User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/28/2006 6:46:17 PM EDT

----------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, January 28, 2006

Motorist beats worker for getting dust on car

By KATHERINE ROSENBERG/Staff Writer

HESPERIA — An incident with a leaf blower and some dust stirred up a lot of trouble in a parking lot Friday morning.

A 63-year-old contracting employee of Walgreens who was maintaining the parking lot around 9 a.m. was severely beaten by a man who claimed the employee got dust on his car, Deputy Ray Santa Cruz of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Hesperia station said.

And when the man was done beating the 63-year-old victim, he got into his vehicle and attempted to run him over. Luckily, onlookers stepped in and were able to stop that from happening, Santa Cruz said.

"He's in pain, he's hurting, crying out for help. Fortunately his youngest daughter witnessed this and went into the store for help, and luckily they grabbed him in time," Santa Cruz said.

Michael Moskalenko, 36, of Morro Bay, was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon for trying to run the victim over with his vehicle, officials said.

"He just had a lot of anger. With his car being a 2006, it's probably his pride and joy. Regardless, we live in the desert, there's dust everywhere," Santa Cruz said.

During the attack, Moskalenko threw the victim to the ground and kicked him repeatedly, including in the groin, officials said.

The victim was treated by paramedics on scene and was released to the care of his family.

Moskalenko showed little remorse for his actions, deputies said.

"He just couldn't understand why he was going to jail," Santa Cruz said.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Next time he'll be more careful.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate it when those inconsiderate fucks blow leaves, grass, sand, dirt, etc onto my clean car with their leaf blowers.  If they have to use a leaf blower then they should empty the parking lot or do it when nobody is there!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Was it a preban leaf blower?

Ban leaf blowers, it's for the children!

Get both leaf blowers
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate it when those inconsiderate fucks blow leaves, grass, sand, dirt, etc onto my clean car with their leaf blowers.  If they have to use a leaf blower then they should empty the parking lot or do it when nobody is there!

What the fuck?

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be half tempted to beat the fuck out of him, then beat the fuck out of his shiny car, then unass the area quick fore the cops got there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

Ed, I think they're being facetious.  

Moskalenko needs a good ass thrashing and taught some manners.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

There are some real hotheads that will flip out on anybody for the smallest things. Sadly, an old guy scratching out a living runs into a raving hothead and gets thumped for his troubles. It takes a real tough guy to beat on an old man. I'll never understand that kind of behavior.

As far as Schwoogie goes, you should see some of the shit he's posted in other threads. That guy has issues.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

Folks who post facetious things usually suffix it with a or a or even a ....

Didn't see a one of those.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck? hr

There are some real hotheads that will flip out on anybody for the smallest things. Sadly, an old guy scratching out a living runs into a raving hothead and gets thumped for his troubles. It takes a real tough guy to beat on an old man. I'll never understand that kind of behavior.

As far as Schwoogie goes, you should see some of the shit he's posted in other threads. That guy has issues.

Why don't you link them to some of the shit I have posted?
You won't because I have never posted anything bad.  
But I'll leave that open for you to try and prove it.

On the other hand, how about I post a screenshot of the IM you sent me in which you called me a "Nigger"?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I was not being facetious - If I take a bag of sand and blow it at high speed onto your car, would you be okay with that?  Now let's add leaves, dirt, grass clippings, pebbles, etc - you still okay with it?  Now imagine what it does to the paint.  Now imagine what it does to a cloth top.  Fuck the fucking fuck.
The old man did not deserve a beating but he should never have done what he did in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I was not being facetious - If I take a bag of sand and blow it at high speed onto your car, would you be okay with that?  Now let's add leaves, dirt, grass clippings, pebbles, etc - you still okay with it?  Now imagine what it does to the paint.  Now imagine what it does to a cloth top.  Fuck the fucking fuck.
The old man did not deserve a beating but he should never have done what he did in the first place.

I don't think the old guy did it intentionally. I think he's just one of those guys with the leaf blower pack on his back that has to blow down the whole parkinglot. Sure, it's annoying to have junk blown all over one's car, BUT, the guy didn't deserve chincheck with fries handed to him. He's just scratching out a living like everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Water is cheap, hope he gets some jail time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Water is cheap, hope he gets some jail time.

