Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:06:27 AM EDT
Not only are pretty much all muslim states in the middle east boycotting Danish goods, and some are pulling their ambassadors home (or closing their embassies) from Denmark - but NOW two major muslim organizations the Arab League and the Organization of Islamic Conference (that represents pretty much all muslim coutnries) are demanding UN action and sanctions against Denmark.

Countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Libya, etc - are among the most outrgaged and pissed off.

And why, you ask????

Because a private Danish newspaper published drawings of Mohammed - based on a contest for readers.  Not editorial, not drawn by newspaper employees, but submitted by readers.  Some drawings were artistic, some satirical, some boring.

So pretty much all muslim states (not sure about Turkey - they might be the exception) want the Danish government to punish a private newspaper for publishing something that apparently offends them - and now want to punish the Danish state for it's refusal to curb the freedom of the press based on their religious views.

That is so outrageous, it makes my blood boil.  

Guess what, Arab world??  Pretty much EVERYTHING in your shitty society offends Danish people!!    Your barabaric repression of women.  Your police state.  Your lack of freedom.  Your corruption.  Your opulent and decadent lifestyle of your elite.  But you don't see Denmark demanding that you change your ways to fit our beliefs, do you?

Damn this kind of shit annoys me.  A very large Danish dairy producer is losing millions every day because of this boycott.  

Oh well - as I said before; THANK GOD that those assholes don't eat pork or drink beer, because then we'd really have to be worried about a boycott.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

Oh, and IBTL.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#1]
LMAO no more of these in Jedda

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

www.tripworld.biz/Main/destination/europe/denmark/copenhagen/hotdogs.gif

You bastard - now I am hungry.  

The Danish hotdog is the most sublime food in the universe !!!  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I don't know about the hot dogs but those Royal Dansk cookies are horrible.  Coconut and no chocolate chips in them so I am boycotting them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
<SNIP>

So in other words, DK...

FUCK EM?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that mayonaise all over that hotdog? Don't you wacky people  dip your fries in it too?

Ever hear of Ketchup?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
It isn't so bad, they didn't boycot those wooden shoes did they?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<SNIP>

So in other words, DK...

FUCK EM?

Pretty much.

Good summation.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You mean this one DK!

Cartoonof Mohammed piss's off Saudi Arabia

Yeah - but it didn't REALLY piss me off until the assholes upped the ante, and started making official damands, and wanting sanctions, and all this shit.  Making such a big deal over another country's freedom of the press is just such an outrageous concept, it blows my mind.

PLus - there were a bunch of other pictures published in the paper too.  Most of them were extrememly innocuous, and not offensive at all.  Although whether or not they WERE offensive shouldn't even the the issue in the first place.

Oh - and of course the newspaper owners and editors have received MANY death threats.  

I'll curious as to why so many people who hate Pork come to live in the Bacon Mecca of the Univers!

Apparently mooching off our welfare system and raping Danish girls makes the pervasive stench of bacon tolerable.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#10]
What do we have to do to get a boycott or better yet kicked out of the UN. I'll draw pictures of Mohammed all day long.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Let me get this straight.....

After 9-11, you expect more from Islamic governments?

I learned everything I need to know about Islam on 9-11.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Let me get this straight.....

After 9-11, you expect more from Islamic governments?

Preach it brother Painless.

muslims have nothing to offer and they are just wasting air breathing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Remember, as far as they see it you live in thier world.

They are righteously upset that you are not recognizing this fact.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Remember, as far as they see it you live in thier world.

They are righteously upset that you are not recognizing this fact.

FUCK THEM
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Europe will be assimilated.

Resistance is futile.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#16]
The problem with the Moslem religion is that it has not yet had a reformation, so there is a contest amongst the elite in who can be the most "hardcore" in the name of the faith. Also I believe that it is not strictly centralized. The most-militant couple of percent need to be rounded up and shot and then bulldozed.

It will take a while before there is widespread support for this--but it is bound to happen. Anyone who keeps up on the international news can tick off a half-dozen sites where suicide bombings linked to Moslem groups have happened. You can't do that with any other religion; the sad fact is that no other religion tolerates its principals to encourage violence to such a degree.
~
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#17]
You forgot their bad breath!

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I learned everything I need to know about Christianity during the Spanish Inquisition.

generalizations are a bad thing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I learned everything I need to know about Christianity during the Spanish Inquisition.

You were there libtard?

We saw  9/11!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You forgot their bad breath!

