you get a chance to form a smaller, tight-knit community. That's where I have made so many friends, and found so much assistance.

GD is a zoo, but the smaller forums are like family here.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Stop being a suckup! There are no mod positions available!

I agree with you, man! This place is the best!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes you are correct! This is the first board that I have ever been a member of that I actually felt a need to become a paying member. I've been on game boards, and bike boards, and other gun boards but I never really thought of contributing to them. Even if I got rid of my guns I would still come to this site and still pay to be a member.

Now, having said that, the JBT's just shot my dog, my wife left me, I spilt my beer, my boat sank (along with all my guns), and I like pie.
Can I borrow a couple bucks??
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Stop being a suckup! There are no mod positions available!

I agree with you, man! This place is the best!

Oh hell no! I already have 3 kids, I dont need 30,000 more......
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

GD is a zoo, but the smaller forums are like family here.

Zoo's are fun.  

+1 on Specop_007's sentiments. Plenty of good people here.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#16]
This is the best side of the net imo.

I don't even read or watch the news.  I get all my news from here!  When back in school i knew more about current events then all my teachers combined.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#17]
The most entertaining forum on the internet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#18]
thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#19]
+!

Quoted:
Yes you are correct! This is the first board that I have ever been a member of that I actually felt a need to become a paying member. I've been on game boards, and bike boards, and other gun boards but I never really thought of contributing to them. Even if I got rid of my guns I would still come to this site and still pay to be a member.

Now, having said that, the JBT's just shot my dog, my wife left me, I spilt my beer, my boat sank (along with all my guns), and I like pie.
Can I borrow a couple bucks??

Couldn't agree with you more along with what the others are saying... its because of that I just renewed my membership after giving it some thought... I'm not always happy or agree with management decisions on here but overall the board is great...the guys & girls are great... the info you get off here is excellent  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#20]
It's addictive, for sure.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm a member of several forums but Arfcom is the only one I'll pay to support. The knowledge and humor cannot be beat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top