No kiddin there. I am sure it's NOT the first time that guy has gone apeshit on someone like that. He's 36 years old and still flipping out, can't have been a first time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Care in carrying out one's duties may have prevented getting the car dusted, but beating the begeezus out of a man is wrong.  His poor daughter saw it and that probably didn't do her any good either.  The culprit has some real anger management problems.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Who else feels like we should use the guys car for target practice?

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think the old guy did it intentionally. I think he's just one of those guys with the leaf blower pack on his back that has to blow down the whole parkinglot. Sure, it's annoying to have junk blown all over one's car, BUT, the guy didn't deserve chincheck with fries handed to him. He's just scratching out a living like everyone else.

+1

If an employee (or subcontractor) of Walgreens damaged the paint on his new car on Walgreen's property (parking lot), he should have gone inside - bought a disposable camera, taken a picture of the old dude standing next to his new car WITH the leafblower, gone inside again and gotten the phone number to Walgreens legal department, and then gone home and called them (or called his lawyer).

EVEN if his car was compeltely fucked up, there's a reasonable way to do this.  Had he done that, he would be getting ready to cash a check, instead of write one.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

On the other hand, how about I post a screenshot of the IM you sent me in which you called me a "Nigger"?

I dare you to do it.
Double dog dare in fact.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, I guess the guy shouldn't be driving his pride and joy in the high desert region now shouldn't he...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

I dare you to do it.
Double dog dare in fact.

EDITED out for the weaker ones.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

I dare you to do it.
Double dog dare in fact.

You know, posting someone's IM without their consent really isn't cool.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

I dare you to do it.
Double dog dare in fact.

I have no respect for someone who calls me a "Nigger".  I don't know why you do...

However I edited it so you don't have to cry anymore.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#23]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#24]
oh snap!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Well then you better never drive your fucking car, because all that shit will fly onto it from other vehicles on the road.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

I dare you to do it.
Double dog dare in fact.

I have no respect for someone who calls me a "Nigger".  I don't know why you do...

What's up your ass?

Where in my post did I give ANY indication that I am taking sides in your little internet dispute?  

I was merely pointing out that normally it's considered somewhat inappropriate to post someone's IM wihtout THEIR permission, not someone else egging you on.

Personally, I don't give a rats ass about what people are saying to each other in private IM's.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#27]
get a room you two!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds a bit immature if you ask me, resorting to attacks on ones parents, no room for this here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

I dare you to do it.
Double dog dare in fact.

Eh, he's my secret admirer from another thread where he went a lil nuts. He sent me some IM's where he continued to be frolicsom, so, I sent him a tasty tidbit to dine on, I'm guessing it was more than he could swallow. I'm sure he'll move on and develop a crush on someone else soon. He's been busy making lots of friends.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

I dare you to do it.
Double dog dare in fact.

What's up your ass?

Where in my post did I give ANY indication that I am taking sides in your little internet dispute?  

I was merely pointing out that normally it's considered somewhat inappropriate to post someone's IM wihtout THEIR permission, not someone else egging you on.

Personally, I don't give a rats ass about what people are saying to each other in private IM's.  

You don't care if there is a closet nazi on the board?  How about a closet gun-grabber?  Or closet terrorist?  If it's in IM you don't care?

BTW, I edited it out, your last post is the ony one to contain it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

Folks who post facetious things usually suffix it with a or a or even a ....

Didn't see a one of those.

Then he was being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well then you better never drive your fucking car, because all that shit will fly onto it from other vehicles on the road.

Eh, my car is so covered with pine sap, dirt, etc that an old guy buzzing by with a leaf blower would be doing me a favor.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
get a room you two!

No way! He's a cheap date. He didn't even offer to take me to Jack in-the-box! He's gotta at the very least spring for dinner and a movie way before we talk about rooms!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You never been in beautiful downtown Hesperia on a good day, let alone in Santa Ana conditions have you?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You don't care if there is a closet nazi on the board?  How about a closet gun-grabber?  Or closet terrorist?  If it's in IM you don't care?

Of course I CARE, in the sense that I don't LIKE it - but I certainly wouldn't consider harsh language in a private IM in some on-line pissing contest to be definitely proof of neo-nazi sympathies. For all I know, he just wanted to get under your skin and figured that was the best way to do it.  I don't know either of you, so I can't really infre anything from it.  

