Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 7:30:12 PM EDT
I went shooting with some friends a few weeks ago and posted the pics to my facebook page.  I just now discovered how to share the pics.  There are 48 in all.  Some are pretty good action shots.  Enjoy.

Shooting With Allen, Derick, and Jason
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome photos.

Need to get yourself an AR.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like you guys had a great time, and rid the world of a few more insidious watermellons.
I like the 1911 the guy in green is shooting. What model is it? Might want to have that guy learn a new grip so he doesn't injure his thumb on his weakside hand. If he's interested, there is a nice little tutorial on the American shooter web site featuring Rob Leatham that does a pretty decent job(for internet training) of showing how to get started with regards to grip and so on. Tutorial

Thanks for sharing your pics! I hope you can bring us some more soon.
Stay safe.

2IDdoc

edited to add:

I don't disagree at all that an AR would be nice, that M1 Garand could be all a guy ever really needs. These guys have great taste in firearms. A guy could be proud to have a weapon collection consisting of nothing more than a 1911 and an M1 Garand. That's more than enough to go into combat IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Jason is going to get his left thumb cut off by the slide of one of those pistols.....

Awesome pics though !
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The guy in the green kinda looks like Andy Dick
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a guy loose most of his nuckle shooting that way.  It is also doesnt do anything for controlling the pistol in recoil.   I use a high thumbs hold both gun hand and off hand thumbs along side the slide.  Shooting hand thumb sets in the notch of the off hand thumb underneath it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool pics!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Awesome photos.

+1
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL about Jason.  I talked to him about the Andy Dick reference today and he agreed.  I think he's heard it before.  He said that was his first time to shoot a handgun.  I don't think shooting is really his thing, but if I take him again I'll help him work on his grip.  The 1911 is a Kimber TLE/RL II.  It is a very accurate and attractive pistol but the external extractor has reliability issues.  I'm going to send it back to the factory for service this week as a matter of fact.  As for getting an AR, its definately on my list, but I think I'm going to save up and get an LRB M1A when I start my career this summer.  

I'm glad everyone liked the pics.  I have another shooting album that I'll post tomorrow.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top