And BO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey, not that I think any government should listen to another gov't (i.e. we should say "fuck off to the Euros who don't want us in Iraq, and Austria can tell us to fuck off because we don't want them selling rifles to Iran) here is just a little tidbit about Islam.

Muslims are forbidden to represent Muhammad in any way.
No drawings, no representations, nothing.
It is a big, big no-no.
Ever seen the famous film "The Messanger" about Muhammad's rise and the wars between Mecca and Medina?
Muhammad is never seen throughout the entire movie, and he never speaks.
Made the movie pretty hard to follow if you ask me.
And actually I feel this is a flaw in Islam - Muhammad is just a man, yet some Muslims place him higher than a man, to the point of blasphemy, IMO.
Kind of like some Roman Catholics and the prayers to saints.
Placing men at the level of God, or at least above the level of men, if you follow me.

Oh, so anyway, my point.
The point is, this is INCREDIBLY offensive to all muslims, even muslims who are the equivalent of C & E Christians.
(You know the type - don't go to church except on Christmas and easter)
This is on the level of, oh say, a jar of urine with a cricifix in it, or the Virgin Mary covered in dung.
I'm not saying the Danish gov't should kowtow to foreign powers, I'm just saying, they aren't being hypersensitive about this.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Everything I need to know about islam, I learned on 9-11. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted: Because a private Danish newspaper published drawings of Mohammed - based on a contest for readers.  Not editorial, not drawn by newspaper employees, but submitted by readers.  Some drawings were artistic, some satirical, some boring.

So pretty much all muslim states (not sure about Turkey - they might be the exception) want the Danish government to punish a private newspaper for publishing something that apparently offends them - and now want to punish the Danish state for it's refusal to curb the freedom of the press based on their religious views.

So the theocratic muslim monarchies are pushing for capitalist pressure on a far-away sovereign nation, to force the elected 'gubment to censor a newspaper from publishing  religious themed works, produced by the citizenry, that don't have the foreign muslim 'gubment's seal of approval. Bwa ha ha ha ha! Oh, isn't that precious. The Hajis have their turbans in a a twist.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that mayonaise all over that hotdog? Don't you wacky people  dip your fries in it too?

Ever hear of Ketchup?

[Dirty Harry]Nobody and I mean, nobody, puts ketchup on a hit dog anymore[/Dirty Harry]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted: I learned everything I need to know about Christianity during the Spanish Inquisition. generalizations are a bad thing.
You were there libtard? We saw  9/11!

Well, he is a fossil. So there's a slim chance that the libtard doesn't have monkeys flying out of his butt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee ain’t we smart… Being denser than a brick is a bad thing.

Spanish Inquisition long past memory…

Islamic Fascist today…

You must have missed the part about virtually ALL Muslim countries… so NO generalization.

I hate knee jerk terrorist apologist.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hey, not that I think any government should listen to another gov't (i.e. we should say "fuck off to the Euros who don't want us in Iraq, and Austria can tell us to fuck off because we don't want them selling rifles to Iran) here is just a little tidbit about Islam.

Muslims are forbidden to represent Muhammad in any way.
No drawings, no representations, nothing.
It is a big, big no-no.
Ever seen the famous film "The Messanger" about Muhammad's rise and the wars between Mecca and Medina?
Muhammad is never seen throughout the entire movie, and he never speaks.
Made the movie pretty hard to follow if you ask me.
And actually I feel this is a flaw in Islam - Muhammad is just a man, yet some Muslims place him higher than a man, to the point of blasphemy, IMO.
Kind of like some Roman Catholics and the prayers to saints.
Placing men at the level of God, or at least above the level of men, if you follow me.

actually, you are not allowed to draw pictures of human beings period, especially of the prophets. In addition to drawings, you are not allowed to make sculptures based off of humans, you are not allowed to take photographs of humans, and to the heaviest extreme, you are not allowed to watch motion pictures of humans.

So, it isn't just Muhammad that isn't supposed to be drawn; however, most Muslims are willing to let representations of non-prophets be displayed.