But more abstractly - this is a discussion board with specific rules.  If people can follow those rules, they are welcome here.  I don't think anyone here wants to ban people for "thought crimes" or for things they have expressed in IM's.

The REAL "closet nazis" invariably out themselves, and are eventually banned.  The system seems to work fine as it is.

Would I be pissed too, at an IM like that?  Sure.  But, ultimately, it's just the internet.  If you can't shrug something like that off, it's probably time to walk away from the computer.

... and on that note, I need to get back to work.  

btw - I've been called FAR worse - namely "Dutch"
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Please step away.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course I CARE, in the sense that I don't LIKE it - but I certainly wouldn't consider harsh language in a private IM in some on-line pissing contest to be definitely proof of neo-nazi sympathies. For all I know, he just wanted to get under your skin and figured that was the best way to do it.  I don't know either of you, so I can't really infre anything from it.  

But more abstractly - this is a discussion board with specific rules.  If people can follow those rules, they are welcome here.  I don't think anyone here wants to ban people for "thought crimes" or for things they have expressed in IM's.

The REAL "closet nazis" invariably out themselves, and are eventually banned.  The system seems to work fine as it is.

Would I be pissed too, at an IM like that?  Sure.  But, ultimately, it's just the internet.  If you can't shrug something like that off, it's probably time to walk away from the computer.

Well, I did shrug it off, then he followed me to this thread to do more trolling, so I figured I would out him.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Not much to worry about here.  The hothead will get himself beaten-up, shot, stabbed, etc...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally thought the closet Nazi accusation was funny. I'm not sure the Closet Nazi's will accept me though unles they start allowing Mex/white mixes in! I fear my darker hide will be the fly in the soup as I try to attend the closet nazi BBQ.  As far as him being pissed, that too is funny. Here he pops into IM to push my buttons, I enjoyed a jolly chuckle and pushed his instead and then he cries victim. If THAT is all it takes to push him over the edge, then he has bigger problems than IM! It's nearly thread related! Here's yet another one that flies off the handle over small stuff. This guy and the perp described in the thread must be related.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#40]
People like that need to be careful, they never know who they are fucking with.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Not much to worry about here.  The hothead will get himself beaten-up, shot, stabbed, etc...

True, but probably not before he beats up someone else for something equally trivial. The guy is in jail, hanging out with his type to eventually get out and he'll probably go off on someone again. If he'll whoop on an old man like that, imagine his other potential targets, women, kids, etc.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Oh yeah! He'll eventually run into someone just as or MORE explosive than himself.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah! He'll eventually run into someone just as or MORE explosive than himself.

If I EVER, and i mean EVER, see some one beating down on an older person, or a child......

The things I would do to them.

My subsequent conversation with the police would sound something like this......

Officer: "the suspect has 2 broken knee caps, no teeth, 2 dislocated shoulders, his ears are hanging down past his chin, 2 broken arms, and numerouis cuts and bruises.  would you like to explain what happened?"

Stainless:  "well sir, I saw him on top of the older gentleman, punching him..... i ran over and threw him off.... he said he felt bad, and proceeded to throw himself through his own car window, then he started slamming his own head in the car door, begging forgiveness.   I was helping the older gentleman at the time... and couldnt stop him."
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Maybe the old guy did it intentionally.  He saw a young guy in a shiney new car, and realized that his life was fucked up and he will die as a slave working for Walgreens.  He got jealous and sprayed the guys car with the blower.  The guy comes out and sees the old man scratching up the paint and tried to stop him.  

I am going to reserve my judgement until all the facts are out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Maybe the old guy did it intentionally.  He saw a young guy in a shiney new car, and realized that his life was fucked up and he will die as a slave working for Walgreens.  He got jealous and sprayed the guys car with the blower.  The guy comes out and sees the old man scratching up the paint and tried to stop him.  

HUH???
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Yeah.  I'm sure that's what happened....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HUH???

I laughed a bit when I read that, mainly because the gent was older. However, I have seen several younger guys do this deliberately, and they were laughing about it. I walked by them and gave them a look and they quit and acted like nothing happened. Heck, we have mower pricks at work that LOVE to spray every car they can with debris. They will actually lift UP the guard to throw it further. Guess you can't be to picky when you farm it out to the cheapest bid.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Sickening!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck?

My sentiments exactly !!! WTF !!!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top