Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 3:29:11 PM EDT

Couple of thoughts

- Hamas won't be able to hide in the background any more. They are now in the spotlight, and therefore will be held responsible for everything that goes on, whether they were behind it or not.

- Hamas won't "get reasonable" now that they have political power. Former Israeli PM Netanyahu was right when he pointed out that the Taliban in Afghanistan, or the extremists in Iran didn't get "reasonable" once they got in power. Hamas's nature won't change with the responsibility of running a country. They will be just as incompetent and corrupt as the Fatah party was.

- Hamas really isn't all that different than Arrafats Fatah party. Fatah was just as dedicated to the destruction of Israel as Hamas is.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
My thought is...hopefully Netanyahu will be voted back in, and Israel will destroy every last Palestinean man, woman, and child, and get it all over with for once and all.

This is the only chance for peace in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My thought is...hopefully Netanyahu will be voted back in, and Israel will destroy every last Palestinean man, woman, and child, and get it all over with for once and all.

there will never be peace in the middle beast..
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there will never be peace in the middle beast..

Thats exactly right......There will never be peace........

GhostCat
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Tonight, even my tender hearted and quasi-left leaning wife (as far as social issues goes) said "They (palestineans) need to be relocated."

My response, "Where to?"

Mrs. Cavu, "Space."  

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Couple of thoughts

- Hamas won't be able to hide in the background any more. They are now in the spotlight, and therefore will be held responsible for everything that goes on, whether they were behind it or not.

- Hamas won't "get reasonable" now that they have political power. Former Israeli PM Netanyahu was right when he pointed out that the Taliban in Afghanistan, or the extremists in Iran didn't get "reasonable" once they got in power. Hamas's nature won't change with the responsibility of running a country. They will be just as incompetent and corrupt as the Fatah party was.

- Hamas really isn't all that different than Arrafats Fatah party. Fatah was just as dedicated to the destruction of Israel as Hamas is.  

Good points.

There might be some upsides to Hamas winning.

The West will turn off financial support.  Iran may decide to foot the bill.  Propping up a corrupt country can be very expensive.  (I think the Soviet Union had some experience in this....) It may drain enough financial resources to make the construction of a nuclear weapon impossible.  In response, they may dump oil to generate enough income, driving oil prices down.  This effort won't be successful and the when the Iranian people have had enough, the ruling party will fold quickly, leaving PLO and some other nations sucking a dry teat.

One can hope.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#7]
SRM: Highly doubt that this will be a drain financially on Iran since oil prices are a record high.  Iran is making money "hand-over-fist."
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Good points.

There might be some upsides to Hamas winning.

The West will turn off financial support.  Iran may decide to foot the bill.  Propping up a corrupt country can be very expensive.  (I think the Soviet Union had some experience in this....) It may drain enough financial resources to make the construction of a nuclear weapon impossible.  In response, they may dump oil to generate enough income, driving oil prices down.  This effort won't be successful and the when the Iranian people have had enough, the ruling party will fold quickly, leaving PLO and some other nations sucking a dry teat.
One can hope.

SRM

Problem with your scenario.

You are thinking like an American... with American thoughts and Ideals... you have to think like them in order to get yourself in the realm of their thought.

Hamas Hates Israel
Iran Hates Israel
Iran has nuclear capabilities

You do the math. I dont think this is gonna be pretty.

ETA: This is not an attack on you... just debating.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Problem with your scenario.

You are thinking like an American... with American thoughts and Ideals... you have to think like them in order to get yourself in the realm of their thought.

Hamas Hates Israel
Iran Hates Israel
Iran has nuclear capabilities

You do the math. I dont think this is gonna be pretty.

ETA: This is not an attack on you... just debating.

Don't get me wrong, nuclear war in the Middle East is a very real possibility.  I don't believe Iran is in possession of a warhead and I would question whether they have a viable delivery system.  If they have the  opportunity, I believe they would not hesitate to use it.

I have limited exposure to Iranians, but the ones I met were quick to point out that they were Persians and had a much more "moderate" view of the west.  They also said they would not go back.  One said he'd rather be in a Mexican jail then go back to his country ruled by religion.

I wonder if Hamas will wake up to the fact that they are now responsible for a population.  They have had a difficult enough time waging a war with state support from a safe haven against a fixed population.  Tasks like supplying clean water and taking out the trash may be overwhelming.  I can see them farming out the services to their good buddies and the support money coming from Iran running through their hands like the were sieves (even more than is happening currently).  Feeding an economic cancer is no way to cure it.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]
The way I see it, the majority of their people voted for the destruction of Israel by voting in HAMAS. So whatever tiny amount of sympathy I might have had for them before is now gone. And whatever Israel lays on them will not only be their fault, but deserved. Piss on them. Let them get what they have coming.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The way I see it, the majority of their people voted for the destruction of Israel by voting in HAMAS. So whatever tiny amount of sympathy I might have had for them before is now gone. And whatever Israel lays on them will not only be their fault, but deserved. Piss on them. Let them get what they have coming.

You know this is worth repeating. Its NO secret what Hamas was all about and the people voted them in. Its like voting the grand pooba or whatever he is of the KKK and then what? Saying "Oh, we didnt know they were racist?"

BULLSHIT! they looked at the menu and KNEW what they were ordering. they got it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:05:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Pali's are scourge of the middle east, hated by all other Arabs.  Unless they can be used as pawns/tools to undermine/distract/destroy Israel.

Pali's were given a choice between Fatah, a corrupt moderate terrorist group or Hamas a dedicated intent violent whacked out terrorist group.  They chose the later knowing full well what is EXPECTED.

When Arafat took his dirt nap I figured we were three generations away from possible peace in the middle east.  Now there isn't a snow balls chance in Negev there will be peace for 200 years.

As for Iran proping up the Pali's, you can bet the farm they are.  They really don't need a warhead or viable delivery system.  I have believed for some time, their intent is not to have a missile as a mode of delivery.  All they need is one jihadi willing to push the button so he can get his 72 virgins.  Logistics not with standing.  A low yield nuke lit up in Israel will be hailed and cheered by the Arab world.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#14]
The Palestinians elected a terrorist government. That's more evidence that Palestinians ARE terrorists. So we should invade the Palestinian territories, take it all over, and sell it to the Israelis for profit!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#15]
The Hamas Charter from 1988.

www.palestinecenter.org/cpap/documents/charter.html

Reads like al Qaeda.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top