Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
What's the place in Chicago that will ship you the badass frozen pizza? I heard about it a while back, and I want to try the damned thing
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Do a google search, there is alot of places that will meet your criteria.

Of course the .gov will now know that I searched for frozen pizza when google hands over the search results...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm talking about one restaurant in particular. It was mentioned here some time ago. Links were given..blah blah blah...

....anyone?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Was it Giordano's?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
PIZZA

ETA: Daggit, beat by seconds - and by a left coaster!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Try these guys:

www.edwardos.com/

They've got locations in Chicago and Milwaukee.

I could eat that pizza every day and never get tired of it.

They ship frozen deep dish pizzas.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I couldn't tell you if either of those were it or not. But thatnks! I'll choose one of them :)
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, now I'm hungry ... and they're only a few blocks away.

Edwardo's
9" Stuffed Cheese Pizza

Edwardo's real cheese pleaser with its legendary claim to fame, this pizza wins awards! Lavished with 100% pure aged cheese and surrounded by two layers of crisp golden crust topped with secret tomato sauce.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Damn, now I'm hungry ... and they're only a few blocks away. www.red-dawn.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/noclue.gif

featuredfoods.com/a-store/graphics/EDW-01.jpg

Edwardo's
9" Stuffed Cheese Pizza

Edwardo's real cheese pleaser with its legendary claim to fame, this pizza wins awards! Lavished with 100% pure aged cheese and surrounded by two layers of crisp golden crust topped with secret tomato sauce.

Damn you...

You made me hungry and it's all your fault...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they do international delivery?
Taffy
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#10]
It was a thread I started sometime last year. The place was called Lou Malnati's. A little pricey but pretty good pizza. Get the sausage one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#11]
oh god, I am getting one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I know you can buy a frozen pizza from Pizzeria Uno (corner of Ohio & Wabash in Chicago) but I'm not sure if they ship them or not.  I've driven three hours to Chicago just to eat there before, and most likely will again.  It's that good, much better than the franchise version.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Lou's is www.loutogo.com/

ETA: You can also just call 1-800-LOU-TOGO

EATA: Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I didn't even have to google that?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I live in Illinois and have never heard of this place before.

Is it really worth my time?

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What's the place in Chicago that will ship you the badass frozen pizza? I heard about it a while back, and I want to try the damned thing

It was Lou Malnati's. There was a thread running on it here about six months ago, give or take.

www.tastesofchicago.com/ is a link to the best of Chicago's restaurants for shipping anywhere - Malnati's pizza, Portillo's Italian beef, Carson's Ribs, Eli's Cheesecake, Vienna Beef hotdogs and Wildfire's steaks.

Lou's has an optional butter crust pizza dough and it's awesome.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I live in Illinois and have never heard of this place before.

Oh yeah!! I LOVED IT!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Chicago resident chiming in here.

The pizza place you are looking for is Lou Malnati's, they have a chain in the Chicago area.  Many people will try to steer you to Uno's, Giordanos, or Connie's.  These people are ass hats.  

Lou Malnati's is, hands down, the BEST PIZZA IN THE UNITED STATES.

Order an extra large butter crust sausage, cook it at high heat (425) until the crust is crispy and only cut slices as you plan to eat them.  This will preserve the texture and let you save most of the pizza.  I am a BIG eater and I can only handle two slices per sitting.  It's an outstanding pizza.  The sausages comes as one HUGE patty that covers the pie.

If you don't like the pizza, I will come to your house and bludgeon you with remnants of said pizza.  You will spend several months in traction.

Put it this way - this is the place I take my friends from out of town when they ask for "The best food Chicago has to offer".  When I go home to Chicago, the first place I order from is Lou Malnati's, (but I can't forget Portillos, Tore and Lukes, Buffalo Joes, Sarki's, Charlie Trotters, and Wildfire).

www.loutogo.com

Chicago is the best food city in the country.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#19]
$48 for two 9 inch pizzas? This better be the best damn pizza I've ever ate.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:00:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The pizza place you are looking for is Lou Malnati's, they have a chain in the Chicago area.  Many people will try to steer you to Uno's, Giordanos, or Connie's.  These people are ass hats.  

Lou Malnati's is, hands down, the BEST PIZZA IN THE UNITED STATES.

I used to think the same, but Due's has a very strong case for being better in the last few years.  Malnati's has gone slightly downhill.  And I'm not referring to going to the chain stores, which were always slightly weaker;  I mean even at the Lincolnwood original.  Forget about the Evanston restaurant or the little strip-mall outlets.

Quoted:
I am a BIG eater and I can only handle two slices per sitting.  It's an outstanding pizza.  The sausages comes as one HUGE patty that covers the pie.

