Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 6:09:16 PM EDT
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/27/D8FD9UO83.html

A normally pleasant billy goat turned gruff and, for his troubles, was zapped three times with a Taser gun. Dodge the billy goat snapped a leash and charged at Dawn Pinette, knocking her to the ground Wednesday about 35 miles west of Charleston.

"All I could do was grab his horns and scream bloody murder," Pinette, 38, said.

Her daughter called police and Colleton County Deputy Jeff Scott arrived to try to help Pinette up. But the goat bullied his way in and the deputy used his Taser.

At first, Pinette thought the goat was dead.

"Within a few seconds he was back up and going after him again," she said.

Deputies were finally able to get the goat in the back of a pickup truck, but not before stunning it twice more.

It's apparently not the first time a Taser has been used to subdue an animal.

Steve Tuttle, a spokesman for Taser International, said he has heard a Taser being used on two moose in the Yukon as well as on a bear.

"An ostrich would be the oddest one," Tuttle said.

The goat was owned by one of Pinette's neighbors who plans to find him a new home, authorities said. That's fine with Pinette.

"He's too old for goat burgers," she said.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
please ban the tasers!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Steve Tuttle, a spokesman for Taser International, said he has heard a Taser being used on two moose in the Yukon as well as on a bear.

Now that would have some Darwin potential.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]

"All I could do was grab his horns and scream bloody murder," Pinette, 38, said.

that could be taken out of context real easily
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
please ban the tasers!

Do it for the kids........
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, either one (moose or bear) sounds like a bad idea to me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, either one (moose or bear) sounds like a bad idea to me.

I wonder if it would be enough to actually take down/incapacitate an animal as large as a bear.  Or would it just scare it or drive it off with pain?  From what I hear, OC is also very effective against bears.

-K
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]

I wonder if it would be enough to actually take down/incapacitate an animal as large as a bear.  Or would it just scare it or drive it off with pain?  From what I hear, OC is also very effective against bears.

-K

Till you found one that liked hot sause on his meal.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I learned to take down a mean billy goat with a cut down 2x4 at six. Taser, come on a night stick will do a better job. And the goat will remember the headache.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
please ban the tasers!

Do it for the kids goats........

Save the goats
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
please ban the tasers!

Do it for the kids[/s goats]........

Save the goats

I really hate it when I have to explain a joke.

kid   Audio pronunciation of "kid" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (kd)
n.

1. A young goat.
        2. The young of a similar animal, such as an antelope.
        1. The flesh of a young goat.
        2. Leather made from the skin of a young goat; kidskin.
        3. An article made from this leather.
  3. Informal.
        1. A child.
        2. A young person.
  4. Slang. Pal. Used as a term of familiar address, especially for a young person: Hi, kid! What's up?

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]
jees first the dogs now the wildlife when are we gonna stop these out of control cops!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top