Oh, so anyway, my point.
The point is, this is INCREDIBLY offensive to all muslims, even muslims who are the equivalent of C & E Christians.
(You know the type - don't go to church except on Christmas and easter)
This is on the level of, oh say, a jar of urine with a cricifix in it, or the Virgin Mary covered in dung.
I'm not saying the Danish gov't should kowtow to foreign powers, I'm just saying, they aren't being hypersensitive about this.

in before the,"well Christians don't get upset about the jar of urine with a crucifix in it enough to actually bitch to editorials about it" group.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Our inability to do anything about Iran, Hamas, Bin Laden, etc. is making the arab world brave again. They think we are just going back to our pre-9-11 ways.
This will only increase as long as we continue to do nothing more than Iraq/Afganistan.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Islamic Fascist today…

okay, everything I needed to know about Christianity I learned from the Rwandan genocide(perpetuated by Christians under the guise of following their "God-given" racial superiority).

Or, everything I needed to learn about Christians I learned from the Christian Identity movement?

You must have missed the part about virtually ALL Muslim countries… so NO generalization.

I hate knee-jerk bigots; instead of basing your views on single events and whatever Robert Spencer or the other flavor-of-the-month Muslim haters say, do some research from multiple sources on the conflicts religion has caused from the Crusades onward. "God" has been the reason for a majority of wars, including the Iraq war(remember, Bush believes that God literally told him to go to war in Iraq).
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Our inability to do anything about Iran, Hamas, Bin Laden, etc. is making the arab world brave again. They think we are just going back to our pre-9-11 ways.
This will only increase as long as we continue to do nothing more than Iraq/Afganistan.

Well, after throwing our allies a big "F-You!!!", we don't have the logistical power to invade anybody else.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Islamic Fascist today…

okay, everything I needed to know about Christianity I learned from the Rwandan genocide(perpetuated by Christians under the guise of following their "God-given" racial superiority).

Or, everything I needed to learn about Christians I learned from the Christian Identity movement?

I hate knee-jerk bigots; instead of basing your views on single events and whatever Robert Spencer or the other flavor-of-the-month Muslim haters say, do some research from multiple sources on the conflicts religion has caused from the Crusades onward. "God" has been the reason for a majority of wars, including the Iraq war(remember, Bush believes that God literally told him to go to war in Iraq).

Okay, go away.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Know what really pisses me off?
I mean really gets me agravated.
Seeing the word "arab" and "muslim" being used interchangebly.
When people do that, I know they have no knowledge of what they are talking about.
Their knowledge of the topic probably consists of reading "Sword of the Prophet"
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Islamic Fascist today…

You are a libtard If you make it to your mid 30s and get that touchy feely shit outta your head you might be able to catch a clue. Wake up and smell the goat cheese.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Blah, blah, blah.

Please take your apoligies for murderous Islam elsewhere.

We ain't buying it here.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Islamic Fascist today…

You are a libtard If you make it to your mid 30s and get that touchy feely shit outta your head you might be able to catch a clue. Wake up and smell the goat cheese.

I have a clue, and the clue is that ALL religions are a severe waste of time and end up destroying their followers and the people who don't follow that religion.

The only way we are going to have any chance of even lowering the number of wars(wars will always happen, mind you) is if we replace "God" with "Mankind" and "re-educate" those who resist.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Islamic Fascist today…

That is about the mindless horseshit I would expect from another terrorist apologist…

The Christian Identity movement has noting to do with Christianity and is condemned by Christian churches.

Rwandan genocide was not supported by Christian churches all over the world.

Muslim extremism is supported in Mosques all over the world.

You are to historical ignorant to know the Crusades were a defensive reaction to violent expansive Muslim imperialism in to Europe. Sell the libtard lies elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Islamic Fascist today…

I have a clue, and the clue is that ALL religions are a severe waste of time and end up destroying their followers and the people who don't follow that religion.

The only way we are going to have any chance of even lowering the number of wars(wars will always happen, mind you) is if we replace "God" with "Mankind" and "re-educate" those who resist.

I digress. You are an atheist libtard
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blah, blah, blah.

We ain't buying it here.

I don't apologize for religions, I do however know their actions very well.

My opinion is, in remotely childish language:

All religions are shit; which religion is the nastiest shit I don't know; however, I am not going to eat shit period.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When people do that, I know they have no knowledge of what they are talking about.
Their knowledge of the topic probably consists of reading "Sword of the Prophet"

Really man. Don't they know Iran is not a arab country. And the Chechens aren't arabs either. Both are teaming with muslim terrorists though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted: Well, after throwing our allies a big "F-You!!!", we don't have the logistical power to invade anybody else.
Uh, yes we do. Our commitments in Afghanistan and Iraq are just a fraction of our capabilities. We're not even stressed, we're not even rationing resources, the economy is booming, we have so much equipment on standby it's freaky.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really man. Don't they know Iran is not a arab country. And the Chechens aren't arabs either. Both are teaming with muslim terrorists though.