Lightweight.

Quoted:
Put it this way - this is the place I take my friends from out of town when they ask for "The best food Chicago has to offer".  When I go home to Chicago, the first place I order from is Lou Malnati's, (but I can't forget Portillos, Tore and Lukes, Buffalo Joes, Sarki's, Charlie Trotters, and Wildfire).

You forgot Wally's.  Corner of Oakton and NW Hwy in Park Ridge.

Quoted:
$48 for two 9 inch pizzas? This better be the best damn pizza I've ever ate.

It doesn't cost that much if you go to one of the restaurants.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:04:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I live in downstate Illinois, in a cave, with my fingers stuck in my ears, and have never heard of this place before.

Fixed it for you (with apologies to "Frasier").  Yes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I must respectfully disagree with Special Operator on this one.

Lou Malnati's is great deep-dish, however, I would have to go with Giordano's. I live by Giordano's and Edwardo's, I would go for shipping from Giordano's, myself. If you can, order the spinach and feta if they have it (not popular).
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Damn, now I'm hungry ... and they're only a few blocks away. www.red-dawn.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/noclue.gif

featuredfoods.com/a-store/graphics/EDW-01.jpg

Edwardo's
9" Stuffed Cheese Pizza

Thanks alot.  I was all set to have ribs for dinner but now I want pizza.

Fucker.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Just had a Loutogo pizza (Lou Malnati) and I want my fucking money back. He should hang his fucking head in shame for calling himself an Italian and calling that dreck pizza.
Bland boring ass pizza and if you compare it to a NYC pizza it is utter crap.
Save your money and go elsewhere.
Shit I never thought I would say this but Sbarro mall pizza is better.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Just had a Loutogo pizza (Lou Malnati) and I want my fucking money back. He should hang his fucking head in shame for calling himself an Italian and calling that dreck pizza.
Bland boring ass pizza and if you compare it to a NYC pizza it is utter crap.
Save your money and go elsewhere.
Shit I never thought I would say this but Sbarro mall pizza is better.

I hereby declare a fatwa against twonami.  Death to pizza infidels.

Honestly, you just can't compare the mailorder ones to the real ones.  Take a drive down to the Chicago area, get off I-94  onto Touhy Avenue (or I-90 to Cumberland (North) to Touhy, then turn right on Touhy, if you have to take 90, although you'll be on Touhy a while), go east until you hit Lincoln Avenue in Lincolnwood, turn right, and go until just past Devon.  Lou's flagship will be on your left (it's a little hard to spot).  Turn into their parking lot, get out of your car, and go experience one of the best pizzas on the planet.  Due's might have an edge on them right now, or might not.

The mailorder ones are great for people who are going through withdrawal symptoms (weight loss, arteries opening up), but they can't properly be compared to the real thing.  It's like whacking off to old National Geographics as compared to getting it on with Nicole Kidman.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#28]
As long as you're in the area, you may as well do a pizza survey and hit Giordano's, Edwardo's, and The Pequod (a little-known place in Morton Grove;  used to be fantastic, but got bought out and has declined;  still worth an occasional visit).  Also try Due's, although you'll have to go downtown to do it (only one location, somewhere in the Loop).

Then report back on which ones gave you the best culinary orgasms.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#29]
I LOVE Gino's East but I stopped eating their pizza when they changed ownership, it went downhill and their Oak Lawn (IL)restaurant closed.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#30]
At least a frozen NYC pizza tastes close
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't know about that Giordano’s place.

They insist on shipping FedEx priority overnight with dry ice (very expensive), and then state "...we are unable to ship out any meat products because of USDA regulations."

That sounds like BS.

Omaha Steaks ships out frozen steaks packed in dry ice in a special styrofoam box using 7-10 day ground shipping. Of course, that's significantly cheaper.

Why can Omaha ground-ship frozen meat while Giordano’s cannot ship meat at all and you have to use the very expensive air rate?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I don't know about that Giordano’s place.

They insist on shipping FedEx priority overnight with dry ice (very expensive), and then state "...we are unable to ship out any meat products because of USDA regulations."

That sounds like BS.

Omaha Steaks ships out frozen steaks packed in dry ice in a special styrofoam box using 7-10 day ground shipping. Of course, that's significantly cheaper.

Why can Omaha ground-ship frozen meat while Giordano’s cannot ship meat at all and you have to use the very expensive air rate?

omaha vacuum packs their meats also
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#35]

1 Plain  Cheesecake with 1 Cheese, 1 Sausage, 1 Pepperoni Pizzas
$69.95

Sounds good to me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top