Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 2:31:16 PM EDT
I was watching Dallas s.w.a.t. last night, and an officer made a comment about a remington 870, the officer said it was the same weapon police carry, and added "it's a very devistating weapon". A day or two ago, on Texas s.w.at., they found a sks in a drug house, and made the comment that an sk and it's cousin the ak are very common, and capable of firing 650rds a min. An 870, can be a devistating weapon, and a sk or ak can be made FA weapons, so both statements are true. Any firearm in the hands of a criminal, can be devistating. Do you think these shows have an anti gun undertone? No distinctions were made about modifications, or that an 870 is one of the most common bird hunting guns ever made........... Hell you guys know what I'm asking, or thinking, I like to watch both shows, but this stuff gets under my skin.  Opinions please.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember just before Waco, the TV was filled with SWAT shows. Seems like it's time for them to get cocky again.  Really, from a tactical standpoint it is stupid to show everyone how you operate..
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Dog is over the top, very entertaining! I wonder if the officers on these shows do make distinctions between, legal and illegal guns, and modifications, but they get edited out, and leave an anti gun statement in the final edit?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
These shows, do give away a lot of their tactics, but they also show that the criminal will lose.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
after watching the first show where those idiots almost killed one officer and trashed a car ripping the front door off a house i quit watching it. Dog the bounty hunter is much more entertaining

+1 on red.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
They are THE SUCK.

All the misinformation about the damage a Full Auto SKS can do.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
To much talk, not enough bang.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
To much talk, not enough bang.

That is not a good thing to say about your Significant Other.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I know all LEOs aren't against gun ownership, and the guys on the t.v. seem like normal guys, I just wonder if their statements are getting spun, or are they intentionally being anti-gun? They showed a tech-9 the other day, and then showed a glock being fired full auto, as if it were the tech9. Now are they doing this or is this hollywood embelishment?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top