Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 7:02:25 PM EDT
I'm doing business with a guy and he gives me a total of:

$285.00 is cool.. If you send paypal $297.00 to cover fee's.

$285 was the agreed price and I understand the %3 paypal fee but, I inform him:

Just so you know, $285 + %3 for Paypal is $293.55...

He responds:

I get charged 4%. Dont ask me Y?? Here is a transaction from paypal

I think it's bull because on the paypal site, it currently displays %1.9-%2.9 fee...

It can't be %4, can it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If you include e-bay fees it might. Do yourself a favor and remove all funds from your Paypig account on a daily basis. Those bastards are thieves!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you include e-bay fees it might. Do yourself a favor and remove all funds from your Paypig account on a daily basis. Those bastards are thieves!

I'm not using ebay...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
PayPal is THE SUCK.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
PayPal is THE SUCK.

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd find someone else to buy from.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's what I'm thinking...

Any other opinions?

ETA: I've been picking up other small things like that I haven't posted and I might make available...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I'm thinking...

Any other opinions?

ETA: I've been picking up other small things like that I haven't posted and I might make available...

Well, you could send payment, wait for it to ship, and then report him to paypal for violating their usage policy on adding fees:

"# No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods). "

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Here is some pics. *******, I am the type of person that hates to sell off stuff that goes to my guns. So you are going to have to make me want to sell this to you. Please don't try and low ball me on it as I will just keep it. I also have an adaptor that I would sell you if you might have use for it.Thanks!

This already seems shoddy...

I don't appreciate being baited.

Here's more:

********, How about $300 shipped with the thread Protector. I hate for you to have the threads get messed up. If this is ok send USPS Money order to:

The problem with that is I already have a thread protector for that barrel...

$15 down from your original price really seems less than enough for a decent thread protector...

I can send you $285 today or, I can paypal it ASAP...

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:09:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to get a couple more replies before I make a decision...

^Up^
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I charge 5%.

The extra 2% is my "Wow, you really have to be the kind of asshole who demands to pay with PayPal?" fee.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top