Arabs smerabs, it's islam period that is the trouble. arabs happen to be a big part of it.

Iran just changed from Persia to impress hitler in his aryan conquest too. Big deal, it's still islam world domination.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as you use the correct terms, man, say it loud and say it proud.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blah, blah, blah.

We ain't buying it here.

All religions are shit; which religion is the nastiest shit I don't know; however, I am not going to eat shit period.

Pre med huh........You'll make a fine doctor someday, especially with your bedside mannor.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

That is about the mindless horseshit I would expect from another terrorist apologist…

The Christian Identity movement has noting to do with Christianity and is condemned by Christian churches.
So is terrorism among most educated Muslims(those that can actually read the Qur'an and have an educational background necessary to understand it).
Rwandan genocide was not supported by Christian churches all over the world.
neither was 9/11(and I was in a mosque on 9/11). I have yet to meet a single Arab who is glad about what happened on 9/11, and this is coming from Salafi/Wahhabists.
You are to historical ignorant to know the Crusades were a defensive reaction to violent expansive Muslim imperialism in to Europe.
as well as a way to withdraw attention from the corruption of the pontiff, and unify the people of Europe against an enemy besides other Europeans. It may have been originally a defense against Islam's relatively bloodshed free(most places just surrendered) conquest, but not for the reason you think. The Catholic church concerned itself with Jerusalem and the pilgrimage route to the Holy Land because they made money hand-over-fist from all of the "relics" and sacraments that they sold to pilgrims. I shed not a tear for those who were armed that died in the crusades, following their stupid ideas about "God's will", I feel bad for the innocent women and children butchered at the hands of their Christian brothers, as well as the innocents they massacred in Jerusalem.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Arabs smerabs, it's islam period that is the trouble. arabs happen to be a big part of it.

Iran just changed from Persia to impress hitler in his aryan conquest too. Big deal, it's still islam world domination.

You'll find no argument from me that Muslims are mostly Arabs.
What bothers me is all the "I'm keeping an eye on the raghead at the 7-11" comments.
Most Arabs in America are Christians.
When people talk smack about "Arabs" when they mean "Islam" I can't take their opinions seriously.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blah, blah, blah.

We ain't buying it here.

Pre med huh........You'll make a fine doctor someday, especially with your bedside mannor.

I do apologize for that, I am a bit tipsy(A little too much rum and bourbon).
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll find no argument from me that Muslims are mostly Arabs. however, you would be wrong, most Muslims are non-Arab in origin, the majority being of Indonesian descent
What bothers me is all the "I'm keeping an eye on the raghead at the 7-11" comments.
Most Arabs in America are Christians.
When people talk smack about "Arabs" when they mean "Islam" I can't take their opinions seriously.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Our inability to do anything about Iran, Hamas, Bin Laden, etc. is making the Edit; muslim world brave again. They think we are just going back to our pre-9-11 ways.

edit:
You are correct, i'm not, doesn't change the facts that they still think we are weak again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Also we note that although the Pope may not like the fact that artists get a kick out of showing crucifixes in urine, the Pope doesn't order suicide attacks against the artist.
There seems to be a sentiment among insular Moslems that their religious beliefs should automatically be held above reproach by everyone else, even people in other religions and in other countries. For this, the Arab world simply needs the smackdown.

What would have been wonderful is if (after this Danish episode) every major newspaper in (every non-Moslem country in the world) held a similar contest--"drawings of Allah" or whatever it was. Moslem extremists much prefer single targets that they can intimidate; I suspect that they wouldn't know what to do if faced with the realization that public belief outside of their own stomping grounds was that much against them.

But most US media at least would never consider such a thing; they are hopelessly ignorant, lost in the notion that "you can make mean people be nice by being nice to them".
~
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:Also we note that although the Pope may not like the fact that artists get a kick out of showing crucifixes in urine, the Pope doesn't order suicide attacks against the artist.
There seems to be a sentiment among insular Moslems that their religious beliefs should automatically be held above reproach by everyone else, even people in other religions and in other countries. For this, the Arab world simply needs the smackdown.

Exactly!

I'm sure the Vatican is infuriated by all kind of sacriligeous stuff that is incredibly offensive every day - by artists in the U.S. for example - but they sure don't demand that the US suspend the 1st Amendment, or demand sanctions and boycotts against all US companies and the US government.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top