Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 1:45:09 PM EDT
A self proclaimed computer expert on the radio today was recommending a "Registry Repair" software that allegedly repairs your computer's registry and is supposed to speed things back up to normal.

She was recommending PCTOOLS.COM. Any thoughts on whether or not this is worth the trouble and if so are there any free versions out there that are just as good?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It's got to have a known good original to work from but it does work.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Use this one

www.ccleaner.com/

It cleans your registry as well as tons of unnecessary crap that programs leave behind
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Use this one

www.ccleaner.com/

It cleans your registry as well as tons of unnecessary crap that programs leave behind

+1 I've been using Crap Cleaner for a long time now.  A lot of registry cleaners can be downloaded as  trial versions thus allowing you to scan for errors.  Most likely, the trial software will tell you that you have anywhere from 500-2000 errors and will allow you to repair 30 of them using the trial version and you will need to pay to fix the rest.

If you don't have a quick way to restore your computer to the way it was before "fixing" your registry, I wouldn't try one of the free trial versions.

I haven't had any problems with CCleaner which is always free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top