Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 8:16:31 PM EDT
Was at a party and my right eye's contact folded upon itself, and now I can't find the sucker.  Somewhere on my eye

Has anybody here have this happen?

ETA: I know it's there and it didn't just fall out, felt it fold and move around a little, just don't know where it is now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
how did you type this post?

No, never happened to me. Never liked the idea of something touching my eyes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It migrated to your brain.
Pull up your top eyelid, it is lodged way up at the top.  Get the ones with tint.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
nope but arfcom needs to grab that lil guy
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
how did you type this post?

Glasses.  The contact is there, but not.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Pull up your top eyelid, it is lodged way up at the top.

Have looked up there, but couldn't see it.  Figure I'll flush my eye with saline solution.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one tear while in my eye and I lost half of it for a couple days.  I even put a new lens in the same eye with the piece still floating around somewhere.  But, it popped out, and probably blinded me a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep pouring saline solution in there, she might rise to the surface!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Holy crap, man, how do you lose a contact IN your eye?!

Funnneeee.  At least I said "on my eye" in the post.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I've come close to doing that a time or two, only I wear RGP lenses.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had that happen a couple times.  I actually just went and stood in front of the mirror for about a half hour, blinking and rolling my eye around.  Eventually a little corner of the contact popped out on one side of the eye, and I just pulled it right out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
In, on, whatever.  HTF does that happen?!

Dunno, guess it just fanagles its way around.    I hadn't worn contacts in roughly 3 months, so my eyes probably weren't used to them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In, on, whatever.  HTF does that happen?!

Dunno, guess it just fanagles its way around.    I hadn't worn contacts in roughly 3 months, so my eyes probably weren't used to them.

It can happen if your eyes are a bit dry and you rub your eye, happened to me a couple times.  Gas permeables are a bitch if they get lost on your eye somewhere.  I had to use a little suction cup thing to remove those when I was wearing them.  No I just wear soft contacts, easy to remove, just pinch 'em and yank
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top