Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 3:23:11 PM EDT
Well, one of the benefits of the apartment that I am currently renting is that it comes with a washer/dryer right in the unit.

The washer/dryer that was in here when I moved in was broken. Two weeks after bringing this to their attention they replaced it with another (used) washer/dryer. Now this one's broken. It won't drain and it won't spin. It finishes aggitating and then sits there like a dumb shit. The problem for me is that now all of my sweaters are soaking in about 5 gallons of water, and I have no way to get them dry except to carry them all the way across the apartment (dripping water everywhere) and wring them out by hand in the bathtub.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a house.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
hell I get the privlege of paying $2 per load to wash and dry, and carry my laundry 50 yards each way to do it.  plus running the risk of someone stealing my clothes.

could be worse
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on buying a house.  You're making someone else rich by renting.  You too deserve to be rich.  Start now...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Buy a house.

+1. It's called equity
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Buy a house.

+1. It's called equity

I've got a house...in Michigan. I have to sell that one before I can buy another one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
check the lid switch.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
check the lid switch.

+1
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The problem for me is that now all of my sweaters are soaking in about 5 gallons of water, and I have no way to get them dry except to carry them all the way across the apartment (dripping water everywhere) and wring them out by hand in the bathtub.

Is there some reason you can't ring them out over the washer?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Buy a house.

With the price of homes right now, this is one of the few times in which it makes more sense for an individual to rent then own.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
check the lid switch.

Shouldn't agitiate if the lid switch is open.

Get yourself some schematics and fix it.

You could be like me, washer and dryer is outside my back door....I have to walk out of my apartment to wash clothes.

At least it's in the building, though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
check the lid switch.

Shouldn't agitiate if the lid switch is open.

Get yourself some schematics and fix it.

You could be like me, washer and dryer is outside my back door....I have to walk out of my apartment to wash clothes.

At least it's in the building, though.

It will agitate with a broken lid switch... the lid switch is only activated in the spin cycle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top